• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I want to display a custom number field on the Opportunity Product selection screen.  We put in the Opportunity QTY on the Opportunity and default it to each Opportunity Product.  However, for exceptions I want the user to be able to enter that QTY when entering the Product, and not have to create the Product line item and then go back and edit the Opportunity Product line item - which seems to be the only way of seeing / editing custom fields on the Opportunity Product.

I have the logic and formulas all worked out, I just want to display the custom number field during the initial data entry, so they just have to go do it once.

Thanks,
-J
  • December 01, 2008
Is there a way of adding to the default Member Status values globally?
I know I can add new member status for each campaign by the Advanced Setup button but since we have the same additional values we want to add to ALL our campaigns, I was hoping I could have a list of 5 versus the two standard ones.
  • November 12, 2008
Is there a way of displaying a "friendly url" (hiding the url behind some text) in the url field instead of the actual LONG url string?
  • November 10, 2008
Hello,

I want to display a custom number field on the Opportunity Product selection screen.  We put in the Opportunity QTY on the Opportunity and default it to each Opportunity Product.  However, for exceptions I want the user to be able to enter that QTY when entering the Product, and not have to create the Product line item and then go back and edit the Opportunity Product line item - which seems to be the only way of seeing / editing custom fields on the Opportunity Product.

I have the logic and formulas all worked out, I just want to display the custom number field during the initial data entry, so they just have to go do it once.

Thanks,
-J
  • December 01, 2008
Hello
I have a very complex step of calculations that refer to each other in sequence. This is causing problems as the total length of the formula has to be less than 5000 characters and Salesforce support are saying that even though there's no way 5000 characters in all the formulae, it all adds up in some complicated way.

I'm trying to calculate an organisation's membership fee which is based on:

Base fee =
IF(ISPICKVAL( Membership_Category__c,"A"),(110+Unrestricted_funds__c*0.0002),
IF(ISPICKVAL( Membership_Category__c,"B"),(230+Unrestricted_funds__c*0.0002),
IF(ISPICKVAL( Membership_Category__c,"C"),(500 +Unrestricted_funds__c*0.0002),
IF(ISPICKVAL( Membership_Category__c,"D"),(875+Unrestricted_funds__c*0.0002),
IF(ISPICKVAL( Membership_Category__c,"E"), (2175+Unrestricted_funds__c*0.0002),
IF(ISPICKVAL( Membership_Category__c,"F"),(3800+Unrestricted_funds__c*0.0002),
IF(ISPICKVAL( Membership_Category__c,"G"), (4500+Unrestricted_funds__c*0.0002),0)))))))

Distance from London adjustment =
IF(ISPICKVAL(Distance_From_London__c,"M25-150m"),( base_fee__c *0.95),
IF(ISPICKVAL(Distance_From_London__c,"150-300m"),(base_fee__c *0.90),
IF(ISPICKVAL(Distance_From_London__c,">300m"),( base_fee__c *0.85),base_fee__c )))

Application period adjustment =
IF(ISPICKVAL(  Application_Period__c , "April-June"), ( Distance_from_london_amount__c -  Agreed_Additional_Discount_Amount__c ),
IF(ISPICKVAL(  Application_Period__c , "July-Sept"), ( Distance_from_london_amount__c * 0.75 -  Agreed_Additional_Discount_Amount__c ),
IF(ISPICKVAL(  Application_Period__c , "Oct-Dec"), ( Distance_from_london_amount__c * 0.5 - Agreed_Additional_Discount_Amount__c ),
IF(ISPICKVAL(  Application_Period__c , "Jan-March"), ( Distance_from_london_amount__c * 0.25 - Agreed_Additional_Discount_Amount__c ), Distance_from_london_amount__c ))))

As you can see, the three formulae are no where near 5000 characters long, but checking the syntax on the third formula says that there are over 22,000 characters....

So, the only thing I can think of is creating a field that isn't a formula, but simply copies the result from the Base Fee calculation fee as this would reset the character count. But I don't know how to do this.

Is there a bit of code I can use to pull the info from one field into another?

Thanks
Nicole
I currently have only one web-to-lead campaign working right now.  I wanted to see how others managed leads that may be created by internal users. 

The situation is that we have a service organization and a sales organization and our service organization may create leads for the sales org.  When they create these, they currently don't follow assignment rules.  How are other people managing these, are they just using workflow rules?
  • November 28, 2008
Is there a way of displaying a "friendly url" (hiding the url behind some text) in the url field instead of the actual LONG url string?
  • November 10, 2008