• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

SOQL queries from APEX code is always returning 0 rows for any Custom Object. Not showing any errors or exceptions simply it is showing as 0 rows. However the same query is returning several rows. I ran the APEX class from Force.com website and through IDE but from both the ways it showing 0 rows.

Plz suggest me why my APEX class returning 0 rows for all objects which is worked through  salesforce.schema

Thx in adv,

Vishwa

Is there anyfeature available in Apex editor(not in IDE) for suggetsing the words related while typing? If available please help me to enable this feature.

Thx in adv,

Vish

Hi

Am unable draw borders for my page block table. Code:

<apex:page standardController="Address__c" wizard="true"
    recordSetVar="addrSet" renderAs="html">
    <apex:pageBlock title="PageBlock_001">
        <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!addrSet}" var="a" id="MyTable_001"
            columnsWidth="10px, 10px, 10px" frame="rhs" title="Table_001">
            <apex:column value="{!a.name}"/>
            <apex:column value="{!a.City__c}"/>
            <apex:column value="{!a.Mobile__c}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockTable>
    </apex:pageBlock>    
</apex:page>
I tried the above code multipletimes by passing frame="none", frame="box", frame="lhs". But the Page Plock table remaiined same in all cases. 
Whats the mistake i done?
Thx,
VNath

Hi,

Am trying to change the column width in a table. 

Code:

<apex:page standardController="Address__c" wizard="false"
    recordSetVar="addrSet">
    <apex:pageBlock >
        <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!addrSet}" var="a" 
            columnsWidth="10px, 10px, 10px">
            <apex:column value="{!a.name}" />
            <apex:column value="{!a.City__c}" />
            <apex:column value="{!a.Mobile__c}" />
The widths are remained same even though columns widths are: 100px/1000px/1opx or not used.
Is there any other attributes i need to pass?
Thx in adv,
VNath

Hi,

Before asking my question plz clarify:

UI behavior and Controlling behavior are not the same right?

I assumed both are not same.

I have a Custom Object: MyObj and an Apex Class: MyClass.

Now am trying to create a VF page with MyObj UI behavior and MyClass Controlling behavior. The code is:

<apex:page standardController="MyObj__c" controller=" MyClass">
But getting an error: Error: A custom and standard controller cannot be referenced in the same page
Why can't I use both Controllers in VF page?

Thx in adv,
VNath

Hi

I have a Custom Object MyObj with a tab.

When I created a VF page with the below code:

<apex:page standardController="delete3__c">
Then MyObj tab is highlighted with linking to the resulting page.
Can anyone please tell me is there any specific reason for the linking....
Thx in adv,
VNath

Hi,

Please correct my below two conclusions:

• We cannot create more than 1 Custom Object tab for same Custom Object.
  • We can create multiple Visualforce tabs for same Visualforce page.
Thx in advance,
VNath

Hi

I created a page : HelloWorld

code:

<apex:page showHeader="false" title="MyTitle">
  <h1>Hello World</h1>

But when I opened this page in the browser with the url: https://c.ap1.visual.force.com/apex/HelloWorld

The title not displayed! 

Can anyone please assist me to display the title.

Thx in adv,

VNath

Hi,

Am trying to create a Formula field in Student custom Object, where the value of this field should refer to a field in Progress custom Object. The Formula is:

{!Progress__c.Result__c}

but showing syntax error saying: Error: Field Progress__c does not exist. Check spelling.

Can any one please resolve the error!

Thnx in adv,

VNath

Hi 

Can any one plz tell me... Is there any limitation for the number of Master-Detail relationships for an object? 

Am unable to create a new Master-Detail relationship for an object where it is already having 2 Master-Detail relation ship fields.

Thx in advance,

VNath

Hi all,

In the 53 page of Force.com Developer pdf, there is a statement: 

"A Force Platform object cannot be the master in one relationship and the detail in another relationship."  But I can able to create an Object which is master in one relationship and detail in other relationship. 
Can any one plz solve the confusion?
Thx in advance,
VNath

Hi,

Can any one please guide me how to generate APEX classes for a third party webservice file.

