• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Can anyone help me creating a search page which has more than 4 search fields? 

Thanks,
Anusha
  • August 08, 2008
How can I move data using VF or S-Control from one custom object to another custom object ?  I want to set up a condition or a button which when clicked would copy the field values from one custom object A into custom object B. I want a automated process which pre-populate fields which need not be re-entered.

Thanks,
Anusha

• August 04, 2008
Hi,
    I am creating a Search Page using VF. I have four input search fields and would like to display results in a table. I have created search pages before using only two input fields. It worked fine but I am not able to do the same with four search fields. Could anyone help me with this please ?  I am using if statements to get the results. Could anyone could tell me a better way of doing a search ?

Thanks
  • July 29, 2008
Hi,
      I am trying to implement some select queries in Visualforce page. I am trying implement search funtionality using two or more fields. I want to search by name or city (and also with both). But I am unable to get the result if one of the fields is blank.
searchTest page has the account name and city as the input fields.

And the searchtest2 page has the display in a data table.

The code is :

public class accountController {

private String nameString;
   private String cityString;
   public void setNameString(String val1) {
    nameString = val1!=NULL?val1:NULL;
    }
    public String getNameString() {
    return nameString;
    }
    public void setCityString(String val2) {
    cityString = val2 != NULL ?val2:NULL;
    }
    public String getCityString() {
    return cityString;
    }
   public List<Account> getAccounts() {
    if ( nameString!=NULL&&cityString!=NULL )
    return [SELECT name,BillingStreet,BillingCity,BillingState,BillingPostalcode,Phone FROM Account WHERE Account.Name LIKE :nameString AND Account.BillingCity LIKE :cityString ORDER BY LastModifiedDate LIMIT 120];

else if ( nameString == NULL  )
    return [SELECT name,BillingCity FROM Account WHERE Account.BillingCity LIKE :cityString ORDER BY LastModifiedDate LIMIT 120];

else if ( nameString != NULL&&cityString == NULL )
    return [SELECT name,BillingCity FROM Account WHERE Account.Name LIKE :nameString ORDER BY LastModifiedDate LIMIT 120];

else
    return null;

}
    public PageReference searchAccount() {

return Page.searchTest2;

Please help. Thank you
  • July 23, 2008
How can I move data using VF or S-Control from one custom object to another custom object ?  I want to set up a condition or a button which when clicked would copy the field values from one custom object A into custom object B. I want a automated process which pre-populate fields which need not be re-entered.

Thanks,
Anusha

• August 04, 2008
Hi,
    I am creating a Search Page using VF. I have four input search fields and would like to display results in a table. I have created search pages before using only two input fields. It worked fine but I am not able to do the same with four search fields. Could anyone help me with this please ?  I am using if statements to get the results. Could anyone could tell me a better way of doing a search ?

Thanks
  • July 29, 2008
Hi,
      I am trying to implement some select queries in Visualforce page. I am trying implement search funtionality using two or more fields. I want to search by name or city (and also with both). But I am unable to get the result if one of the fields is blank.
searchTest page has the account name and city as the input fields.

And the searchtest2 page has the display in a data table.

The code is :

public class accountController {

private String nameString;
   private String cityString;
   public void setNameString(String val1) {
    nameString = val1!=NULL?val1:NULL;
    }
    public String getNameString() {
    return nameString;
    }
    public void setCityString(String val2) {
    cityString = val2 != NULL ?val2:NULL;
    }
    public String getCityString() {
    return cityString;
    }
   public List<Account> getAccounts() {
    if ( nameString!=NULL&&cityString!=NULL )
    return [SELECT name,BillingStreet,BillingCity,BillingState,BillingPostalcode,Phone FROM Account WHERE Account.Name LIKE :nameString AND Account.BillingCity LIKE :cityString ORDER BY LastModifiedDate LIMIT 120];

else if ( nameString == NULL  )
    return [SELECT name,BillingCity FROM Account WHERE Account.BillingCity LIKE :cityString ORDER BY LastModifiedDate LIMIT 120];

else if ( nameString != NULL&&cityString == NULL )
    return [SELECT name,BillingCity FROM Account WHERE Account.Name LIKE :nameString ORDER BY LastModifiedDate LIMIT 120];

else
    return null;

}
    public PageReference searchAccount() {

return Page.searchTest2;

Please help. Thank you
  • July 23, 2008
Hi

I come across following exception while trying to insert a record in a custom object.
DML currently Not allowed.

I want to just confirm it, whether DML is allowed or not in VisualForce pages controllers ?

Thanks.

I am looking at making 2 customizations to the Opportunity Product

1. Involves creating a custom page like the one shown in the Pic 1 attached
Is it possible to turn the Product field to a picklist instead of the label for the name of the product?
The reason for doing this is cutting down the number of steps to configure the Opportunity Product from an Opportunity.
Is creating a Visualforce page the way to go for this ? Can you suggest how to achieve dropdown capability for the Product name?

2. Would like to create a Clone button under the Opportunity Product section on the Opportunity page.
Clicking on the Clone button should take the user to the custom page described above.

Thanks

PIC1

PIC2

Message Edited by nimbuscloud on 07-04-2008 12:10 AM

Message Edited by nimbuscloud on 07-08-2008 10:02 AM
Hi can anyone give me suggestion as to how to display a calendar input filed in salesforce.
Without referrinfg to any object.

Can I prevent deletion of an account that comes through our ERP but allow prospects to get deleted...  ?
I know i can override the button but i not very familiar with S-Controls.

I can distinguish between them though the prospect flag but dont know how to alert saying you cannot delete a account which is not propsect and there by make my trigger to work such that it avoids the deletion

Thanks in advance.
  • February 08, 2008