• 150 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am currently in the Eastern time zone of the United States.

My current time is 9:50 a.m.

When I use the NOW() funtion it shows the correct date but not the correct time. It shows 13:50 (1:50 p.m.).

I checked the Company default Time Zone and it says

(GMT-4:00) Easter Daylight Time (America/New_York).

Why is it off?

Thank you in advnace.

• April 26, 2012
Hi, I'm wondering if this example would work:

If I have a process builder action, based on an object called 'Submission"

This Process Builder action updates a picklist field on its parent record (Account) 

Now On Account I have a series of Workflow based on that same field, and want to know will they trigger if the change of picklist field is done by a process builder action and not manually?

Thank you in advance
  • October 03, 2017
Hi,

I'm having issues with some PB and wondering if doing something wrong.

When building a Scheduled Action in pb, it gives 2 options. 1- x Days after "Date Field", or 2- X Days from now

What does Now represents?

Is ti the equivalent of workflow "X Days after rule trigger date"?

Or Now = moment i created PB?

Or something else?

Looked everywhere and nowhere seems to explain this clearly

Thx
  • August 17, 2017
Hi,

I'm trying to find a way to insert the ID of the template in a custom email template.

Would anyone know how i could do it using Merge Fields (I would rather not have to hardcode the ID in each template)

Thx
Hi I have a formula field containing multiple Hyperlinks(12 to be exact), and it seems I hit some kind of limit or bug

This formula field  was working fine, until i just added 2 new hyperlinks (last 2 lines). Now instead of those last 2 hyperlinks i see an HL_ENCODED... text 

By removing any 2 links and saving the formula it works... Is there some kind of limit on how many hyperlinks I can show in the same field?

It seems to me it cannot display more than 10 hyperlinks in the same formual field...

Does anyone have any idea of why this is happening and how to fix it? (without splitting the hyperlynks in 2 different fields...)

Thank you in advance,
  • September 16, 2015
Hi,

I have a field which contains Social Security # and in the US it's formated this way: EX: 123-45-7890

Now i need to create a formula field to show only the numbers from that field without any other character like "-"

So result should be ;EX: 123457890

Can anyone pls help me with the syntax?

Thank you in advance
  • September 03, 2015
Hi ,

I have a formula that connects multiple strings if conditions are met. I need to have a comma separating each string, but want to make sure it does not end with a comma (,)

Here's my formula

If(OR(NOT(ISBLANK( Signatures_Initials_missing_on_page__c )),NOT(ISBLANK( Missing_Pages__c )),NOT(ISBLANK( Document_Expired_on__c )),NOT(ISBLANK( Other_issues__c )), NOT(ISBLANK( Unclear1__c ))),"Please resend, the item received is", Null) +
If(  Is_Item_Not_Clear__c =true," not clear -" & Unclear1__c & " - ",null) +
If( NOT(ISBLANK( Missing_Pages__c)) ," missing the following  page(s): " & Missing_Pages__c & ",  " ,null) +
If( NOT(ISBLANK(  Signatures_Initials_missing_on_page__c )) ,"  missing signature(s) and/or initials on the following page(s): " & Signatures_Initials_missing_on_page__c & ", ",null) +
If( NOT(ISBLANK(   Document_Expired_on__c  )) ," expired since: " & (TEXT(MONTH( Document_Expired_on__c ))& "/" & TEXT(DAY(Document_Expired_on__c))& "/" & TEXT(YEAR(Document_Expired_on__c)))& ", " ,null)+
If( NOT(ISBLANK(    Other_issues__c  )) , Other_issues__c & ", " ,null)

Is there any way to add to it that if last character contain a comma, to remove it (substitute with blank?)

Thank you in advance :)

• August 04, 2015
Hi i'm trying to create a validation that only allows to save text field that contains Numbers [0-9] and Commas [,] any other characters or letter should fail to validate.

I would appreciate if anyone can help , as I was not able to figure it out

Thank you in advance
Hi,

I would need to be able to calculate via formula the previous 12 months from a date.

So example date is 4/1/2015

I would need 12 formula fields each being one of the 12 previous months. So formula would return those values using example above

1. 3/1/2015
2. 2/1/2015
3. 1/1/2015
4. 12/1/2014
5. 11/1/2014

Previous month is simple, but i'm hitting difficulties when previous month is also in previous year (month before january 2015)

If maybe someone could help be built a Generic formula that could accomplish that i would appreciate 

P.S my date field will always be 1st of the month, so formula technicall does not need any special calcualtion for the "day"

Hi ,

I have 4 fields containg text values of time it took to complete an application

Form_Completion_Time_Application_Form_P1__c
Form_Completion_Time_Application_Form_P2__c
Form_Completion_Time_Application_Form_P3__c
Form_Completion_Time_Application_Form_P4__c

and the data these fields return are "Consistant enough". Here are all possible  Scenarios
3 min. 41 sec.
13 min. 31 sec
12 min. 1 sec
1 min. 9 sec.
28 sec.
9 sec.

