• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

We got an issue with accessing data from a Visualforce page contained in Sites. The data that should be displayed is from a custom object contained in a licensed managed package. This worked fine until the package was upgraded to a new version which required licesing.

My guess it's something related to the sites user not having a license for that package (doesn't show in the user list for assigning licenses).

The Problem: the visualforce page called when normally loged in with a licensed user works as expected (via /apex/Pagename). When called from outside via domainname.force.com/Pagename it shows only empty values. The page iterates over a list of objects with apex:repeat. I get as many empty objects as I should get, so that part works. Just the values are missing, using {!object.field__c} syntax.

Any hints, pointers? Maybe a bug? I couldn't find anything regarding that odd bevavior.

The page code:

<apex:page cache="false" controller="XMLlistingController" contentType="application/xml"><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<LocationList>
<apex:repeat value="{!locations}" var="location">
<Location__c>
<Id><apex:outputText value="{!location.Id}" /></Id>
<Name><apex:outputText value="{!location.Name}" /></Name>
</Location__c>
</apex:repeat>
</LocationList>
</apex:page>

The controller simply queries for the Location__c custom object and returns a list.

Output from /apex/LocationPage

<LocationList>
<Location__c>
<Id>
a0B80000003uOfiEAE
</Id>
<Name>
Example Location
</Name>
</Location__c>
</LocationList>

output from domainname.force.com/LocationPage:

<LocationList>
<Location__c>
<Id/>
<Name/>
</Location__c>
</LocationList>

edit: Just to underline it's not a basic permission problem:

The sites user has all necessary permissions on that object, also field level security settings are fine. It worked before licesing for that package was turned on.

Message Edited by wintamute on 09-18-2009 01:06 PM
Message Edited by wintamute on 09-18-2009 02:07 PM

We have a customer using our packaged app and we keep getting the exception message:

Visualforce Page: /apex/tw__ApexPage

System.Exception: No such column 'Id' on entity 'ns__CustomObject__c'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

Class.ns.MyController.refreshList: line 1473, column 24

Class.ns.MyController.ControllerStart: line 212, column 9

Class.ns.MyController.<init>: line 171, column 13

Class.ns.MyExtension.<init>: line 16, column 9

External entry point

This is a VF page that gets added to the Contact page layout. It calls a method refreshList in the constructor that has a simple soql query.

So I can get rid of the error by not calling that soql query in the constructor. By why in the world would it say No such column Id?? Doesn't everything have an Id column?

It's only one customer (and one user) that hit this so I'm curious what they did. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

DSL

• April 28, 2009

Anyone ever seen this one? We have a UE customer install a managed package..no problem. Then he installs a very minor upgrade (nothing new, just a 10 line bug fix in existing code).

He goes to do the upgrade and it bombs out with an error from the testmethod saying No such column 'Id' on entity My_Custom_Object__c. But we all know that every object has an Id.

In between the initial install and upgrade, we modified their license from Trial to Active since they purchased 25 seats. But I don't know if their org admin gave himself a license to use it. If the org admin does not have a license to the package, can they still do the upgrade? We're waiting to hear back him now if it works after giving himself a license to use.

Thoughts?

dsl

• March 26, 2009
Hi
I am using <apex:outputLink value="">Go</apex:outputLink>

when i click Go it should be open a new window not in existing window.

I achieve this by using java script but i don't want to use java script.Is there any attribute of<apex:outputLink> such that i open in new window.

Please give me a solution

Thanks & Regards
Brijesh Kumar Baser
I created a custom field called theme__c in the User Object.
I created a custom object called Theme__c with fields listing the colors for various parts of my VF page.
I created a VF page using a custom apex controller and used fields from the Theme__c Object to fill in the CSS color values.

My problem now lies in accessing the custom field theme__c in the User Object in order to retrieve the color fields in the theme__c Object.

Here is what I tried:

public theme__c getTheme(){
string usertheme = User.theme__c;
theme__c theme = [select bg_color__c, primary_color__c, accent_color__c from theme__c where name = :usertheme];
return theme;
}

I get an error because User.theme__c is of a datatype SObject field and I am trying to cast it as a string.

