• 25 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm looking for a new way to calculate opportunity Amount field. My company doesn't just sell products. We also provide leases for those products and take payments on them. We calcualte out the lease through different fields and factors, then have workflows update the amount field with our leasing totals which works fine. The problem I'm running into is if we have an Opportunity where the client both purchases and leases different products. Our workflow doesn't update the amount field when products are associated with the opportunity.

I was looking for a way to override the amount field so our company could use the forecasting features of Salesforce. Is there any solutions to what I'm trying to do out there?

Any help would be great ... thanks!

Message Edited by jbroquist on 03-23-2009 09:24 AM
Message Edited by jbroquist on 03-23-2009 09:25 AM

Problem: Need to update the Amount field on Opportunity to use forecasting. 

Solution: Created a field update on the product (since product sales price trumps field updates on opportunities) to update a formula field found on the opportunity.

New Problem: When opportunity detail is modified (i.e. the formula value changes based on inputs from rep) the product field update isn't updated.  It's only updated when you modify the product.

This where I need help.  Is there a way to "save/modify" the product when the opportunity is saved? Is the solution I need to make the product update a Trigger?  If so, when I create this trigger, do I have to write a class as well?

All help/direction is appreciated!  If anyone has other suggestions, I'm open to trying them as well!

Thanks!

Problem: Need to update the Amount field on Opportunity to use forecasting. 

Solution: Created a field update on the product (since product sales price trumps field updates on opportunities) to update a formula field found on the opportunity.

New Problem: When opportunity detail is modified (i.e. the formula value changes based on inputs from rep) the product field update isn't updated.  It's only updated when you modify the product.

This where I need help.  Is there a way to "save/modify" the product when the opportunity is saved? Is the solution I need to make the product update a Trigger?  If so, when I create this trigger, do I have to write a class as well?

All help/direction is appreciated!  If anyone has other suggestions, I'm open to trying them as well!

Thanks!

We want to be able to create seperate totals for one time versus recurring revenue in Opportunities, Quotes etc. By default the Amount field will add products of both types together. What I'm looking for is a way to grab all one time revenue products and recurring revenue products then sum them seperately in custom fields.

Any ideas are appreciated.

hello

I am writing a Validation rule as -

AND(ISCHANGED( field_name ) =TRUE,
             OR(LastModifiedBy.Email!=abc@site.com',
                    LastModifiedBy.Email!='xyz@site.com'))

I want to make sure that the field can be modified by above 2 users only.

However, I don't get an Error message I have supplied in Validation Rule.

Please help.

Thanks

I'm looking for a new way to calculate opportunity Amount field. My company doesn't just sell products. We also provide leases for those products and take payments on them. We calcualte out the lease through different fields and factors, then have workflows update the amount field with our leasing totals which works fine. The problem I'm running into is if we have an Opportunity where the client both purchases and leases different products. Our workflow doesn't update the amount field when products are associated with the opportunity.

I was looking for a way to override the amount field so our company could use the forecasting features of Salesforce. Is there any solutions to what I'm trying to do out there?

Any help would be great ... thanks!

Message Edited by jbroquist on 03-23-2009 09:24 AM
Message Edited by jbroquist on 03-23-2009 09:25 AM