I would like to be able to add up all of those 4 fields to get a total, and not sure how to go about it. I tried many things, Substitute formula being the closest I got to it, but still not good enough

The total could either be in total seconds, mm:ss or whatever idea any of you can help me with 

• April 09, 2015
Hi I have a simple case formula to group different formula fields depending on Record type.

In some case it returns the data properly and in other cases it does not even tho those 2 records meet same criterias.

Looking at those fields indivudually, none of them result in an error , only when grouped using case formula do i get error.

Here's my formula:
CASE(RecordType.Name, 
"M.C.A Layout", 
"Eff. MCA Balance" & ": $" & Text (ROUND(  Effective_Anticipated_Balance_MCA__c  ,2))& BR() & 
"Eff. Date Client will have paid 60% :" & Text (  Effective_Ant_Callback_Date_60_MCA__c  ), 
"Daily ACH Layout", 
"Eff. Daily Balance " &": $" & Text (ROUND(  Effective_Anticipated_Balance_Daily__c ,2))& BR() & 
"Eff. Date Client will have paid 60% :" & Text (  Effective_Ant_Callback_Date_60_Daily__c ),
"None")

If I remove  the case formula , saving field with just 1 group or the other , results show up fine.

Example: "Eff. MCA Balance" & ": $" & Text (ROUND(  Effective_Anticipated_Balance_MCA__c  ,2))& BR() & 
"Eff. Date Client will have paid 60% :" & Text (  Effective_Ant_Callback_Date_60_MCA__c  )  RETURNS PROPER RESULT WHEN SAVED

Example 2: "Eff. Daily Balance " &": $" & Text (ROUND(  Effective_Anticipated_Balance_Daily__c ,2))& BR() & 
"Eff. Date Client will have paid 60% :" & Text (  Effective_Ant_Callback_Date_60_Daily__c ) RETURNS PROPER RESULT WHEN SAVED

But together using both in a case formula fails.... I'm lost

Please help

Thank you in advance
  • March 26, 2015
Hi,

I'm trying to create a validation to be able to compare about 35 email fields (from same record) to see if any have duplicate data.

Basically if example email1 and email 7 have same email address validation should prevent me from saving until it is fixed

I'm at a lost on where to start :(  If anyone could help, I would appreciate it

Thank you in advance
  • January 20, 2015
Hi,

As title mentions, I would like to know if there is any way to be able to Insert Merge fields in title on a VF email template?

I would like to merge the business name from the account which template will be generated on.

Thank you in advance
  • October 23, 2014
Hi I have 2 URL fields I would like to hyperlynk only when they are populated (have data in it)
This is the formula I manage to write but the issue I'm having is that if :"Document_s_Link__C is blank , even if the 2nd URL (Link_document_received__C) has data it will not appear.

IF(ISBLANK(Document_s_Link__c)," ",
"Sent: " & HYPERLINK( Document_s_Link__c  , "Click Here")& BR(),
IF(ISBLANK(  Link_Document_Received__c  )," ",
"Rcvd: "& HYPERLINK(Link_Document_Received__c , "Click Here")))

Please help me fix this formula, to only show : Click here for those related fields that are not = blank. My logic tells me i need to insert a "OR" between both rules, but no idea how to syntax that properly.

Thank you in advance
  • August 19, 2014
As title says i would like to know if possible to create a Vf email template in which i can hide fields conditionnally using Jquery or anything else?

Any advice would be appreciated

thx
Hi i'm trying to write this validation and seems i cannot get syntax properly:

If Email.Package or Fax.Package = today , Salutation cannot be blank

can someone please help me?

thx in advance :)

• April 09, 2014
Hi as title indicates i'm trying to make a condition that if 2 specific fields = blank or Null for a flag to appear.

Here is formula i've managed so far, but seems i have an error, as blank or not it returns green flag.

if(ISNULL(Account__r.Banking_Username__c + Account__r.Banking_Password__c  ) , IMAGE("/img/samples/flag_red.gif", "red"), IMAGE("/img/samples/flag_green.gif", "green"))

If someone could help me with Syntax I would greatly appreciate it

thx
  • March 06, 2014
Hi i would like to know if it's possible for a formula to calculate the # of days between 2 dates with a couple exceptions.

Example count days between Jan 1st 2013 - Dec 31st 2013 minus christmas day(dec 25) , new years (dec 31st).....