What up with that?

Message Edited by Jim Boudreaux on 12-05-2008 06:54 AM

One of our customers already has our managed package installed.

Now when he tries to install a new version he gets the message:

"Missing organisation feature: Scontrols"

I thought that existing SControls should still work.

We did not add any new SControls.

Do I have to enable the SControls feature in all existing customer orgs ?

Thanks.

Is it possible to add the new field type "Text Area (Rich)" to a managed package when

the field type is marked as "Beta" or will we run into any problems ?

Thanks.

Message Edited by Forcecode on 02-06-2010 11:08 AM

We have a Batch Apex job class defined in our certified managed package.

It works in our dev org (no namespace), but when we deploy the code to the dev org WITH namespace or

install the package in a customer org, it does not. We have "Apex Notification Recipient" set and get all other error emails, but not this one.

Is there anything that must be set before we can execute a batch job in our package? User permissions, package permission or enable this in the org ?

Thanks.

Is there a list of features you can use in a certified package and install in PE even if the feature is not available in this edition for the customer ?

What I learned is that the "Email Service" is available and then I found this from the

Whats new in Apex Code Tech Talk:

Q: PE doesn't have Apex, but an AppExchange package can be flagged to run Apex in a PE org. does this permission bring with it Batch Apex and the Scheduler, so that the app can perform these things in a Professional Edition org?
A: Yes

I could not find a complete list. Must these features be activated in the PE org by Salesforce Support before installing the package ?

Thanks.

Hi,

we get a Javascript error when we add an apex:relatedList with a multi-select list button to a VF page. It works in Firefox but not IE7 or IE8.

It can be reproduced with a few steps:

• - Create a custom object related to Account
  • - Add a custom list button to the object and check
      Display Checkboxes (for Multi-Record Selection)
  • - Add the list button to the related list on the Account page layout

Create this simple VF page:

<apex:page standardController="Account"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!Account.Id}" list="RelatedListTest__r"/> </apex:page>

When you open the page you get the javascript error "Expected ')'. It makes no difference if it is a VF, S-Control or Javascript list button, it always happens if there is at least on button with multi-select checked.

Is there a workaround or is it a bug in the page rendering that only SFDC can fix ?

Thanks.

Message Edited by Forcecode on 12-10-2009 02:28 AM
Message Edited by Forcecode on 12-10-2009 02:31 AM
Message Edited by Forcecode on 12-10-2009 03:19 AM

We have managed package with User Licenses (no Site License) which are managed using LMA.

I always get Authorization Required when I want to access one of the objects in our managed package.

Is it possible to assign a User License to the Guest/Public user or do we have to switch the license

for the package from User to Site License ?

Thanks.

I read in the online help that Custom Labels are not supported in Group Edition.

Is this also true for a certified package ?

The install fails now in this edition after we used Custom Labels.

Is it possible to activate this feature to support our app ?

I understand that some features are not available in this edition but this feature is critical for an ISV.

We cannot create a package for each language.

Thanks.

Our managed package includes custom labels in the default language 'English' and the translation workbench is activated in the dev org.

No translations were added to the package yet , so I assume 'English' should be used in any case.

We have a customer with the language 'Spanish' who installed the

new version of the package (with 'Custom Labels') and is now unable to access any of our

VF pages in his org. All he get is:

"An internal server error occured

Error ID: 2030767935-4266 (-1059707014)"

When he tries to access the 'Custom Labels' node in the admin tree, he gets 'Insufficient privileges even as an administrator.

And if I have seen this right, he is not able to switch to 'English' in his personal language settings.

Is there no other language supported in this org ? I am totally lost here and cannot reproduce it.

Thanks.

Update: Logged a Case 02779112

Message Edited by Forcecode on 07-07-2009 02:28 PM

Does an extension for a managed package count against the maximum Custom and Appexchange limit for an org ?

Or in other words: Is it possible to install a managed package + extension in GE, where the limit is "1" ?

Thanks.

