• 5 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm just trying to get a complete field list for an object.  What is the easiest way to do this?
Has anyone created code to reparent a Quote?  Quotes are in a master-detail relationship to opportunity.  We need the ability to move a quote from one opportunity to another.  I have confirmed this cannot be done declaratively.
I have several validation rules triggering on my opportunities.  Salesforce will pop up the error message on each one seperately.  So the user fills in the data on the first error, saves, then gets another error popup.  Has anyone found a way to to make this more efficient?  I would love for my validation to pop all errors at once and perhaps show them in more of a visualforce page pop vs. the standard popup that salesforce uses.  Any ideas?
  • September 24, 2019
I used the Pre-Chat code sample form provided here in the developer forums, but I would like to make my field inputs required.  Is this possible?
Here is my current code.  As you can see I have added required="True" to the attributes of each input, yet the form is still not requiring the data.

<!-- Detail inputs -->
        <div class="input-area">
            <input type="text" placeholder="First Name*" name="liveagent.prechat:leadFirstName" onchange="javascript: document.getElementById('prechat_field').value=this.value;" required="TRUE"/><br />
            <input type="text" placeholder="Last Name*" name="liveagent.prechat:leadLastName"  required="TRUE"/><br />
            <input type="text" placeholder="Company*" name="liveagent.prechat:leadCompany"  required="TRUE"/><br />
            <input type="text" placeholder="Email*" id="contactEmail" name="liveagent.prechat:leadEmail"  required="TRUE"/><br />
            <input type="text" placeholder="Phone" name="liveagent.prechat:leadPhone"/><br />
        </div>
I am trying to extract a file showing all of the user quotas for the current year.  I have tools like dbAMP and Demant Tools, but I can't find this table in the API.  I also tried pulling a salesforce report and can't seem to get to it.
I have a template in Japanese that pulls the username field from our user accounts.  All of our user accounts are in English so it is pulling the English form of the username.  Is there a way to keep this field reference but have it automatically translate?

Here is an exerpt of my template (field reference in bold):
お問い合わせありがとうございます。{!User_FirstName} と申します。 
本日のお問い合わせはどのようなものでしょうか?
I am trying to set the RecordType value of a new lead when created from a pre-chat form and I can't get it to work.  Here is the relavent code from my VF page.  The lead record is always created with record type id "01200000000019v" despite my efforts to set it to "012000000008QVd" in this code.

<!--hidden fields written to the new lead-->
            <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat:leadStatus" value="New Lead" />
            <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat:leadSource" value="Web Chat - QDC" />
            <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat:RecordType" value="012000000008QVd" />

<!-- Map the detail inputs to the Lead fields -->
            <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.map:Lead" value="FirstName,leadFirstName;LastName,leadLastName;Company,leadCompany;Email,leadEmail;Phone,leadPhone;Status;leadStatus;LeadSource,leadSource;RecordType,RecordType" />

<!-- If the Lead is not found, then create one with the following fields set -->
            <input type="hidden" id="optionA" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.map.doCreate:Lead" value="FirstName,true;LastName,true;Company,true;Email,true;Phone,true;Status;true;LeadSource,true;RecordType,true" />

I have a Pre-Chat Form built for Live Agent in English, but I need to replicate this form for all the other languages used in my org.  Is there an easy way to do this that doesn't involve manually replicating and translating the verbiage on the form itself? 
I have a field on my account object that is being updated through an integration data "push" on a nightly basis.  I want changes made to this field to be posted in the Chatter feed.  I have Feed Tracking turned on for this field and the integration user's profile is enabled for Chatter.  It works perfectly fine when I manually update the field, but nothing is getting posted when the data is updated through the nightly job.  Its as if a "save" action isn't being triggered on the record or something.  Any ideas?
I am building a customer facing VF page with several input fields (this is being used as a Pre-Chat form in Live Agent).  I need to run validation rules to ensure these fields are populated when the "begin" button is clicked.  How do I do this?  Adding required="true" to the input fields themselves doesn't do anything.

<!-- Detail inputs -->
First Name: <input type="text" name="liveagent.prechat:leadFirstName" onchange="javascript: document.getElementById('prechat_field').value=this.value;" required="true"/><br />
Last Name: <input type="text" name="liveagent.prechat:leadLastName"  required="true"/><br />
Company: <input type="text" name="liveagent.prechat:leadCompany"  required="true"/><br />
Email: <input type="text" id="contactEmail" name="liveagent.prechat:leadEmail" required="true"/><br />
Phone: <input type="text" name="liveagent.prechat:leadPhone"/><br />
<br/>

Button:
<input type="button" value="Begin Chat Session" id="prechat_submit" onclick="javascript: getRemoteContact();"/>
I have an Apex class I borrowed from the community, but I need help building a test class before I can deploy to production.  Can someone help me?  I plan on going through some tutorials, but I am in a time crunch to get this deployed.