Any workaround/idea would be appreciated.

thx
  • March 03, 2014
Hi Would it be possible to create a formula that would count all business days between 2 dates and not to include weekends and Banking holidays
Weekend is pretty easy to calcualte but no idea how to approach banking holidays.

Here is the list of dates i want to exclude form count:

Wednesday, January 1 New Year’s Day
Monday, January 20 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Monday, February 17 Presidents’ Day
Monday, May 26 Memorial Day
Friday, July 4 Independence Day
Monday, September 1 Labor Day
Tuesday, November 11 Veterans’ Day
Thursday, November 27 Thanksgiving Day
Thursday, December 25 Christmas Day

i would appreciate any help

• February 28, 2014

Hi I'm trying to have a condition that if user is one of those 3 profiles and date/time on Notify renewal field is older than present, to not let save

here's what i have so far

AND Notify_Renewal__c < (Now(),
OR($Profile.Name = "System Administrator, $Profile.Name = Sales Support"$Profile.Name = System Administrator-adam"))

it seems I messed up somewhere with syntax as it's not working for me atm

thx in advance

• December 04, 2013

Hi trying to make a validation rule with those criterias:

-If Estimated value = null

and Status picklist value =faxed

and date fax sent is greater than 11/1/2013

here's what i wrote so far, but i seem to have an error somewhere as when i try to save a lead with the first 2 criterias but date fax sent older than 11/1/2013 i still get validated and cannot save lead.

formula:

AND(
NOT($Profile.Name = "System Administrator"),
ISNULL( Estimated_Value__c ),
ISPICKVAL( Status, "Faxed"),
Date_Fax_Sent__c > date(11,1,2013 ))

If someone could help me out I would appreciate

thx in advance

• November 25, 2013
Hello Developers!

I have one of object which has thousands of records with all of them having a Zip Codes (Mostly US). Now, how do I create a formulas to populate Country, City, State, and County.

I have found one excel file online which has all of the US states, Zip, county, City infomation.

I know this is goes somewhere around creating a Custom Setting in salesforce and import all the data from excel file but I am wondering how to go about it?

Should I create a LIST setting type or Hierarchy setting type? Which one suits best in my case?

Thank you for your help!
Hi I have a formula field containing multiple Hyperlinks(12 to be exact), and it seems I hit some kind of limit or bug

This formula field  was working fine, until i just added 2 new hyperlinks (last 2 lines). Now instead of those last 2 hyperlinks i see an HL_ENCODED... text 

By removing any 2 links and saving the formula it works... Is there some kind of limit on how many hyperlinks I can show in the same field?

It seems to me it cannot display more than 10 hyperlinks in the same formual field...

Does anyone have any idea of why this is happening and how to fix it? (without splitting the hyperlynks in 2 different fields...)

Thank you in advance,
  • September 16, 2015
Hi,

I have a field which contains Social Security # and in the US it's formated this way: EX: 123-45-7890

Now i need to create a formula field to show only the numbers from that field without any other character like "-"

So result should be ;EX: 123457890

Can anyone pls help me with the syntax?

Thank you in advance
  • September 03, 2015
Hi ,

I have a formula that connects multiple strings if conditions are met. I need to have a comma separating each string, but want to make sure it does not end with a comma (,)

Here's my formula

If(OR(NOT(ISBLANK( Signatures_Initials_missing_on_page__c )),NOT(ISBLANK( Missing_Pages__c )),NOT(ISBLANK( Document_Expired_on__c )),NOT(ISBLANK( Other_issues__c )), NOT(ISBLANK( Unclear1__c ))),"Please resend, the item received is", Null) +
If(  Is_Item_Not_Clear__c =true," not clear -" & Unclear1__c & " - ",null) +
If( NOT(ISBLANK( Missing_Pages__c)) ," missing the following  page(s): " & Missing_Pages__c & ",  " ,null) +
If( NOT(ISBLANK(  Signatures_Initials_missing_on_page__c )) ,"  missing signature(s) and/or initials on the following page(s): " & Signatures_Initials_missing_on_page__c & ", ",null) +
If( NOT(ISBLANK(   Document_Expired_on__c  )) ," expired since: " & (TEXT(MONTH( Document_Expired_on__c ))& "/" & TEXT(DAY(Document_Expired_on__c))& "/" & TEXT(YEAR(Document_Expired_on__c)))& ", " ,null)+
If( NOT(ISBLANK(    Other_issues__c  )) , Other_issues__c & ", " ,null)

Is there any way to add to it that if last character contain a comma, to remove it (substitute with blank?)