We added the "with sharing" keyword to all classes and controllers in our managed package.

The test functions work fine in the master dev org, but when I install a beta version into another dev org,

I now get many test errors of type:

"System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object

The installation worked before we used "with sharing".

Is there some guidance available how to simulate the scenario during the installation process in our master dev org.

There are no line numbers given, only function names. I have no idea what could cause these errors or how to fix them.

Thanks.

I hope it is ok to post this here, because it has to do with a managed package.

In the dev org of our managed app I create a custom formula field on one of our custom objects.

When I reference a custom label in the formula,  I always get a blank field. I used the 'Insert field' dialog to add this:

$Label.myNamspace__myCustomLabel

There is no error upon saving so I think the custom label is recognized as valid but when I add the field to the listview, it is empty.

I tried the protected/unprotected checkbox for the label but with no effect.

Is this supported or is it a bug ?

Is the custom label added to the package when I uploaded it (as for VF pages), because I cannot add it manually.

Thanks.

I am playing with the translation workbench and a managed package.

It seems that you cannot rename the "Tab Name" and "Display Name" for a custom object when you install the package in an org where the translation workbench is enabled.

It works for any other field but not this one, the edit link is not displayed.

Is there a reason for this or did I miss something ?

Thanks

A customer tries to install our package but it always failed. I tried two different orgs and cannot reproduce this error.

Can someone please check this and let me know if I can do something or is this a bug ?

Organization: XXXXXXXXX (00D20000000Jeo2)

User: XXXXXXXX (0052000000128Yi)

Package: XXXXXXXX (033800000009SaF) Error Number: 475960097-2940 (717204042)

Thanks.

The upgrade of one of our existing packages failed until I added a user license to the package for the user who runs the install.

Even when he is a system administrator this seems to be necessary. The admin is not necessarily one of the users of our application.

Is it true that you need an assigned license to upgrade a package ?

I never noticed that and may need to document this for our customers.

Maybe this can be shown to the user before starting the install instead of sending a cryptic "Install failed..." email.

Thanks.

Message Edited by Forcecode on 04-02-2009 04:48 AM

The installation of our managed package failed for a new version.

It failed for this fresh installation:

Organization: XXXXXXXXX (00D80000000L5qd)

User: XXXXXXXXXX (00580000001YpA3)

Package: XXXXXXX (033800000009SaF) Error Number: 22407827-123 (-599792466)

and this upgrade:

Organization: XXXXXXX (00D30000000LHKD)
User: XXXXXXX (00530000001iBqA)
Package: XXXXXXX (033800000009SaF)
Error Number: 1763211689-313 (-17199249)

The upgrade worked in another org though. Any ideas ?

Thanks.

I try to modify a license for my managed package and I get this message in LMA:

>> The proxy user isn't available. Chances are they've deactivated <<

Is the customer org no longer active ?

When I try to upload our existing managed package after Spring09 for the first time, I get a package validation error:

>>

Package upload error: There are problems that prevent this package from being uploaded

Problems

Component Type     Name         Problem

Visualforce Page       MyPage      Component c

<<

Thats all the info I get.

We have a custom component embedded into MyPage and the component is included in the package. MyPage is an overridden detail page for a custom object and the component has the allowDML attribute set. The same component is used in another page, but without any parameters.

I have no idea what could cause this or what to do now. It worked before Spring 09.

I hope someone can look into this and give me a clue. Our org Id is 00D3000000063mO if this helps.

Thanks.

I tried to install our managed package uploaded and tested before Spring 09 and it now fails.

The email we received looks like this:

Organization: XXXXXXX (00D80000000L5qd)

User: XXXXXXX (00580000001YpA3)

Package: XXXXX (033800000009SaF)

Error Number: 1707512214-249 (-2087241728)

When we check the "Ignore Apex test failures..." checkbox it installed successfully, so it must have something to do with a test method.

In the past there was a detailed description about what test method failed. Why was this removed ? How can we get any information what is going on.

The "Run All Tests" button in the browser before uploading the package does not always show these failures.

