• 49 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to follow the tutorial Force.com for ASP.NET Developers posten on the WIki at: http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Force.com_for_ASP.NET_Developers. I get stuck in trying to create the first VisualForce page, and I suspect there's a preceding step missing that I have not done.

When I enter the code, I am supposed to get challenged 3 times to createan Apex class and 2 Apex methods. I never get this message: Create Apex method 'leadLookupController1.getSearchString' -- instead I get a message Error: Unknown property 'searchString'.

<apex:page controller="leadLookupController">
<apex:form>
<apex:pageBlock title="Lead Search">
<apex:outputLabel value="Email" />:
<apex:inputText value="{!searchString}" />
<apex:facet name="footer">
<apex:outputPanel>
<apex:commandButton action="{!step2}" value="Search" />
</apex:outputPanel>
</apex:facet>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

Thanks in advance for your assistence.

I am trying to use the PHP Toolkit using the sample code provided here: http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Getting_Started_with_the_Force.com_Toolkit_for_PHP 

I am able to successfully connect and extract Lead information from my org, but then after a period of inactivity I get the exceptions below. 

In my Session Settings I have "Lock sessions to the IP address from which they originated" checked but that hasn't made a difference. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction? 

EXCEPTION MESSAGES:

Exception INVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session. Session not found, missing session key: 00D500000006vB7!ARUAQFpriXMy7oaddw5052bEBuR5vtbCftB30aJvnhrZ3KctG7uCHtUV2QqV7qfUcCPeknpo6gskc4IgWUXlYW2iVat8Stvg

Last Request:

POST /services/Soap/c/29.0/00D500000006vB7/0DF50000000TRCW HTTP/1.1 Host: na3.salesforce.com Connection: Keep-Alive User-Agent: salesforce-toolkit-php/27.0 Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 SOAPAction: "" Content-Length: 774

00D500000006vB7!ARUAQFpriXMy7oaddw5052bEBuR5vtbCftB30aJvnhrZ3KctG7uCHtUV2QqV7qfUcCPeknpo6gskc4IgWUXlYW2iVat8StvgSELECT *******, ********, ********** from Lead WHERE Account__c IN (SELECT Id FROM Account WHERE ******** = '******') AND ************* = false LIMIT 20

Last Response:

HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 18:04:34 GMT Content-Type: text/xml;charset=UTF-8 Content-Length: 1011

sf:INVALID_SESSION_IDINVALID_SESSION_ID: Invalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session. Session not found, missing session key: 00D500000006vB7!ARUAQFpriXMy7oaddw5052bEBuR5vtbCftB30aJvnhrZ3KctG7uCHtUV2QqV7qfUcCPeknpo6gskc4IgWUXlYW2iVat8StvgINVALID_SESSION_IDInvalid Session ID found in SessionHeader: Illegal Session. Session not found, missing session key: 00D500000006vB7!ARUAQFpriXMy7oaddw5052bEBuR5vtbCftB30aJvnhrZ3KctG7uCHtUV2QqV7qfUcCPeknpo6gskc4IgWUXlYW2iVat8Stvg

I have been provided a spreadsheet that has a list of accounts without the corresponding Salesforce account record ID. What are my options for getting the IDs into the spreadsheet next to the appropriate account name? I need to do this to run some updates through the Apex Data Loader.

I need to have a date of a Next Activity task in an Opportunity report. I can show the Last Activity without a problem but I don't see any obvious way to get Next Activity. Is there some way that I can create a Next Activity field? Would I need to use workflow or an Apex trigger?

Is there any way to rename a standard field? For example if I wanted to give the Activity Task field "Subject" a different name. Previous forum question seem to talk about changing the tab names via "Tab Names and Labels" but that's not what I'm looking for.

Is there any possible way I can create a Text Area (Long) field type for an Activity Task? I don't see any option for this when creating a custom field. I need it badly.

There seems to be a lot of random limitations when working with Activity Tasks and Events which is very frustrating. 

It doesn't seem like there is any way to edit the name of an Opportunity Stage once it is created. Am I missing something? Is there a way to do it?

I'm creating some reports based on Campaigns but the option to add a date filter is not there like it is when you report on most other objects. What am I missing here? If I want a report based on all campaigns that took place in 2010 and 2011, how would I do this?

