• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello-
           I have a WSDL file for my Apex class. I don't know how to create client stubs out of this WSDL.

Please give me a step by step procedure to create client stubs for the WSDL file. It will be more helpful for me if guided along with code.

cheers,
-Nath

I have  a custom object Student__c & an html page Student_Entry.html

Student__c has two fields: Admission_Number__c & Student_Name__c
Student_Entry.html page has two text fields Admn_num & stud_name and a Submit button.

Suppose when a user fills the form and click Submit button then i want to insert a new record into the Student__c
object with the details taken from the form.

Plesae suggest me a step by step approach to achieve this. If possible suggest me resources too...

Thanks in advance,
-Nath
Hello Members-

Can i able to insert a new record into a custom object using triggers and classes?(There are two custom objects Admission__c, Student__c. Defined a trigger on Admission__c. when this trigger is fired on Admission__c object i want to insert a new record into Student__c). Is it possible or not?

If possible, please guide me the way to write the code.

Thanks,
-Nath
Few Sql queries are not working while writing SOQL statements:
NOW()
CURDATE()
CURTIME()
DATE()

Can any one please provide an alternate way to achieve Date functionality.

Thanks,
-Nath
Hi,
       Can anyone tell what is the use of ofline2.0 edition and also provide useful resources about offline2.0

-Nath
Are there any third-party tools to import external database schema into Salesforce.com platform? or does it support such tools?

If "yes", please inform me

Thanks in advance

Message Edited by cherial on 12-10-2008 02:20 AM
Is there any way to import external database schema into Salesforce.com platform?

If possible please guide me how to import.

Thanks,
-Nath
I have two html files and each file consisted several Text fields, buttons, check boxes.

Question: I want to include all the fields that available in html files in separate tabs. I tried with web tab but this is not the actual way to achieve.
Since 3 days am trying to embed an html page as a tab in my organization. But i can't do this finally. :smileysad:

can any one assist me to figure out the problem.:

I want to embed an html page(it is an application form having several text boxes, lists, buttons and this html page was created by me) as a tab in my SFDC organization. So when i clicked the tab... it should be display all the components of the html page.

Prior Thanks,
-Nath             :smileyhappy
I have a samp_obj Object which is having several records. Amount is one of the fields of each record of the samp_obj records array.                      
         I am trying to update the value of Amount filed with -99999 in each record of the array when a new record is inserted or existing record is updated. Below are the class and trigger code:

Class:
public class samps_tab_prac2 {
    public static void m1(samp_obj__c[] s1){
                                                                         Integer i;
                                                                         for(i=0;i<s1.Size();i++)
                                                                            {
                                                                                  s1[5].Amount__c=-99999;
                                                                             }
                                                                      }
                                                   }

Trigger:

trigger samps_tab_trig2 on samp_obj__c (before update, before insert) {
                                                                                                                              samp_obj__c[] s1=trigger.new;   
                                                                                                                              samps_tab_prac2.m1(s1);
                                                                                                                              }

These both codes are compiled and saved successful.

But when a record is inserted or updated through Salesforce website. Getting an Error:

Error: Invalid Data.
                                        Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger samps_tab_trig2 caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: samps_tab_trig2: execution of BeforeInsert caused by: System.ListException: List
                                 index out of bounds: 5: Class.samps_tab_prac2.m1: line 7, column 20

Please tell me a way to rectify the error.

Thanks in advance
-Nath

I have created a tab(Custom Object) whose details are:

Singular Label    AccountDetails    
Plural Label    AccountDetails    
Object Name    AccountDetails    
API Name    AccountDetails__c

I created a class and defined a method  addHelloWorld(AccountDetails__c[] accs) and it is saved successfully.

Then i defined a trigger:

trigger helloWorldAccountDetailsTrigger on AccountDetails__c (before insert) {

AccountDetails__c[] accs = Trigger.new;

MyHelloWorld.addHelloWorld(accs);
}

While saving the trigger getting an error: Error: Compile Error: Incorrect SObject type: AccountDetails__c should be Account at line 1 column 1

Please any one suggest me how to rectify this error.

Thanks in advance
cheers,
Nath
Hello Members-

Can i able to insert a new record into a custom object using triggers and classes?(There are two custom objects Admission__c, Student__c. Defined a trigger on Admission__c. when this trigger is fired on Admission__c object i want to insert a new record into Student__c). Is it possible or not?

If possible, please guide me the way to write the code.

Thanks,
-Nath
I have two html files and each file consisted several Text fields, buttons, check boxes.

Question: I want to include all the fields that available in html files in separate tabs. I tried with web tab but this is not the actual way to achieve.
Let me start by stating that while I can figure out what code does, I am by no means a programmer. 

We have a custom object (SVMXP__Service_Group__c) that has around 2,000 records in it.  These records almost never get updated, but they have a checkbox that needs to be unchecked when a date field expires.  There is currently a workflow for this, but if I understand those correctly they only fire when a record is updated which doesn't happen.  I'd like to make a little script that I could call with cronkit which would just check if the date field is less than today and if so change the checkbox.

The object is SVMXP__Service_Group__c
the field to change from true to false is SVMXP__Active__c
the field to check if the date is less than today is PolicyExp__c

I have some documents on apex, but I am overwhelmed right now.  It's simple in my mind, but I don't know enough to get anything going.
  • December 02, 2008
I have created a tab(Custom Object) whose details are:

Singular Label    AccountDetails    
Plural Label    AccountDetails    
Object Name    AccountDetails    
API Name    AccountDetails__c

I created a class and defined a method  addHelloWorld(AccountDetails__c[] accs) and it is saved successfully.

Then i defined a trigger:

trigger helloWorldAccountDetailsTrigger on AccountDetails__c (before insert) {

AccountDetails__c[] accs = Trigger.new;

MyHelloWorld.addHelloWorld(accs);
}

While saving the trigger getting an error: Error: Compile Error: Incorrect SObject type: AccountDetails__c should be Account at line 1 column 1

Please any one suggest me how to rectify this error.

Thanks in advance
cheers,
Nath
There are a number of "special" files that must be located in the web root of a public website including:

/robots.txt - Controls web search engine behaviors
/favicon.ico - Icon for website

There doesn't appear to be any way to specify the values for these files. Salesforce has provided a default robots.txt which prevents search engine indexing, but production orgs will need the ability to override this file. Also the location of favicon.ico can be set using meta tags, but the default location is still used by some older browsers, so there should be a way to assign an image to this file. I would hope these two issues could be addressed before production roll out.

George