At least the "Apex Exception Notification Recipient" of the package should receive a detailed error message.

Thanks.

Message Edited by Forcecode on 02-10-2009 09:15 AM
We have a VF component in our managed package that our customers should use in their org.

Access is set to "global" in the component and the we use the tag componentbody so that our customers are able to generate custom iterations.

When I create a new VF email template and include the component, I get the error:

>>Error: Cannot use Apex Attribute var (in component myNamespace:myComponent) without Global access in a component/page that is not in the same namespace of the component<<

The component is set to "global, why is this error thrown ?

Is there some more information available what is possible  with components in managed packages ?

Why is the "global" designation for a component deprecated as described in the VF docs ? Is there any alternative ?

The components are a flexible way to allow our customers to customize our app but they are usesless in a managed package when there are so many restrictions.

Our customer gets the following error message when he tries to upgrade our managed package:

>>Your requested install failed. Please try this again.
None of the data or setup information in your Salesforce organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact Support through your normal channels and reference number: 1908364176-1193 (-1966015486)<<

Does this number mean something to anyone ?

It seems that you cannot rename the "Tab Name" and "Display Name" for a custom object when you install the package in an org where the translation workbench is enabled.

Thanks

This blog post explains this in detail : post link

One of our customers already has our managed package installed.

Now when he tries to install a new version he gets the message:

"Missing organisation feature: Scontrols"

I thought that existing SControls should still work.

We did not add any new SControls.

Do I have to enable the SControls feature in all existing customer orgs ?

Thanks.

Hello,

I created a "Managed Package" and installed to a production Sandbox for testing. I have been unable to get the custom objects/tabs associated to this Managed Package to display when logged in as a "Force.com Free" user. I have no problem assigned this information to the Force.com Free profile, but I am just unable to view any of this information after logging in as this user.

Just wondering if this is a basic limitation with Force.com Free users or am I missing something very basic?

Thanks,

Thomas

Message Edited by Thomas Stroh on 03-15-2010 04:31 PM

Group and Professional Editions support Apex only in certified managed packages. If a certified managed package is installed into an org that doesn't otherwise support Apex, if that package contains an Apex class that implements the Schedulable interface, will we be able to schedule that class using the new scheduler?

• February 08, 2010

We have a Batch Apex job class defined in our certified managed package.

It works in our dev org (no namespace), but when we deploy the code to the dev org WITH namespace or

install the package in a customer org, it does not. We have "Apex Notification Recipient" set and get all other error emails, but not this one.

Is there anything that must be set before we can execute a batch job in our package? User permissions, package permission or enable this in the org ?

Thanks.

Is there a list of features you can use in a certified package and install in PE even if the feature is not available in this edition for the customer ?

What I learned is that the "Email Service" is available and then I found this from the

Whats new in Apex Code Tech Talk:

Q: PE doesn't have Apex, but an AppExchange package can be flagged to run Apex in a PE org. does this permission bring with it Batch Apex and the Scheduler, so that the app can perform these things in a Professional Edition org?
A: Yes

I could not find a complete list. Must these features be activated in the PE org by Salesforce Support before installing the package ?

Thanks.

I have created a custom object called Service_Orders__c

The object contains data that I would like to automatically post to my google calendar.

When we create the record I would like it to update the google calendar.

I have been searching for hours to see if this has been addressed somewhere but I can't seem to find a discussion on it.

I figure that the following process would work.

1) Create an apex class that would retrieves an Authentication Token from Google. (I have seen the example of how to do this in a visualsource page but haven't done it in a apex class)

2) Use and apex trigger to get the token and use it to create a calendar even "after insert"

I am still really new to programming and the force.com platform so any ideas or direction would help.

Thanks

Brett

• September 25, 2009

Hi,

We got an issue with accessing data from a Visualforce page contained in Sites. The data that should be displayed is from a custom object contained in a licensed managed package. This worked fine until the package was upgraded to a new version which required licesing.

My guess it's something related to the sites user not having a license for that package (doesn't show in the user list for assigning licenses).