Thx in advance,

-VNath

Hi

Am very new Apex code development using IDE. Am able to save the files locally. But Unable to save the files to the server.  Showing an error: 

- File only saved locally, not to server
- Save error: Unable to perform save on all files: com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata$JaxbAccessorF_fullName cannot be 
cast to com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor

- File only saved locally, not to server

- Save error: Unable to perform save on all files: com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata$JaxbAccessorF_fullName cannot be  cast to com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor

All the credentials i have entered are correct. 

Please help...

Thanks in advance,

VNath

Hi,

Am unable to refresh any of the resources in the IDE from the server.

When am trying to refresh a page from the web, getting an Exception saying:

Unable to refresh resource 'MileaeExension.cls':
com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata$JaxbAccessorF_fullName cannot be cast to com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor

com.salesforce.ide.api.metadata.types.Metadata$JaxbAccessorF_fullName cannot be cast to com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.Accessor

Please assist to rectify the issue. 

Thanks in advance,

VNath

Hi

Can anyone please tell me the risks involved in the development and the usage of salesforce.com

Thanks in adv,

-VNath

Hi,

Can any one please tell me how to add a close case button or its functionality in my custom object "SDMK"? So that the customers can close cases. (Like Close Case button in Cases tab)

Thanks in adv,:smileyhappy:

-VNath

Hi,

I have two Customer Portals cp1,cp2 and two users user1, user2 both created from Contacts.

Am able to associate user1 to cp1. But when am trying to associate user2 to cp2, then when am registering from the cp2 showing an error: 

Your user profile is not associated with this service. Please contact your administrator for more information

The steps I followed are:

1. Created a Customer Portal cp1

2. Created a User user1 from Contact

3. user1 is registered for the Customer Portal cp1through login url of cp1.It worked fine.

4. upto this user1 is succefully associated to cp1 without any error.

5. Then i ceated a new Customer Portal cp2

6. Created a User user2 from Contact

7. But when the user2 is trying to register with cp2 through the login url of cp2, then am facing the error mentioned in red color

*user1 and user2 are having sepperate e-mail ids.

Can any one please guide me how to associate user2 to the Customer Portal cp2?

Thanks in advance,

-Vnath:smileyvery-happy:

Hi,

When a user is trying to access My Customer Portal using the login url at first time then am getting a mail saying:

The following error was encountered: The contact's account owner has no role

But both of us having a role. The user is added in my contact list and 

Allow Customer Portal Self-Registration is enabled.

Any suggestions are welcome...

Thanks in ad,

-Nath

Please answer for the below two questions to save my life:
1. Can anyone please tell me how to enable Multi-tenancy feature for an organization/custom tab in Salesforce?

2. I have an organization called Sales_Portal in Salesforce. Now I want to offer Sales_Portal as a service(i.e. as   a SaaS) to two companies comp1 & comp2. Please guide me a step by step process to achieve this. Also provide necessary resources for offering an application in Salesforce as a SaaS to various customers

-Nath

Hi,

Can any one please tell me how to store the input data supplied through text fileds of a Visualforce page into the salesforce databse...

Any suggestions are welcome...

Thanks in adv,

-Nath

Hi,

Am unable to refresh any of the resources in the IDE from the server.

When am trying to refresh a page from the web, getting an Exception saying:

Please assist to rectify the issue. 

Thanks in advance,

VNath

SOQL queries from APEX code is always returning 0 rows for any Custom Object. Not showing any errors or exceptions simply it is showing as 0 rows. However the same query is returning several rows. I ran the APEX class from Force.com website and through IDE but from both the ways it showing 0 rows.

Plz suggest me why my APEX class returning 0 rows for all objects which is worked through  salesforce.schema

Thx in adv,

Vishwa

Hi

Am unable draw borders for my page block table. Code:

<apex:page standardController="Address__c" wizard="true"
    recordSetVar="addrSet" renderAs="html">
    <apex:pageBlock title="PageBlock_001">
        <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!addrSet}" var="a" id="MyTable_001"
            columnsWidth="10px, 10px, 10px" frame="rhs" title="Table_001">
            <apex:column value="{!a.name}"/>
            <apex:column value="{!a.City__c}"/>
            <apex:column value="{!a.Mobile__c}"/>
I tried the above code multipletimes by passing frame="none", frame="box", frame="lhs". But the Page Plock table remaiined same in all cases. 
Whats the mistake i done?
Thx,
VNath

Hi,

Am trying to change the column width in a table. 

