• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I want to write a query in this way
SELECT Id, Name__c FROM SubCategory__c where CategoryId__r.Id IN (SELECT Id FROM EmissionCategory__c where SourceId__r.Id ='a0N80000000d496EAA')

but IN is not working fine.
I want to avoid the for loop.
Can anyone suggest me how shall i proceed

• November 18, 2008
Hi all,

I have been trying to convert a lookup field to master detail relation field, while we were changing the field type we encountered an error message saying
"There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "Generic Exception Creator".

We also tried creating a new Master-Detail Field instead of converting the existing one, but in this case we encountered the following error message
"You cannot create a new Master-Detail relationship on an existing custom object if records already exist. You must first create a Lookup relationship, populate the lookup field with data in all records, and then change the relationship type to Master-Detail. "
Then we made a lookup field and populated all the recods with value in that field and then tried converting it to Master-Detail Relation but again encountered the first error message..
"There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "Generic Exception Creator".

We have also deleted all the reports which use that lookup Field but still were'nt able to change it to Master Detail Relation
If any one has any knowledge regarding the same, Please do let us know.

Thanks in Advance,
Bharat.