• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

I am looking for someone to put a UI on my custom force.com application. In the near future, we are going to be using force.com sites as a way to share part of our application with our partners and we are looking for someone that can put a face on our application. Please get in touch if you are interested and we can discuss further.

Thanks

Chris

Message Edited by chrisforce on 01-28-2009 09:50 AM
We are seeking proposal for the following:

Application that creates HIT's on the Amazon Mechanical Turk Web service.

http://aws.amazon.com/mturk/#bus-case

The application would integrate Amazon's Mechanical Turk Web Service into our existing custom application.

Use case
Every morning, we need to send eligible HITs to the web service. A process will need to fire each morning at a predetermined time, that queries our data and gets all HITs eligible to be sent for that day. The application will batch these up and send them to the AMT web service.

That is the only use case we want to look at currently. Based on the success of this, we would be willing to consider a more tighter integration with the web service in order to perform more use cases which would result in more development. We would like to start out small and grow into this over time.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Ok community... Sink your teeth into this one!

Overview:

Company A needs to get data to Company C, but Company C's information system doesn't like the data that comes out of Company A's information system. On top of that, Company A's data changes all the time and Company C needs to get an updated version of this data once a week. In most cases, Company C only wants the data that has changed. Also, Company A doesn't always have all of the data that Company C requires to make it's systems and processes work properly. And neither company has the technical resources to make the data transfer work for both of them.

Enter Company B

Company A sends it's data to Company B who in turn gets it in shape to be sent to Company C.

There are 75+ ways a record at Company A can change. Any one or any combo of these changes needs to result in a particular action or multiple actions being taken with that record.

So Company A sends an initial export file to Company B to get things started. Then a week later, Company A sends the same export file to Company B, only this time it contains all of the changes that have occurred to the data over the last week.

Company B analyzes each record to look for changes between the initial record and the new record. Based on the findings, Company B will do several things to the records.

It could:
- Modify the data in the record , adding to it or taking away from it.
- Add the record to a report
- Take the record off of a report
- Reference an older version of the same record to get data from it to use somehow
- Do some calculations
- Etc Etc...

Company B is doing all of these things to each record on behalf of Company A because Company B knows very well how Company C likes to get its data. Once Company B has finished getting Company A's data in the right shape for Company C, it packages it all up in a file that Company C can use to import into it's information system without any problems. Company B also sends along some reports to let Company C know what changed with the data.

Now for the big question!

Can this application be created on the force.com platform using the declarative tool set and minor coding? And can this application be used and maintained by relatively non technical personnel?

Thanks for reading

Chris
Hi. I am a developer myself, just not a very good one. I am looking for someone who would be interested in acting as an "on-demand" instructor to help me (while teaching me at the same time) get past my hurdles during my application development. We could settle on an hourly rate and you could bill me for time spent. I would even entertain the idea of a small retainer to get you started.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris
Curious about how the data loader would handle the following scenario while performing an update/upsert:

Lets assume we have a custom object that's full of data and we are going to use the data loader to perform an update/upsert on this data. What if there is a record in our new data file and an identical record in the object we want to update/upsert.

Does the data loader overwrite this record, even though there are no changes to the record, or does it skip this record, because there are no changes to it, and move on to the next record?

Also, would it be safe to say, that if the record is skipped because there is no changes, that no workflows would be fired?

Thanks

CR

Hi.

Cant get to any of the docs that require a DFC login (ex. cookbook, library, etc). I am a DFC member but when i attempt to log in, i get an error. I have been getting this error for weeks thinking it would be fixed. Does anyone have these docs they could email me?

Thanks

Chris

Remember the good ole days of programing when you could define the values of a drop down that were passed when the submit form button was clicked.... when you actually had to write the code?? Not that I want to go back to those days, because I am not that good at writing code, but I wish I could for this particular issue.

I need to display a category drop down list to my user, but associate a different string of data with their selection and store it for later use.

Example:

Inventory Control App

Add Item > Choose Item Category
User has to choose a category for the item they are entering into the inventory control app.
Category > household items
But I need to associate that category name with a predetermined URL string for later use.

so "household items" = http://www.someurl.com/pagename

any ideas on how to do that with the force.com builder tools??

Thanks

Chris

Hi. I am a developer myself, just not a very good one. I am looking for someone who would be interested in acting as an "on-demand" instructor to help me (while teaching me at the same time) get past my hurdles during my application development. We could settle on an hourly rate and you could bill me for time spent. I would even entertain the idea of a small retainer to get you started.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris
Hi.

Cant get to any of the docs that require a DFC login (ex. cookbook, library, etc). I am a DFC member but when i attempt to log in, i get an error. I have been getting this error for weeks thinking it would be fixed. Does anyone have these docs they could email me?

Thanks

Chris