• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi, 

We integrate with our customers' Salesforce instances using the Partner WSDL and we have a partner ID. We have run into an issue with using a describeSObject call on a custom object for one of our customers. describeSObject works fine on standard objects like Opportunity, Account, etc.. but there is a custom object that we need access to but describeSObject is returning that it is an invalid type. We are using the API name specified for the custom object. So if the custom object API name is OA_Projects__c, we're seeing 

sObject type 'OA_Projects__c' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

We have integrated with custom objects for other customers using the Partner WSDL and have not had any issues with describeSObject.  

Does anyone have any ideas what this might be? 

Thanks in advance, 

Tony

Hi,

We have an integration that has been using version 10 of the API and it works fine. I'm interesting in migrating to a later version of the API but am getting the error message

INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session

when I try this. The integration uses a partner WSDL. Basically, a login is issued and it returns successful, we grab the serverURL and sessionID and use them to make subsequent calls. New sessions appear to be created but still getting the error message when trying to make any call after login; e.g. describeSObject.

I've changed the "Lock sessions to the IP address from which they originated", then logout but still getting the error message.That seemed to be on setting that was common to others who had this issue.

Again, v10 of the API, we have no issues like this. The only thing different is the endpoint - the basic SOAP to login is the sam and I get a valid response upon login. 

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

Hello,

Can fields that are hidden from a page layout be used in web integration links?

We have a situation where on a sandbox account, a picklist custom field that uses a simple formula is visible on the account page layout. It is merged properly in the WIL. In the production account, our client would like to keep the field hidden but we're finding an issue with the merge field not working. Before recommending to our client that the field shouldn't be hidden but could be made read-only, I wanted to verify that there isn't an issue with fields that are not visible on any page layout but used in a web integration link.

Thank you in advance.

Tony

Hello,

I'm currently able to use

{!Opportunity.OwnerFullname}

in custom links to bring over the names of opportunity owners to our local system. Is it possible to call OwnerFullname from the API or do I need to query the User object?

Thanks

Hello all,

We are using web integration links. When we try to capture the object ID in the weblink, we able to access the 15 char ID but we would like to be able to get the 18 char ID in the weblink. For example, a weblink might have

http://... /...opportunity_id={!Opportunity.Id}

and {!Opportunity.Id} we return the 15 char ID but we'd like to be able to get to the 18 char ID. I know that the 18 char ID is returned from direct API calls and saw this in the web services documentation:

"ID fields in the Salesforce user interface contain 15-character, base-62, case-sensitive strings"

Does this mean that weblinks used directly in the user interface cannot get the 18 char ID?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, 

We integrate with our customers' Salesforce instances using the Partner WSDL and we have a partner ID. We have run into an issue with using a describeSObject call on a custom object for one of our customers. describeSObject works fine on standard objects like Opportunity, Account, etc.. but there is a custom object that we need access to but describeSObject is returning that it is an invalid type. We are using the API name specified for the custom object. So if the custom object API name is OA_Projects__c, we're seeing 

sObject type 'OA_Projects__c' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

We have integrated with custom objects for other customers using the Partner WSDL and have not had any issues with describeSObject.  

Does anyone have any ideas what this might be? 

Thanks in advance, 

Tony

Hi,

We have an integration that has been using version 10 of the API and it works fine. I'm interesting in migrating to a later version of the API but am getting the error message

INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session

when I try this. The integration uses a partner WSDL. Basically, a login is issued and it returns successful, we grab the serverURL and sessionID and use them to make subsequent calls. New sessions appear to be created but still getting the error message when trying to make any call after login; e.g. describeSObject.

I've changed the "Lock sessions to the IP address from which they originated", then logout but still getting the error message.That seemed to be on setting that was common to others who had this issue.

Again, v10 of the API, we have no issues like this. The only thing different is the endpoint - the basic SOAP to login is the sam and I get a valid response upon login. 

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

Hello,

Can fields that are hidden from a page layout be used in web integration links?

We have a situation where on a sandbox account, a picklist custom field that uses a simple formula is visible on the account page layout. It is merged properly in the WIL. In the production account, our client would like to keep the field hidden but we're finding an issue with the merge field not working. Before recommending to our client that the field shouldn't be hidden but could be made read-only, I wanted to verify that there isn't an issue with fields that are not visible on any page layout but used in a web integration link.

Thank you in advance.

Tony

Hi Guys,

I use WWW::Salesforce to create accounts, contacts and opportunities in salesforce. It all works nicely until I try to send customer names that use special characters other than ascii.

These when viewed in salesforce look as if the encoding is broken. AFAIK SOAP::Lite which WWW::Salesforce uses is utf8 per default (I tried setting it manually, no success).

Interstingly, when I use Encode::encode_utf8 on the strings I pass on to the hash (see below) Dumper prints the strings properly (and no, it does not work without that call as well). So I'm thinking, I got the strings properly utf8-ed. Still, no success on the salesforce side. Could it be that SOAP::Lite re-encodes them again although they are utf8? (if I leave them unencoded, the string that arrives is a different one but still broken). Here are the details:

Sent string (contact name): 2äöäöääö

Arrived string: 2äöäöääö

Dumper output:

$VAR1 = {
          'Phone' => undef,
          'MailingCountry' => undef,
          'FirstName' => '1lölölööl',
          'Login__c' => 'eetestu14',
          'LastName' => '2äöäöääö',
          'MailingStreet' => undef,
          'Email' => 'XXXXXXXXX'
          'type' => 'contact',
          'AccountId' => 'XXXXXXXX',

};

Perl code:

use Encode;

my $contact =
  {

'type'=> 'contact',

'AccountId' => $accountId,   

'FirstName' => encode_utf8($user->getFirstName()),
    'LastName' => encode_utf8($user->getLastName()),
    'Login__c' => $user->getLogin(),
    'Email' => $user->getEmail(),
    'Phone' => $user->getContactPhone(),
    'MailingStreet' => $user->getContactAddress1(),
    'MailingCountry' => $user->getContactCountry(),
  };
 $res = $self->sf()->create(%$contact);

So, any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Cheers,

Emil

i am getting an error "sObject type weblink is not supported" when trying to query the weblink table from the api within an application to get the name of a custom button and link.  what permissions do i need to setup for the user's profile in the ui for this to work?

• February 02, 2009
Hello,

I'm currently able to use

{!Opportunity.OwnerFullname}

in custom links to bring over the names of opportunity owners to our local system. Is it possible to call OwnerFullname from the API or do I need to query the User object?

Thanks

Hello all,

We are using web integration links. When we try to capture the object ID in the weblink, we able to access the 15 char ID but we would like to be able to get the 18 char ID in the weblink. For example, a weblink might have

http://... /...opportunity_id={!Opportunity.Id}

and {!Opportunity.Id} we return the 15 char ID but we'd like to be able to get to the 18 char ID. I know that the 18 char ID is returned from direct API calls and saw this in the web services documentation:

"ID fields in the Salesforce user interface contain 15-character, base-62, case-sensitive strings"

Does this mean that weblinks used directly in the user interface cannot get the 18 char ID?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hey,

Having a problem updating an Account Name where an ampersand is present.

PHP is returning the following error:
Uncaught SoapFault exception: [soapenv:Client] The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.

Now I've tried escaping the ampersand (eg: \&) to no avail... Is there a way to use this character with PHP / Salesforce API ? Can I use Unicode or HTML encoding on this?
  • May 29, 2007