• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is there any way to use the functionality of a listview but to specify which to pick?  The scenario is that I want to create a page for a "low tech" user that removes any option of them looking at the wrong set of data.

I have a need for a few things:

1. be on-site at my company one day a week (RussianHill in SF) to do training, review & updates.
  2. do some regularly-occurring admin tasks likelead lists checking, deduping and importing based on our criteria (or to createa better way to do it).
  3. help strategize on how to de-dupe our databasewhile retaining the intent and content of the original data
  4. help deliver some sophisticated, conditional reportingthat helps our sales team and organization make better use of SFDC.
  5. Provide on-going support probably of a part-time nature as we develop the relationship going forward.
I am looking for someone with very good communication skills, both written and verbal, someone with experience working within an organization and helping all levels of users, and someone who can creatively solve some challenging problems.

Point #1 is non-negotiable, for therecord.  I need someone to provide someface-time here.  If you can do thesethings, please provide me with applicable hourly rates.  If you cannot be on-site, please consider not replying.

I am trying to create a report that shows me, based on how the opportunities are grouped, only the groups with two or more records in them.

For instance, if I pull up a list of opportunities that have "unique" order numbers or, say, email addresses, how can I only see the groups where there are two or more records?  This should indicate a group that requires attention (cleaning up the report numbers in this case).

Is there a simple way to do this?
Hi, I'm just getting my feet wet with the reporting engine; it doesn't work like others I've used, so I could use a little help.

I'm trying to show Opportunities that have a close date less than the create date (meaning they were entered for past orders, a habit I need my sales team to break).

How can I do the field-comparison so that I can limit the output?  I don't want to see anything but the records for which the above is true, and the "value" field only allows for actual dates, not calculated ones.

I have a need for a few things:

1. be on-site at my company one day a week (RussianHill in SF) to do training, review & updates.
  2. do some regularly-occurring admin tasks likelead lists checking, deduping and importing based on our criteria (or to createa better way to do it).
  3. help strategize on how to de-dupe our databasewhile retaining the intent and content of the original data
  4. help deliver some sophisticated, conditional reportingthat helps our sales team and organization make better use of SFDC.
  5. Provide on-going support probably of a part-time nature as we develop the relationship going forward.
I am looking for someone with very good communication skills, both written and verbal, someone with experience working within an organization and helping all levels of users, and someone who can creatively solve some challenging problems.

Point #1 is non-negotiable, for therecord.  I need someone to provide someface-time here.  If you can do thesethings, please provide me with applicable hourly rates.  If you cannot be on-site, please consider not replying.

I want to include the apex:enhancedList component on a VF page. I want this page to display a particular view when the page first loads. How can I do this? I won't know the specific IDs of any records because this code will be installed in other orgs.

Can I query for a particular view and designate that the enhancedList should show that view?

Can I specify that a particular view should be displayed by name?

• January 27, 2009

I'm wondering if there is a way to enact/implement or write a sort of "Geographic Lookup" feature of Accounts, Contacts & Leads alike?  What we are hoping to accomplish: Our organization spends a lot of time traveling throughout the US mainly, but also the world.  We are looking for a search that a future traveling employee can say "I'll be in Nashville next week, run a search to see who we have in our system within [XX]-Miles that I could take to dinner"

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated, some sort of a radius search would be the most effective.  I'm sure you could do some sort of zip code search however if you're in the middle of LA where they have dozens of zip codes you would spend half your time looking those up.  Thanks for your time.

• January 08, 2009
For some reason my below VF code that renders the listview dropdown does not respect the fact that all views apart from "Recently Viewed" are set as private in my companies Sharing rules on Cases.

Code:
<apex:page standardController="Case" recordSetVar="cases" tabstyle="trouble_tickets__tab">
<apex:form id="theForm">
 <apex:pageBlock title="Cases Home">
    <apex:panelGrid columns="3">
      <apex:outputLabel value="Viewing:"/>
      <apex:selectList value="{!filterId}" size="1">
        <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="list"/>
        <apex:selectOptions value="{!listviewoptions}"/>
      </apex:selectList>
      <apex:commandButton value="Go" action="{!list}"/>
    </apex:panelGrid>
 </apex:pageBlock> 

Any reason for this? Or, is there a way to force the the Listview to display only recently viewed?
Hi I have two custom objects in my org  Quick_Quote_PRM__c and Payment_Credit__c

Both use the standardcontoller to display listview as follows

This one works

Code:
<apex:page showHeader="false" standardController="Quick_Quote_PRM__c" recordSetVar="pcs" >

<apex:outputLabel value="Select Payment View:" for="selectList"/>&nbsp;
       <apex:selectList value="{!filterId}" size="1" id="selectList">

</apex:form>

</apex:page>

But this one doesnt

Code:
<apex:page showHeader="false" standardController="Payment_Credit__c" recordSetVar="pcs" >

<apex:outputLabel value="Select Payment View:" for="selectList"/>&nbsp;
       <apex:selectList value="{!filterId}" size="1" id="selectList">

</apex:form>

</apex:page>

And fails with the following error
FROM Payment_Credit__c ORDER BY Name.Alias ASC LIMIT 10000 ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:43 Didn't understand relationship 'Name' in field path. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

As can be seen there is no custom soql. Im not even referencing 'Name' ?

Is there some way to see what the query is been built by the standard controller ?

Any other ideas on how to debug ?

Thanks
Paul

• November 07, 2008
Hi,

I need to add the field history from a custom object to a page, but am running into a lot of problems.  The related list displays with no problem when viewing the custom object through the salesforce custom object tab, but on my custom page it says that Histories is not a valid child relationship name for the entity.  I have checked the child relationships of my custom object and the History object that salesforce generates automatically when "Track Field History" is checked is listed with the name "Histories" as the child relationship name.  I have tried this on multiple custom objects (making them as simple as possible) and a relatedList on Histories just doesn't seem to be possible.  Has anyone been able to make this work?

-David