• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I am having some issues getting a validation rule to fire in our custom object.  The rule should fire when Content Type = ‘Visual Aid’ AND Location = ‘Lakeview, IL’ AND Recommended Approver is blank.  Unfortunately this rule does not work.  I can only get the rule to fire if I remove one of my ‘NOT’ criterion. It does not matter which one I remove leaving everything else, the rule works.  Does anyone know why?  My formula is below. Thanks for any help.

AND (

NOT ( ISPICKVAL( Content_Type__c , "Visual Aid")),

NOT(INCLUDES( Location__c , "Lakeview, IL") ),

LEN( Recomended_Approver__c ) = 0

)

-Michael

Has anyone been able to get this to work in Sandbox?

Hello,

I am having some issues getting a validation rule to fire in our custom object.  The rule should fire when Content Type = ‘Visual Aid’ AND Location = ‘Lakeview, IL’ AND Recommended Approver is blank.  Unfortunately this rule does not work.  I can only get the rule to fire if I remove one of my ‘NOT’ criterion. It does not matter which one I remove leaving everything else, the rule works.  Does anyone know why?  My formula is below. Thanks for any help.

AND (

NOT ( ISPICKVAL( Content_Type__c , "Visual Aid")),

NOT(INCLUDES( Location__c , "Lakeview, IL") ),

LEN( Recomended_Approver__c ) = 0

)

-Michael

Hi. Is it possible to use a cross-object formula to bring over an email from a parent object to a child object so that I can use that email in an email alert?

Thanks for any tips.
  • December 05, 2008
I am new to salesforce (using for 4 months now) and I need to add my first validation code.  I have not done this as of yet and I do not understand the coding language. 

I am looking for a code which will require an entry into another field on the same object when a different field is checked (it's a checkbox field).  I have two of these instances and would like the code rather simple.  For example:

If the Returned to Manufacturer (Field: Returnmfg; API name: Returnmfg_c) field is check, then I want to require the entry of a Return Authorization number in the additional custom field provided (Field: RMA; API name: RMA_c).  Also, when the Received back from Manufacturer field is checked, then I want to require a date entered into the custom field provided.

I've already created the fields.

Thank you!