• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I created a tabpanel to display a multiselect list in one tab, and a related list in another tab. Unfortunately,
  • When tabpanel's switchtype is set to "client": multiselect lists are rendered too narrow to be visible, but the retURLs on the related list work properly
  • When tabpanel's switchtype is set to "server" or "ajax": multiselect lists are rendered fine, but the retURLs on the related list do not work properly (when I click the "edit" or "delete" button on a related list item, I am able to edit or delete that item, but once it saves it does not return to the original record).
Can anyone suggest a workaround that will still allow me to use tabpanel?

• September 17, 2008
I created a tabpanel to display a multiselect list in one tab, and a related list in another tab. Unfortunately,
  • When tabpanel's switchtype is set to "client": multiselect lists are rendered too narrow to be visible, but the retURLs on the related list work properly
  • When tabpanel's switchtype is set to "server" or "ajax": multiselect lists are rendered fine, but the retURLs on the related list do not work properly (when I click the "edit" or "delete" button on a related list item, I am able to edit or delete that item, but once it saves it does not return to the original record).
Can anyone suggest a workaround that will still allow me to use tabpanel?

• September 17, 2008
I've created some visual force pages using this example

http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Visualforce_DynamicEditPage

I've been able to create the example and some other pages successfully and replacing the input field from the drop down menu to check boxes which isn't too hard. I am now trying to create a page and trying to do this with a Multi-Select Picklist and it is not quite working. Any help is greatly appreciated.

This is what I have so far.

Contact_Type__c is the multi-select picklist

Code:
<apex:page standardController="Contact" tabStyle="Contact" >
<apex:form >
    <apex:sectionheader title="Create New Contact"> 
        <apex:actionregion >   
        <apex:pageBlock title="Contact Information" id="thePageBlock" mode="edit">

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Basic Information" columns="1">
                <apex:inputfield value="{!contact.firstName}" />
                <apex:inputfield value="{!contact.lastName}" />
                <apex:inputfield value="{!contact.MailingStreet}" />
                <apex:inputfield value="{!contact.MailingCity}" />
                <apex:inputfield value="{!contact.MailingState}" />
                <apex:inputfield value="{!contact.MailingCountry}" />
                <apex:inputfield value="{!contact.MailingPostalcode}" />
                <apex:inputfield value="{!contact.Phone}" />
                <apex:inputfield value="{!contact.MobilePhone}" />
                <apex:inputfield value="{!contact.Fax}" />
                <apex:inputfield value="{!contact.Email}" />

<apex:pageBlockSectionItem>                        
                        <apex:outputLabel value="Contact Type"/>                        
                        <apex:outputPanel >                            
                            <apex:inputfield value="{!contact.Contact_Type__c}">                                
                                <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="thePageBlock"status="status1"/>                            
                            </apex:inputfield>                           
                            <apex:actionStatus startText="applying value..." id="status1"/>                        
                        </apex:outputPanel>                    
                </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> 

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Volunteer" Columns="1" rendered="{!contact.Contact_Type__c = 'Volunteer'}">
                    <apex:inputfield value="{!contact.Volunteer_Certifications__c}" />
                </apex:pageBlockSection>

</apex:pageBlockSection>

</apex:pageBlock>           
        </apex:actionregion>
    </apex:sectionheader>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>