• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,
I am currently using the Web to lead feature from Salesforce such that once someone fills
out our form on our website, the fields in our leads are filled up and an automated e-mail 
goes to the client and a copy of the e-mail comes back to us. I am trying to include a mail 
merge option in this automated text e-mail such that a custom object text field under Leads
 called " questions for us" gets included in the e-mail. Final result should be that when
 the automated e-mail goes to the client and a copy to us it should include the text
 ( questions for us) the client had filled out online. I have tried using this formula
 {!Lead. Questions for us} but it does not seem to work. When I use {!Lead.Last Name} it
 works as Last Name is a standard field.. so my questions is what is the formula to include 
the custom field under leads so that I can use it in my automated text e-mail???

I appreciate any help possible.

Thanks!
Is there a way to use formulas in Email templates to handle conditional formatting?

For example, I'd like to use the formula UPPER( NAME HERE ) to cause the person's name to appear in all CAPS, even though it may appear as "Name Here" in the SFDC database. This is just one example.

Furthermore, there may be conditions upon which you do or do not want to show certain information in an email response. Using formulas would be helpful. I didn't see any documentation on this when search for "formulas in email templates" -- so I'm not sure if it's possible.

Thanks.