• 25 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is there word, blog posts, wiki articles or anything that gives insight into the timing of the availablity and what shape the programming interface will take in the announced integration/partnership between QuickBooks and Salesforce.

• April 26, 2011

Does anyone know the syntax a simple SOQL query that returns a list of accounts and the territories it is assigned to.

I can't figure out the tables involved and relationships when Salesforce territory management is turned on.

• January 26, 2010

Can you customize the offline edition to show what you are allowing via the briefcase config?

I want the offline edition to have exactly what I configure in the briefcase. I've excluded Opps, Leads, etc and added some custom objects. How do I configure the offline to show and access just the objects I'm allowing in the offline interface?

• December 11, 2009

Any ideas here? I'm trying to create a formula that sets a date, from another date, based on a picklist value(annual, quarterly, etc.) However, when I try and save the formula, I'm told I have 16,000+ characters and the limit is 5000, when in fact the formula is 1313 characters.

Is this a "fake" error and I should be doing this type of calculation another way? Is it a bug? Thanks

IF( ISPICKVAL( Billed__c , "Custom") , Custom_Renewal_Date__c ,
IF( ISPICKVAL( Billed__c , "Quarterly") , 
CASE(MONTH(Close_Date__c),
1,DATE( YEAR( Close_Date__c ) , MONTH(Close_Date__c)+3 , IF(DAY(Close_Date__c)>30,30,DAY(Close_Date__c)) ),
2,DATE( YEAR( Close_Date__c ) , MONTH(Close_Date__c)+3 , IF(DAY(Close_Date__c)>27,31,DAY(Close_Date__c)) ),
3,DATE( YEAR( Close_Date__c ) , MONTH(Close_Date__c)+3 , IF(DAY(Close_Date__c)>30,30,DAY(Close_Date__c)) ),
4,DATE( YEAR( Close_Date__c ) , MONTH(Close_Date__c)+3 , IF(DAY(Close_Date__c)=30,31,DAY(Close_Date__c)) ),
5,DATE( YEAR( Close_Date__c ) , MONTH(Close_Date__c)+3 , DAY(Close_Date__c) ),
6,DATE( YEAR( Close_Date__c ) , MONTH(Close_Date__c)+3 , DAY(Close_Date__c) ),
7,DATE( YEAR( Close_Date__c ) , MONTH(Close_Date__c)+3 , DAY(Close_Date__c) ),
8,DATE( YEAR( Close_Date__c ) , MONTH(Close_Date__c)+3 , IF(DAY(Close_Date__c)>30,30,DAY(Close_Date__c)) ),
9,DATE( YEAR( Close_Date__c ) , MONTH(Close_Date__c)+3 , IF(DAY(Close_Date__c)=30,31,DAY(Close_Date__c)) ),
10, DATE( YEAR( Close_Date__c ) +1, 1 , DAY(Close_Date__c) ),
11, DATE( YEAR( Close_Date__c ) +1, 2 , IF(DAY(Close_Date__c)>28,28,DAY(Close_Date__c)) ),
12, DATE( YEAR( Close_Date__c ) +1, 3 , DAY(Close_Date__c) ),
DATE( YEAR( Close_Date__c ) , MONTH(Close_Date__c)+3 , DAY(Close_Date__c) )
) ,
NULL))

Are they good for anything but displaying HTML because no API Access is available? Is there some other set of functions you can use in SControls and deploy in a group edition that would allow you to do data manipulation/process buttons? Trying to take data in a custom object and add a button that creates a lead out of the button, but keep getting the api_not_enabled message and wondering if there is another path I should be using here?
  • February 10, 2009

When you create and event with multiple attendees, 1 event record is created for each attendee. Is there a definitive way to determine which is the source or master event of the group?

In the data, all events would have IsGroup=true. The event records created for the added attendees would have IsChild = true.

Question is, if I only have the event of one of the child records, how can I programatiically determine what the master or source event is for the group that the child event belongs to?

• January 23, 2009
Is it possible to initiate/write something where the child records of a custom object that has both a contactid and leadid fields in the record, get updated within or after the Salesforce Convert Lead process executes, with the new contactid that was created from the converted lead?
  • January 22, 2009
I am completely replacing an object tab with a VF tab. When doing this, I seem to lose the ability to create a new record for the object from the Create New drop down. Any ideas on how to get the object listed in the Create New drop down if the standard tab for the object is not displayed?
  • January 09, 2009
I have a child object(Campaign Expenses) to the Campaign object through a lookup field. I have to have it as lookup as I already have a master-detail relationship to the Campaign Expenses table.

