• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

I would like to provide a link for each contact, this link is to a page which provides information about this person based one a  variable.

MY Problems: this page requires username and password (which are submitted via HTTP POST), and returns a cookie containing a SID (session ID).  SID is passed via the URL, and via HTTP POST, and if they don't match, then an error page is displayed.

I've included the HTTP request below. the request is of type POST, but it seems that the session ID also appears in the URL.

Any Ideas on how I can do this?
Even If I instruct the user to log on to the website in a seperat browser window, I wouldn't know how to add the SID fromt the cookie to the salesforce link. perhaps this can be done in Javascript?
and how to make the request using HTTP Post from salesforce?

Any help/ code / hints would be much appriciated.

Thanks,

(Note, I've changed the hostname and SID below, in order to protect aginst complaints from the data host)

(Red marks my variable, by which I want to submit the query, Blue marks the session / cookie ID),

URL: https://www.mydatahost.co.uk/cardholder.wes?subpage=basic&__SID=3400014 (here you see that the SID is in the URL)
HTTP Header:
POST /cardholder.wes—subpage=basic&__SID=3400014 HTTP/1.1
Host: www.mydatahost.co.uk
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Language: pt-PT,pt;q=0.7,chrome://global/locale/intl.properties;q=0.3
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive: 300
Connection: keep-alive

Referer: https://www.mydatahost.co.uk/sponsor.wes–subpage=cardholder&focuson=chform.cardholderid&m1=5&__SID=3400014
Cookie: PROD_SID_COOKIE=3400014
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Content-Length: 50
cardholderid={!my_field_here__c}&m1_extra_reqd=1&check_sponsor=

There is a very simple cookie
Cookie:
URL     https://www.mydatahost.co.uk/
Name PROD_SID_COOKIE
Value 3400014
Host www.mydatahost.co.uk
Path /
Secure No
Expires At End Of Session

Hi All,

I would like to rearrange the sidebar Items, namely, I'd like to place to recent items list above google talk.
Where do I edit the sidebar?

Thanks

Ben
Hi,

I have a VF page, which is embedded (as a URL s-control) in the Contact page layout.

I just want to display some fields (the point is to keep these fields read only).

How do I pass make the VF page know which record's information to display (how do I pass this info, and how do I use it in the VF page side). thanks.

Ben
Hi All,

I'm sorry if this is a newbie question (I am new so...)

Under accounts, there is a related list of contacts. This is great, however, I would like to filter these records based on one of the fields in Contacts (say these with status__c = "Active")

Preferable this filter would be permanent, if impossible, I would like a drop down menu under "related lists" to activate the filter.

Please give me any hints you can.

Thanks
Hi All,

I am a new administrator of salesforce to a small company.
I am comfortable with most aspects of Salesforce, but have no experience in Visualforce or Apex.
I need to design the following, and would hire someone to hold my hand / write it for me..
I also need some visualforce help aswell, which I will post seperately, obviously, I would prefer to work with one person to do both.

What I need
  1. A script that would mass duplicate records of a custom object,
    Some fields copied
    Some fields nulled
    Some fields changed in a predetermined way (add 7 days to date)
  2. The script is to be associated with a button, on the custom object's page (I know how to make a button)
  3. a script that will not encounter the APEX governor limits
  4. the script is expected to copy about 200 records, once a week
    with the possibility of copying more in the future
  5. I may require help installing and testing the script.
How we would proceed:
  1. Please send me an offer for your time in helping me develop the script. hopefully, a one-off, lump sum payment is better then a per hour.
  2. if you have written a mass-clone script in the past, it should be only a minor change, that I could probably do myself.
  3. Anything I'm forgetting?
I'm available on skype: benhizak (adding me to skype, please mention salesforce project)

Thanks,

Ben

+44 75 0403 6430
Hi All,

In my organization events happen several times a week, for each event, we would like to email a predetermined group and notify them about the email. our list consists of just under 1000 People (above the 500 emails salesforce limit).

I would like to choose a program to generate the emails. hopefully, this program would generate a unique tracking link, and also a "SIGN ME UP" unique link, which, once clicked by a contact would automatically add him to the event in salesforce.

Please recommend some email apps / services that would be relevant.

Thanks

Ben
  • November 10, 2008
Hi All,

Question #1:
I have written the followin Javascript code, implemented in an Execut Javascript s-control.
The Idea is to time stamp a record.

However, the date assignment (Line 3 in the code) doesn't work. the field type is date (not date/time).
I've tried wrapping
{!TODAY()} twith single quotes, double quotes, and without any quotes. each delivers a different error. but no results.

Code:
var temporal= new sforce.SObject("Contact"); 
temporal.id = '{!Contact.Id}'; 
temporal.Audited_date__c={!TODAY()};//***this line doesn't work***
temporal.Audited_by__c = "{!$User.Alias}" result = sforce.connection.update([temporal]); window.parent.location.href="{!URLFOR($Action.Contact.View,Contact.Id,null , true )}";

Question #2:
Is there a way to reload only that field (save the page refresh)?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Message Edited by beener on 10-28-2008 09:52 AM
  • October 28, 2008
Hi All,

I have a custom object named timesheet__c, which has a date field week_ending__c (this date can only be a saturday)

I am required to show clickable list of dates,
where clicking on a date would lead to a view of all objects with week_ending__c = <date selected>
I don't know Visual force or Apex. so I was thinking  have a more simple solution, please tell me if this is a really bad Idea.

I would create another custom object: weekend_dates__c. and feed it with all of the Saturdays in the coming year or two.

When a user chooses week_ending__c from a date control, another field (a lookup to weekend_dates__c) would look up to the appropriate Saturday.

This would allow me to easily design a tab listing weekend_dates__c, and in which all related timesheet__c will be seen under related lists.

The question is, how hard, if at all possible, to create a lookup field that automatically looks up a record. can this be done with a default formula?

I'm thankful to any ideas you may come up with.

Ben
  • October 21, 2008