Code:

<apex:page standardController="Address__c" wizard="false"
    recordSetVar="addrSet">
    <apex:pageBlock >
        <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!addrSet}" var="a" 
            columnsWidth="10px, 10px, 10px">
            <apex:column value="{!a.name}" />
            <apex:column value="{!a.City__c}" />
            <apex:column value="{!a.Mobile__c}" />
The widths are remained same even though columns widths are: 100px/1000px/1opx or not used.
Is there any other attributes i need to pass?
Thx in adv,
VNath

Hi 

Can any one plz tell me... Is there any limitation for the number of Master-Detail relationships for an object? 

Am unable to create a new Master-Detail relationship for an object where it is already having 2 Master-Detail relation ship fields.

Thx in advance,

VNath

Hi all,

In the 53 page of Force.com Developer pdf, there is a statement: 

"A Force Platform object cannot be the master in one relationship and the detail in another relationship."  But I can able to create an Object which is master in one relationship and detail in other relationship. 
Can any one plz solve the confusion?
Thx in advance,
VNath

Hi,

Can any one please guide me how to generate APEX classes for a third party webservice file.

Thx in advance,

-VNath

We currently have a opening for  "Salesforce.com (SFDC) Developer, with 2-3yrs experience" at our Bangalore Office.  Appreciate if you could send us your updated resume with the current CTC and also do refer your friends or colleagues with this skill set for this below position.
Skills Required :
- APEX triggers
- S-Control
- VisualForce
- Email Services
- Some Java and C++, .net Dev exp.
- API
- Webservices

Thanks and Regards,

Description: The Force.com platform is the most scalable, secure and popular on-demand platform in the world today. You can develop and instantaneously deploy applications without any infrastructure - 100% on-demand. We are seeking a highly motivated and creative individual ready to drive our customers to creating excellent applications on the Force.com platform. If you seek to join our talented, highly innovative team to enhance the Developer, Customer, and Partner user experience, this might be the perfect fit for you.

Responsibilities:

• Assist third-party developers to troubleshoot their integration with salesforce.com APIs, Apex, Visualforce and implementation

of other salesforce.com developer products. This will involve debugging, troubleshooting, and taking

responsibility to see that the issue is fully resolved.

• Write sample code, client libraries, and contribute to Open Source projects.
  •  The Developer Support Engineer will take the initiative to create knowledge base materials dedicated

towards operational efficiency while also empowering and enabling the developer community.

Required Skills/Experience:

• BA/BS degree in a technical field preferred with a strong academic record.
  • 3+ years engineering / programming work experience.
  • Visualforce and Apex code experience
  • Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
  • Solid knowledge of XML, preferably experience using server-to-server web services (SOAP)
  • Solid programming abilities in one or more of the following languages: Java, PHP, Python, Ruby,

.NET, JavaScript and Perl.

• Some APIs also require strong AJAX web application development experience and knowledge of browser

compatibility issues.

• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
  • Solid understanding of Internet technologies: firewalls, web servers, web proxy servers, etc.
  • Understanding of database concepts and data management (RDBMS) and SQL

Desired Skills/Experience:

• Previous experience with Salesforce.com CRM and its technologies.
  • Experience as a committer in an Open Source project is a plus.

If interested, please contact me hiring manager Greg Walker  gregwalker@salesforce.com or call him @ 650-653-4516

• May 05, 2010

Hello,

I am working as a Force.com developer from last few years and now realizing that its very important for developers to get certified because many organizations and clients prefer certified developers.