I am trying to get my company to switch from Unlimited to Enterprise Edition. They are thinking of moving off of Salesforce altogether and I'm hoping if I can get the costs lower they will change their mind. Has anyone done this type of downgrade? Is it hard and are there complications or is it just as simple as flipping a switch?

I know you can use ISCHANGED() to see if 1 or more fields have changed as workflow rule criteria, but what if I want to run my workflow rule when any field is changed in an Opportunity Record? I would want to check if there was any change made to the entire record. Is there a way to check for that?

I am trying to create a report that will allow me to produce a chart with vertical bars that have 2 vertical columns together for each grouping. The report would be based on Activities. One column would be for number of actual Meetings and the other would be for the Meetings quota. According to the Salesforce Winter 10 release notes, this can be done using Combination Charts. It says "You can also combine certain chart types to present data in different ways in a single chart. For example, add quota to closed business, add quantity to closed amount, add lead count to campaign cost."
I have no problem getting vertical bars that show one column with actual Meetings but I'm having trouble figuring out how to add the second column next to it for Meetings quota. 

I temporarily deactivated an Approval Process because I need to remove some of the Approval Steps. I still don't see any options for removing them. I see remove links for Initial Submission Actions, Final Approval Actions , Final Rejection Actions but not in the Approval Steps section. What gives?

Is there any way to do a 4 column Dashboard layout (instead of 3) and if so can someone point me in the right direction on how to do it?  

Why can't I edit an Opportunity Stage Name after I've created it? I can edit all of the other Stage properties (Type, Probability, etc) but not Stage Name.

I just recently upgraded to the new version of the Hoover's app for Salesforce and now all of my custom links don't work. I understand why the links don't work - because of the new Hoover's website structure. What I'd like to know is if anyone got custom links working using the new URL.

Old URL example

New URL

I am trying to create a formula field with a Case statement that has 2 other number fields added together for it's parameter. It looks like this:

CASE ((Custom_Number Field_1__c +  Custom_Number Field_2__c), >=100, "Value is Greater than 100", >=50, "Value is Greater than 50",  >=1, "Value is Greater than 1")

I keep trying to alter the syntax slightly, but no matter what I get one of 2 error messages:

Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function 'CASE()'. Expected 6, received 7

or

Error: Syntax error. Found '>='

What am I doing wrong? Is it even possible to do a Case statement like this or do I have to switch to an IF?

Is there a way to change a field type based on it's value? I have a roll-up field that sums Opportunity Quantities but if no Opportunity Products have been entered and therefore the sum is 0 my client would like the field to temporarily be a number field where they can manually enter numbers.

I am trying to make a Roll-Up field under the Accounts tab that sum a Opportunity Products field, but I only see an option for Opportunity fields. An example of what I'd like to is show a Roll-Up field that shows the total number of widgets sold (Opportunity Products - Quantity ) that fall under a certain catergory ( Opportunity Products - Opportunity Product Category (custom field)). How can I do this?

I deleted 2 roll-ups fields under the Accounts object because I was at my limit of 10 and I needed to repurpose them (I'm doing this in my Sandbox if it matters). It's been about 24 hours but when I try to add new roll-ups under Accounts I am still getting the message: 

Custom Roll-up Summary Field Limit Exceeded
Unable to create custom roll-up summary field because it exceeds the maximum allowed: 10. 
Does anyone know how long it takes to recover roll-up fields once deleted? I made sure to empty my Recycle Bin in case they were in there an it was affecting things.

Is it possible to create a picklist under Accounts whose values come dynamically from another Account field? The field I would pull from would be the Account Record Type although I would need to use use a formula to filter out some values.

I am trying to create a trigger that sends an Email Alert (or just an email though Apex code) to the original Idea poster whenever a comment is left for their idea. In looking through the Apex documentation, I noticed it says you can only define triggers for top-level standard objects, but not for standard child objects. When I try to do something like this:

trigger commentEmail on IdeaComment (after insert) {
// send email code here
}

I get "Error: Compile Error: SObject type does not allow triggers: IdeaComment at line 1 column 25". Can anyone point in the right direction to get around this? 