• August 04, 2015
Hi i'm trying to create a validation that only allows to save text field that contains Numbers [0-9] and Commas [,] any other characters or letter should fail to validate.

I would appreciate if anyone can help , as I was not able to figure it out

Thank you in advance
I have a twe date/time fields: Date1__c and Date2__c.

I need to calculate working days between two date/time field excluding weekends with fraction value.

Eg., Date1__c = '2015 - 07 - 08 13:00'
        Date2__c = '2015 - 07 - 10 15:00'
        difference: 2.08
I want to copy VALUE from a field A (Forumula Field) (total number) to FIELD B
FIELD A is a (Data TYe: Formula field) in custom object
FIELD B is a Custom text field in Standard object opportunity.
Hi,

I would need to be able to calculate via formula the previous 12 months from a date.

So example date is 4/1/2015

I would need 12 formula fields each being one of the 12 previous months. So formula would return those values using example above

1. 3/1/2015
2. 2/1/2015
3. 1/1/2015
4. 12/1/2014
5. 11/1/2014

Previous month is simple, but i'm hitting difficulties when previous month is also in previous year (month before january 2015)

If maybe someone could help be built a Generic formula that could accomplish that i would appreciate 

P.S my date field will always be 1st of the month, so formula technicall does not need any special calcualtion for the "day"

Hi ,

I have 4 fields containg text values of time it took to complete an application

Form_Completion_Time_Application_Form_P1__c
Form_Completion_Time_Application_Form_P2__c
Form_Completion_Time_Application_Form_P3__c
Form_Completion_Time_Application_Form_P4__c

and the data these fields return are "Consistant enough". Here are all possible  Scenarios
3 min. 41 sec.
13 min. 31 sec
12 min. 1 sec
1 min. 9 sec.
28 sec.
9 sec.

I would like to be able to add up all of those 4 fields to get a total, and not sure how to go about it. I tried many things, Substitute formula being the closest I got to it, but still not good enough

The total could either be in total seconds, mm:ss or whatever idea any of you can help me with 

• April 09, 2015
Hi,

I'm trying to create a validation to be able to compare about 35 email fields (from same record) to see if any have duplicate data.

Basically if example email1 and email 7 have same email address validation should prevent me from saving until it is fixed

I'm at a lost on where to start :(  If anyone could help, I would appreciate it

Thank you in advance
  • January 20, 2015
Hi I have 2 URL fields I would like to hyperlynk only when they are populated (have data in it)
This is the formula I manage to write but the issue I'm having is that if :"Document_s_Link__C is blank , even if the 2nd URL (Link_document_received__C) has data it will not appear.

IF(ISBLANK(Document_s_Link__c)," ",
"Sent: " & HYPERLINK( Document_s_Link__c  , "Click Here")& BR(),
IF(ISBLANK(  Link_Document_Received__c  )," ",
"Rcvd: "& HYPERLINK(Link_Document_Received__c , "Click Here")))

Please help me fix this formula, to only show : Click here for those related fields that are not = blank. My logic tells me i need to insert a "OR" between both rules, but no idea how to syntax that properly.

Thank you in advance
  • August 19, 2014
As title says i would like to know if possible to create a Vf email template in which i can hide fields conditionnally using Jquery or anything else?

Any advice would be appreciated

thx
Hi i'm trying to write this validation and seems i cannot get syntax properly:

If Email.Package or Fax.Package = today , Salutation cannot be blank

can someone please help me?

• April 09, 2014
Hi as title indicates i'm trying to make a condition that if 2 specific fields = blank or Null for a flag to appear.

Here is formula i've managed so far, but seems i have an error, as blank or not it returns green flag.

if(ISNULL(Account__r.Banking_Username__c + Account__r.Banking_Password__c  ) , IMAGE("/img/samples/flag_red.gif", "red"), IMAGE("/img/samples/flag_green.gif", "green"))

If someone could help me with Syntax I would greatly appreciate it

thx
  • March 06, 2014
Hello!

I'm trying to figure out how to update a Lead Custom Field (Task Synopsis) with text from the 'Comments' field  of a completed Task Activity (fields> type: Call, call result: contacted). 

I've developed a Workflow Action (updated each time lead is edited) to update the custom lead field, however I need to develop a formula that will pull text from the 'comments' field in the most recent task activity with a call result of 'contacted'. Make sense?

I'm somewhat new to this and appreciate any assistance.
Hi,

I have a formula field named Contract End Date and the value of this field should be calucated based on Contract Start Date and the Contract Duration. Contract Start Date is of type Date and Contract Duration is the number of months. Id I just add both the fields it considers Contract Duration as number of days instead of month. How do I achieve this?

Thanks
Jina