What methods can I use to SUM the campaign expenses in a campaign object formula field?
  • December 12, 2008
Is there a plain english version of how to get your trigger published into a prod org? I am new at doing this and would be interested in a step by step guide to what I am supposed to do. I am getting "code coverage" and "testing" errors when trying to upload the new trigger. What do I have to do to get force.com to accept my deployment of a simple trigger. My code is quite basic, automatically setting the contact owner to the associated account owner:

trigger ContactAcct on Contact (after insert, after update)

{

for (Contact c : trigger.new)

{ 

Set<Id> aid = new Set<Id>();

aid.add(c.AccountId);

Account accid = [SELECT OwnerId, Name FROM Account where id in :aid];

if(accid.OwnerId <> c.OwnerId)

{

Set<Id> cid = new Set<Id>();

cid.add(c.Id);

Contact con = [select OwnerId,Account.Name from Contact where id in :cid];

con.OwnerId = accid.OwnerId;

update con;

}

}

}

• November 20, 2008
Is there a place where the community can post code for purposes of sharing. I would like to post some of mine and learn from the contributions of others.
  • November 20, 2008
This seems specific somehow to working with the Events Object. I want to create a new Event Record On click of custom Button(By passing some values). Problem: When I am passing the values for creating the record it gives an error in these fields EndDateTime,StartDateTime of Event Object. The values I am passing are legitimate DateTime fields from a custom object that have valid values.

I receive this error:
{errors:{fields:EndDateTime,StartDateTime, message:'Event: bad field names on insert/update call: EndDateTime, StartDateTime', statusCode:'INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE', }, id:null, success:'false', }

My code is:

var eEvent=new sforce.SObject("Event");

eEvent.OwnerId="{!SE_Request__c.OwnerId}";

eEvent.WhatId="{!SE_Request__c.Id}";

if("{!SE_Request__c.ContactId__c}" != "")

{

eEvent.WhoId ="{!SE_Request__c.ContactId__c}";

}

if("{!SE_Request__c.LeadId__c}" != "")

{

eEvent.WhoId ="{!SE_Request__c.LeadId__c}";

}

eEvent.Description="{!SE_Request__c.Description__c}";

eEvent.DurationInMinutes=60;

eEvent.ActivityDate=date("{!Today}");

eEvent.ActivityDateTime=date("{!SE_Request__c.Preferred_Start_Date_Time__c}");

eEvent.StartDateTime=date("{!SE_Request__c.Preferred_Start_Date_Time__c}");

eEvent.EndDateTime=date("{!SE_Request__c.Preferred_Start_Date_Time__c}");

eEvent.ReminderDateTime=dateRem(my_time);

var result = sforce.connection.create([eEvent]);

var eEventAtt=new sforce.SObject("EventAttendee");

eEventAtt.AttendeeId="{!SE_Request__c.OwnerId}";

var resultAtt = sforce.connection.create([eEventAtt]);

• September 29, 2008

When you create and event with multiple attendees, 1 event record is created for each attendee. Is there a definitive way to determine which is the source or master event of the group?

In the data, all events would have IsGroup=true. The event records created for the added attendees would have IsChild = true.

Question is, if I only have the event of one of the child records, how can I programatiically determine what the master or source event is for the group that the child event belongs to?

• January 23, 2009
Is it possible to initiate/write something where the child records of a custom object that has both a contactid and leadid fields in the record, get updated within or after the Salesforce Convert Lead process executes, with the new contactid that was created from the converted lead?
  • January 22, 2009

Hi All -

In the Partner Related List on the Opportunity screen it does not have the "Edit" option, just Delete.  Does anyone know if "Edit" can be added and/or why it is set up this way?

TIA

David

How can you identify what is an Email in the Task table without relying on keywords in the Subject or Description fields?
How do you craft a URL to default field values on a new record that I want to create from a sidebar link?

For example, if I create a new child record from a parent object, the url I'm directed to is something like this:
na3.salesforce.com/a0O/e?CF00N50000001xQY6=Salesforce+Administration

Where CF00N50000001xQY6 seems to be some internal value for the parent record association and when the URL renders the parent record value is populated in the new edit record form.