The Problem: the visualforce page called when normally loged in with a licensed user works as expected (via /apex/Pagename). When called from outside via domainname.force.com/Pagename it shows only empty values. The page iterates over a list of objects with apex:repeat. I get as many empty objects as I should get, so that part works. Just the values are missing, using {!object.field__c} syntax.

Any hints, pointers? Maybe a bug? I couldn't find anything regarding that odd bevavior.

The page code:

<apex:page cache="false" controller="XMLlistingController" contentType="application/xml"><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<LocationList>
<apex:repeat value="{!locations}" var="location">
<Location__c>
<Id><apex:outputText value="{!location.Id}" /></Id>
<Name><apex:outputText value="{!location.Name}" /></Name>
</Location__c>
</apex:repeat>
</LocationList>
</apex:page>

The controller simply queries for the Location__c custom object and returns a list.

Output from /apex/LocationPage

<LocationList>
<Location__c>
<Id>
a0B80000003uOfiEAE
</Id>
<Name>
Example Location
</Name>
</Location__c>
</LocationList>

output from domainname.force.com/LocationPage:

<LocationList>
<Location__c>
<Id/>
<Name/>
</Location__c>
</LocationList>

edit: Just to underline it's not a basic permission problem:

The sites user has all necessary permissions on that object, also field level security settings are fine. It worked before licesing for that package was turned on.

Message Edited by wintamute on 09-18-2009 01:06 PM
Message Edited by wintamute on 09-18-2009 02:07 PM

We have managed package with User Licenses (no Site License) which are managed using LMA.

I always get Authorization Required when I want to access one of the objects in our managed package.

Is it possible to assign a User License to the Guest/Public user or do we have to switch the license

for the package from User to Site License ?

Thanks.

I read in the online help that Custom Labels are not supported in Group Edition.

Is this also true for a certified package ?

The install fails now in this edition after we used Custom Labels.

Is it possible to activate this feature to support our app ?

I understand that some features are not available in this edition but this feature is critical for an ISV.

We cannot create a package for each language.

Thanks.

Our managed package includes custom labels in the default language 'English' and the translation workbench is activated in the dev org.

No translations were added to the package yet , so I assume 'English' should be used in any case.

We have a customer with the language 'Spanish' who installed the

new version of the package (with 'Custom Labels') and is now unable to access any of our

VF pages in his org. All he get is:

"An internal server error occured

Error ID: 2030767935-4266 (-1059707014)"

When he tries to access the 'Custom Labels' node in the admin tree, he gets 'Insufficient privileges even as an administrator.

And if I have seen this right, he is not able to switch to 'English' in his personal language settings.

Is there no other language supported in this org ? I am totally lost here and cannot reproduce it.

Thanks.

Update: Logged a Case 02779112

Message Edited by Forcecode on 07-07-2009 02:28 PM

Am trying to upload a package from my dev org. The package gets created successfully (both in case of unmanaged and managed) but when I click on upload, it throws a weird error which is non suggestive of the cause. The following "Component c" error message is displayed:

Component error in package upload 

Not sure why this is occuring, this came last week also when we were working on the Spring 09 release and it used to go away all of a sudden without any reason.

But after Summer 09 release last weekend, this error consistently comes up whenever we upload a package. Does anyone know if this is a bug?

We added the "with sharing" keyword to all classes and controllers in our managed package.

The test functions work fine in the master dev org, but when I install a beta version into another dev org,

I now get many test errors of type:

"System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object

The installation worked before we used "with sharing".

Is there some guidance available how to simulate the scenario during the installation process in our master dev org.

There are no line numbers given, only function names. I have no idea what could cause these errors or how to fix them.

Thanks.

Thanks

A customer tries to install our package but it always failed. I tried two different orgs and cannot reproduce this error.

Can someone please check this and let me know if I can do something or is this a bug ?

Organization: XXXXXXXXX (00D20000000Jeo2)

User: XXXXXXXX (0052000000128Yi)

Package: XXXXXXXX (033800000009SaF) Error Number: 475960097-2940 (717204042)

Thanks.