Here is my Apex Class (it is short):

public class preChatRemoting_Con 
{
    public preChatRemoting_Con(ApexPages.StandardController controller) 
    {

}
    @RemoteAction
    public static contact getcontact(string contactemail)
    {
        Contact testContact=new Contact();
        testContact=[Select Id,Name from Contact where email=:contactemail limit 1];
        return testContact;
    }

}
  • September 28, 2017

I recently built a custom app for my church on my developer edition.  My church will be obtaining three free Enterprise licenses, and I am wondering if there is an easy way for me to package up what I built on my developer edition and move it into their org?.  

This is something we are probably going to expand and deploy out to other churches they have relationships with.  I don't think I want to package it up and "sell" it on the appexchange, but I need a way to deploy it efficiently.

Any advice?

I can't find this child relationship name.  How do I find it?  I tried looking at the WSDL and can't find it in there...

So I placed some fields on my VF page with a field set using:

<apex:repeat value="{!$ObjectType.Lead.FieldSets.QDR_Information}" var="f">
<apex:outputfield value="{!Lead[f]}">
</apex:outputfield>
</apex:repeat>

The only problem is that becuase I am using <apex:ouputfield>, the fields are not dynamically editable via double-click.  I want the same functionallity that we get with the standard UI.  Is that possible?

Here is my code.  I refresh using a valid recordID and it comes up completely blank...

<apex:page standardController="Lead">

<apex:outputText value="{!Lead[f]}" /><br/>

</apex:page>

Am I missing something?  Tutorials are very simple for this yet I can't get it to work...

I am building a very basic VF page and I can't get my related list to show up.  I get the following error message "Special Pricing Request is not a valid child relationship name for entity Opportunity".

I have verified that this is the Label for the child object.  I have also tried the API name, Plural Label, and Object Name.  I receive the same message no matter what I try.  I also tried using the "Child Relationship Name" from the master detail field (Special_Pricing_Requests1).  Nothing works.

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity">
<apex:tabPanel style="font-style:bold; font-size:14px" tabClass="activeTab" inactiveTabClass="inactiveTab" >
<apex:tab label="Activity" style="font-size:14px">
<apex:relatedList list="Special Pricing Request>
</apex:tab>
</apex:tabpanel>

What name do I use to display this custom related list?

I would like to add a button to my Contact object that allows me to select contacts from a list view and add them to an account.   This is VERY similar to the "Add to Campaign" button that already exists.

Has anyone done this?  How do I make it happen as I can't get to the code behind the "add to Campaign" button.

I was able to install the app set up everything just fine.  However, when I change the status on an account to "Sign Up", it instantly changes to "Confirming" and I am not receiving any messages for the account.  What does this mean?

• September 14, 2011
I'm driving myself crazy with this.  It's a simple logical formula but I can't get it right in salesforce.

If(SC_Coverage_Type__c,"Service Contract" & IF(Expiration_date,">180"),"SC Expired >180 days", "Active")

I know this isn't how you do it in salesforce, but it's the logic I'm trying to implement.

SC_Coverage_Type__c is a Picklist field
Expiration date is a text field.

Please help
Is it possible to import data to a lookup field via Excel connector or otherwise?

I have a batch of leads to import including a field called "partner".  I am trying to send this partner data to a custom lookup field on the lead object (also called "partner").  It won't let me.

Even if new lookup value records are created, it will save a ton of time if I can import this data....
  • September 16, 2008
I am trying to set the RecordType value of a new lead when created from a pre-chat form and I can't get it to work.  Here is the relavent code from my VF page.  The lead record is always created with record type id "01200000000019v" despite my efforts to set it to "012000000008QVd" in this code.

<!--hidden fields written to the new lead-->
            <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat:leadStatus" value="New Lead" />
            <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat:leadSource" value="Web Chat - QDC" />
            <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat:RecordType" value="012000000008QVd" />

<!-- Map the detail inputs to the Lead fields -->
            <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.map:Lead" value="FirstName,leadFirstName;LastName,leadLastName;Company,leadCompany;Email,leadEmail;Phone,leadPhone;Status;leadStatus;LeadSource,leadSource;RecordType,RecordType" />

<!-- If the Lead is not found, then create one with the following fields set -->
            <input type="hidden" id="optionA" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.map.doCreate:Lead" value="FirstName,true;LastName,true;Company,true;Email,true;Phone,true;Status;true;LeadSource,true;RecordType,true" />

Hello,

I want to execute a processbuilder when a button is clicked, 
my custom button is like below
User-added image

thanks you for suggestion
  • May 09, 2017
I am trying to create a new lead record when a new chat is initiated after filling in a pre-chat form.
My probleme is that instead of opening a new lead tab with the information filled in by the user, I get a "Select Lead Record Type" tab where the agent has to select the record type for the lead. Once they select the recordtype the lead has none of the information provided.
I can't have a default recordType set since the recordType is going to be definied by user input.
I have seen many questions regarding this issue but none have a working solution.

