• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Is there a way via the API to generate the URL used to convert a lead? For instance, I know this URL looks like (for my account):

https://na5.salesforce.com/lead/leadconvert.jsp?retURL=%2F00Q7000000JNTGS&id=00Q7000000JNTGS

Secondly, can this page be loaded with just the convert lead UI, and not with the standard Salesforce tabs? Ideally it will be launched in popup from my application.
  • January 15, 2009
If possible, I would like to do the following but was unable to determine how to do so after reading the API documentation:

- Obtain list of views for an object type (ie Lead).
- Given a view, obtain the list of objects that belong to it.

It is my impression so far that this can only be done through salesforce.com and not through the APIs, but it would be useful to have confirmation of this.

Thank you!
  • January 08, 2009
I have a custom button/link that I added to the default Opportunity page layout. Unfortunately, I have not been able to export the page layout in a page. Is there a way to do this that I'm missing or is it not allowable?
  • December 18, 2008
HI,

I have a custom web tab that I added to the Sales profile. Is there a way to include this in a package so that users who install it will also automatically have it included as a part of the Sales application tabs? Or is this something they will be required to do on their own?

Thank you.
  • December 18, 2008
I am wondering if there is a way to get the 18-digit UI for an object via merge fields instead of the truncated 15-digit one.

For example, the {!Opportunity.Id} merge field might return 005700000014T5L, but if I access the same object via the APIs then it will be returned as 005700000014T5LAAU. I would like the full Id if possible.

• December 17, 2008
I a custom tab which loads a custom s-control which is no more than a link to a webapp I am writing.

How would I go about creating a custom link on an object page which opens this tab and passes to it the ID of the object that contained the custom link?

Thank you in advance!
  • December 15, 2008
Hello,

I have an application I would like to run inside of a custom tab inside Salesforce. I would like to use single sign-on so that if a user logs into Salesforce and navigates to this tab they will be logged into my application. All the documentation I have found so far is driven towards logging into Salesforce once the user logs into my application, but I would like the reverse of this.

Any help in guiding me to the appropriate documentation is much appreciated.

Thanks!
  • December 09, 2008
Hello,

I need to generate a link to an opportunity and was wondering if there's a way to do this through the API? I can do it now by just outputting a string like https://na4.salesforce.com/<record ID> but that seems like a bad solution.

• August 20, 2008
Is there a way via the API to generate the URL used to convert a lead? For instance, I know this URL looks like (for my account):

https://na5.salesforce.com/lead/leadconvert.jsp?retURL=%2F00Q7000000JNTGS&id=00Q7000000JNTGS

Secondly, can this page be loaded with just the convert lead UI, and not with the standard Salesforce tabs? Ideally it will be launched in popup from my application.
  • January 15, 2009
If possible, I would like to do the following but was unable to determine how to do so after reading the API documentation:

- Obtain list of views for an object type (ie Lead).
- Given a view, obtain the list of objects that belong to it.

It is my impression so far that this can only be done through salesforce.com and not through the APIs, but it would be useful to have confirmation of this.

Thank you!
  • January 08, 2009
I have a custom button/link that I added to the default Opportunity page layout. Unfortunately, I have not been able to export the page layout in a page. Is there a way to do this that I'm missing or is it not allowable?
  • December 18, 2008
I a custom tab which loads a custom s-control which is no more than a link to a webapp I am writing.

How would I go about creating a custom link on an object page which opens this tab and passes to it the ID of the object that contained the custom link?

Thank you in advance!
  • December 15, 2008
Hello,

I have an application I would like to run inside of a custom tab inside Salesforce. I would like to use single sign-on so that if a user logs into Salesforce and navigates to this tab they will be logged into my application. All the documentation I have found so far is driven towards logging into Salesforce once the user logs into my application, but I would like the reverse of this.

Any help in guiding me to the appropriate documentation is much appreciated.

Thanks!
  • December 09, 2008
Hello,

I need to generate a link to an opportunity and was wondering if there's a way to do this through the API? I can do it now by just outputting a string like https://na4.salesforce.com/<record ID> but that seems like a bad solution.

• August 20, 2008