So, how do I find out the id values for other fields I want to pass to this URL? For example, here is what I'm trying to do, but it does not work:

na3.salesforce.com/a0O/e?CF00N50000001xQY6=Salesforce+Administration&type__c=Question

Any ideas?

Also, how would I do this URL so that another page layout is displayed instead of the default page layout for a profile? How would I craft the URL to dictate which page layout is displayed and how do I find the ID for that page layout?

Thanks
Is there a plain english version of how to get your trigger published into a prod org? I am new at doing this and would be interested in a step by step guide to what I am supposed to do. I am getting "code coverage" and "testing" errors when trying to upload the new trigger. What do I have to do to get force.com to accept my deployment of a simple trigger. My code is quite basic, automatically setting the contact owner to the associated account owner:

trigger ContactAcct on Contact (after insert, after update)

{

for (Contact c : trigger.new)

{ 

Set<Id> aid = new Set<Id>();

aid.add(c.AccountId);

Account accid = [SELECT OwnerId, Name FROM Account where id in :aid];

if(accid.OwnerId <> c.OwnerId)

{

Set<Id> cid = new Set<Id>();

cid.add(c.Id);

Contact con = [select OwnerId,Account.Name from Contact where id in :cid];

con.OwnerId = accid.OwnerId;

update con;

}

}

}

• November 20, 2008
Is there a place where the community can post code for purposes of sharing. I would like to post some of mine and learn from the contributions of others.
  • November 20, 2008
I am trying to deploy certain components like Trigger, Apex Classes or LAyouts through Force.com IDE. Sometimes when I do validate Deployment, it gives me an error saying 'Not in package.xml'. I am not sure what is the meaning of this error. Can anybody please explain me?

Thanks

Hey gang;

New to this forum.  Been a salesforce.com user for some time and now allowing a select group of customers to create shipments online.  A customer accesses their account on the website and creates a shipment, OUR COST and CUSTOMER PRICE goes to a 3rd party for auditing. 

My question is how do we receive the data into Salesforce.com.   For example, when a customer creates a shipment, how do we receive the information in Salesforce.com (real time) so that our call center would be able to make changes to the shipment, cancel, etc. in real time, look up cusotmer shipment details, etc? 

I want to use this platform to manage the company AND the sales.  Is this possible?  Support said that I would have to do an integration... but I don't know what that is and there is nothing in the help/training tab. 
Hi,

I'm using Eclispe 3.3.2 to Deploy changes to My Developer Salesforce account. But I'm receiving this error as specified in the attachment.

Error Screen Link: http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sshot1bf1.jpg

- Varun

Message Edited by vchaddha on 11-09-2008 10:16 PM
  • November 10, 2008
How i can get the layouts metadata from the apex controller ?

The metadata API has a method describeLayout() or getDescribeLayout() but i cannot make it works at the controller.

If that is not possible , how i can connect to the metadata api from the apex controller?

Thanks
Br1
  • October 15, 2008
This seems specific somehow to working with the Events Object. I want to create a new Event Record On click of custom Button(By passing some values). Problem: When I am passing the values for creating the record it gives an error in these fields EndDateTime,StartDateTime of Event Object. The values I am passing are legitimate DateTime fields from a custom object that have valid values.

I receive this error:
{errors:{fields:EndDateTime,StartDateTime, message:'Event: bad field names on insert/update call: EndDateTime, StartDateTime', statusCode:'INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE', }, id:null, success:'false', }

My code is:

var eEvent=new sforce.SObject("Event");

eEvent.OwnerId="{!SE_Request__c.OwnerId}";

eEvent.WhatId="{!SE_Request__c.Id}";

if("{!SE_Request__c.ContactId__c}" != "")

{

eEvent.WhoId ="{!SE_Request__c.ContactId__c}";

}

if("{!SE_Request__c.LeadId__c}" != "")

{

eEvent.WhoId ="{!SE_Request__c.LeadId__c}";

}

eEvent.Description="{!SE_Request__c.Description__c}";

eEvent.DurationInMinutes=60;

eEvent.ActivityDate=date("{!Today}");

eEvent.ActivityDateTime=date("{!SE_Request__c.Preferred_Start_Date_Time__c}");

eEvent.StartDateTime=date("{!SE_Request__c.Preferred_Start_Date_Time__c}");