Here is the visualforce pre-chat form I have:

<form method='post' id='prechatForm'> 
      <label for="liveagent.prechat:FirstNameDetail">First Name:</label>
          <input type='text' name='liveagent.prechat:FirstNameDetail' required='true' /><br />
      <label for="liveagent.prechat:LastNameDetail">Last Name:</label>
          <input type='text' name='liveagent.prechat:LastNameDetail' required='true' /><br />
      <label for="liveagent.prechat:EmailDetail">Email Address:</label>
          <input type='email' name='liveagent.prechat:EmailDetail' required='true' /><br />
      <label for="liveagent.prechat:provider">Are you a provider?:</label>
          <input type="radio" name="liveagent.prechat:provider" value="yes" required='true'/> Yes
          <input type="radio" name="liveagent.prechat:provider" value="no" required='true'/> No
      <div id="zipfield" style="display: none;">
          <label for="liveagent.prechat:ZipDetail">Zip code:</label> <input type='text' name='liveagent.prechat:ZipDetail'/>
      </div>

<input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat:leadStatus" value="Open" />
      <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat:Company" value="none" />
      <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat:RecordType" value="01260000000YLBs" />

<!-- Map input to lead fields -->
      <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.map:lead"
        value="FirstName,FirstNameDetail;LastName,LastNameDetail;Company,Company;Email,EmailDetail;Status,leadStatus;RecordType,RecordType" />

<!-- Try to find the Lead by email (exact match) -->
      <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.map.doFind:Lead"
        value="Email,true" />
      <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.map.isExactMatch:Lead"
        value="Email,true;" />

<input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.map.doCreate:Lead"
        value="FirstName,true;LastName,true;Email,true;Company,true;Status,true;RecordType,true" />

<!-- If a new Lead record has been created, open it as a subtab -->
      <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.showOnCreate:Lead"
        value="true" />

<!-- displayToAgent: Hides the lead record type from the agent -->
      <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.displayToAgent:RecordType" value="false" />

<!-- Save the Lead id to transcript's field ContactId -->
      <input type="hidden" name="liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.saveToTranscript:Lead"
        value="LeadId" />

<input type= "hidden" name= "liveagent.prechat.findorcreate.displayToAgent: String detailName" value= "Boolean display" />
      <div id="submit">  
          <input type='submit' value='Request Chat' id='prechat_submit'/>
      </div>
</form>

Here is my code.  I refresh using a valid recordID and it comes up completely blank...

<apex:page standardController="Lead">

<apex:outputText value="{!Lead[f]}" /><br/>

Am I missing something?  Tutorials are very simple for this yet I can't get it to work...

I am building a very basic VF page and I can't get my related list to show up.  I get the following error message "Special Pricing Request is not a valid child relationship name for entity Opportunity".

I have verified that this is the Label for the child object.  I have also tried the API name, Plural Label, and Object Name.  I receive the same message no matter what I try.  I also tried using the "Child Relationship Name" from the master detail field (Special_Pricing_Requests1).  Nothing works.

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity">
<apex:tabPanel style="font-style:bold; font-size:14px" tabClass="activeTab" inactiveTabClass="inactiveTab" >
<apex:tab label="Activity" style="font-size:14px">
<apex:relatedList list="Special Pricing Request>
</apex:tab>
</apex:tabpanel>

What name do I use to display this custom related list?

I would like to add a button to my Contact object that allows me to select contacts from a list view and add them to an account.   This is VERY similar to the "Add to Campaign" button that already exists.

Has anyone done this?  How do I make it happen as I can't get to the code behind the "add to Campaign" button.

I'm driving myself crazy with this.  It's a simple logical formula but I can't get it right in salesforce.

If(SC_Coverage_Type__c,"Service Contract" & IF(Expiration_date,">180"),"SC Expired >180 days", "Active")

I know this isn't how you do it in salesforce, but it's the logic I'm trying to implement.

SC_Coverage_Type__c is a Picklist field
Expiration date is a text field.

Please help