When I was searching for the SalesForce certification related stuff for developers for me and my team I found following useful links. Might be useful for the others too

This is what I found, but its not complete. Provide more links and sample questions if you have.Thanks in advance

Lanading page for certifications

Look at the bottom of the page for the study guides for varios exam types and levels.
http://www.salesforce.com/services-training/training_certification/certification/ 

For developer certification

http://www.salesforce.com/services-training/training_certification/developer/

Video Trainings from SalesForce
Following link has video traings provided by SalesForce
http://www.salesforce.com/services-training/training_certification/online/

However SalesForce also offers premier training material but which is paid, One can apply for it by clicking a link given at the bottom of the above url page.

More Links

Following site offers you more material and guide lines for the certification related stuff for free.

http://forcecertified.com/certifications/

This give you detailed information about the overall schema for the developer examination levels
http://forcecertified.com/category/certified-developer/
http://forcecertified.com/category/certified-advanced-developer/

More Video training material
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=325668840

Certification Blog
This also has some sample questions
http://mysalesforcecode.blogspot.com/2009/03/developer-401-forcecom-exam-tips.html

If you have more material or want to share any information or have any queris feel free to contact me @ rohit.marathe@trekbin.com

Hi,

Can any one please tell me how to add a close case button or its functionality in my custom object "SDMK"? So that the customers can close cases. (Like Close Case button in Cases tab)

-VNath

Hi,

I have two Customer Portals cp1,cp2 and two users user1, user2 both created from Contacts.

Am able to associate user1 to cp1. But when am trying to associate user2 to cp2, then when am registering from the cp2 showing an error: 

Your user profile is not associated with this service. Please contact your administrator for more information

The steps I followed are:

1. Created a Customer Portal cp1

2. Created a User user1 from Contact

3. user1 is registered for the Customer Portal cp1through login url of cp1.It worked fine.

4. upto this user1 is succefully associated to cp1 without any error.

5. Then i ceated a new Customer Portal cp2

6. Created a User user2 from Contact

7. But when the user2 is trying to register with cp2 through the login url of cp2, then am facing the error mentioned in red color

*user1 and user2 are having sepperate e-mail ids.

Can any one please guide me how to associate user2 to the Customer Portal cp2?

Thanks in advance,

-Vnath:smileyvery-happy:

Hi,

I have an organization called Sales Portal in Salesforce.com. This Sales Portal consists of 5 tabs. Now i want to make this Sales Portal as multi tenant. Am using Developers Edition.Is it possible to make an organization as multi tenant in Developers Edition account? If not.. plz suggest me an edition which supports for making an organization as multitenant.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

-Nath

Hi,

I have an organization called Sales Portal in Salesforce.com. This Sales Portal consists of 5 tabs. Now i want to make this Sales Portal as multi tenant. Can any one please tell me how to make an organization in Salesforce as multitenant.

Am using Developers Edition.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

-Nath

Hi,

when i ran the command to generate java api for my wsdl file, Getting errors:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
        at org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.class$(LogFactory.java:45)
        at org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory$1.run(LogFactory.java:45)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.getLogFactory(LogFactory.java:41)
        at org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.<clinit>(LogFactory.java:33)
        at org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectResourceBundle.<clinit>(ProjectResourceBundle.java:53)
        at org.apache.axis.i18n.MessagesConstants.<clinit>(MessagesConstants.java:32)
        at org.apache.axis.utils.Messages.<clinit>(Messages.java:36)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java.<clinit>(WSDL2Java.java:112)

The command i used is: java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java Student.wsdl

The jar files i included are:

activation.jar

axis.jar

axis-ant.jar

axis-schema.jar

commons-discovery-0.2.jar

commons-logging-1.0.4 .jar

jaxrpc.jar

log4j-1.2.8.jar

log4j.properties

mail.jar

saaj.jar

sfdc.jar

wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar

Can any one please guide me how to generate the API succesfully

Thanks in adv,

-Vissu

While Installing Apex plugin in Eclipse 3.3.2, getting an error saying"Network Connection Problems Encountered During Search"

I followed the procedure given in http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Force.com_IDE_Installation_for_Eclipse_3.3.x

Please suggest is  how to rectify this error or please suggest me other way to install Apex plugin in Eclipse.

Hi All,

How to insert a record to custom object using soql query object from the API.

Thanks in advance.
Aravind