Is there any way to rename a standard field? For example if I wanted to give the Activity Task field "Subject" a different name. Previous forum question seem to talk about changing the tab names via "Tab Names and Labels" but that's not what I'm looking for.

It doesn't seem like there is any way to edit the name of an Opportunity Stage once it is created. Am I missing something? Is there a way to do it?

I am trying to create a report that will allow me to produce a chart with vertical bars that have 2 vertical columns together for each grouping. The report would be based on Activities. One column would be for number of actual Meetings and the other would be for the Meetings quota. According to the Salesforce Winter 10 release notes, this can be done using Combination Charts. It says "You can also combine certain chart types to present data in different ways in a single chart. For example, add quota to closed business, add quantity to closed amount, add lead count to campaign cost."
I have no problem getting vertical bars that show one column with actual Meetings but I'm having trouble figuring out how to add the second column next to it for Meetings quota. 

I temporarily deactivated an Approval Process because I need to remove some of the Approval Steps. I still don't see any options for removing them. I see remove links for Initial Submission Actions, Final Approval Actions , Final Rejection Actions but not in the Approval Steps section. What gives?

Is there any way to do a 4 column Dashboard layout (instead of 3) and if so can someone point me in the right direction on how to do it?  

Why can't I edit an Opportunity Stage Name after I've created it? I can edit all of the other Stage properties (Type, Probability, etc) but not Stage Name.

I am trying to create a formula field with a Case statement that has 2 other number fields added together for it's parameter. It looks like this:

CASE ((Custom_Number Field_1__c +  Custom_Number Field_2__c), >=100, "Value is Greater than 100", >=50, "Value is Greater than 50",  >=1, "Value is Greater than 1")

I keep trying to alter the syntax slightly, but no matter what I get one of 2 error messages:

Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function 'CASE()'. Expected 6, received 7

or

Error: Syntax error. Found '>='

What am I doing wrong? Is it even possible to do a Case statement like this or do I have to switch to an IF?

Is there a way to change a field type based on it's value? I have a roll-up field that sums Opportunity Quantities but if no Opportunity Products have been entered and therefore the sum is 0 my client would like the field to temporarily be a number field where they can manually enter numbers.

I am trying to make a Roll-Up field under the Accounts tab that sum a Opportunity Products field, but I only see an option for Opportunity fields. An example of what I'd like to is show a Roll-Up field that shows the total number of widgets sold (Opportunity Products - Quantity ) that fall under a certain catergory ( Opportunity Products - Opportunity Product Category (custom field)). How can I do this?

I deleted 2 roll-ups fields under the Accounts object because I was at my limit of 10 and I needed to repurpose them (I'm doing this in my Sandbox if it matters). It's been about 24 hours but when I try to add new roll-ups under Accounts I am still getting the message: 

Custom Roll-up Summary Field Limit Exceeded
Unable to create custom roll-up summary field because it exceeds the maximum allowed: 10. 
Does anyone know how long it takes to recover roll-up fields once deleted? I made sure to empty my Recycle Bin in case they were in there an it was affecting things.

I am trying to trigger a workflow when I create a Campaign Member. In the Salesforce help files, it says that this can be done whenever a new lead is created from your website using the web to lead. I am not creating leads and campaign members through web to lead though, I am doing it through .NET and the Force API. Can anyone recommend a good approach for triggering a workflow off a Campaign Member in my scenario?

I am trying to follow the tutorial Force.com for ASP.NET Developers posten on the WIki at: http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Force.com_for_ASP.NET_Developers. I get stuck in trying to create the first VisualForce page, and I suspect there's a preceding step missing that I have not done.

When I enter the code, I am supposed to get challenged 3 times to createan Apex class and 2 Apex methods. I never get this message: Create Apex method 'leadLookupController1.getSearchString' -- instead I get a message Error: Unknown property 'searchString'.

<apex:page controller="leadLookupController">
<apex:form>
<apex:pageBlock title="Lead Search">
<apex:outputLabel value="Email" />:
<apex:inputText value="{!searchString}" />
<apex:facet name="footer">
<apex:outputPanel>
<apex:commandButton action="{!step2}" value="Search" />
</apex:outputPanel>
</apex:facet>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

Thanks in advance for your assistence.

Is there a way to use Custom Labels in a Custom Object?