• 0 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

As my number of objects have grown I've seen some of them show up in the Maildrop interface as linkable but I don't know what controls which objects are available.  My issue is that one that I want to link to is not in the list and I want it added.

Thanks 

I use the following custom button OnClick Javascript code to pass some values and create a new Case from a Contract.

var CaseURL = "/500/e?CF00N70000002BrKD={!Contract.ContractNumber}&CF00N70000002BrKD_lkid={!Contract.Id}&cas4_lkid={!Contract.AccountId}&cas4={!Contract.Account}&cas5=Maintenance%20Request%20RMA&retURL=%2F{!Contract.Id}";
parent.frames.location.replace(CaseURL);

The code does exactly what it's supposed to do but when a value for Account is passed through that has an ampersand in it everything after the ampersand is left off ex. "Jack & Jill" becomes "Jack".  When you save everything it is corrected since the ID was properly assigned but I'd sure like to not have my users alarmed when they see the name botched.

So far I've tried to surround {!Contract.Account} with single (%27) and double quotes (%22) but all that does is put a single or double quote in front of the value.

Thanks much.
I am a salesforce consultant that is considering the MacBook Pro instead of another PC.  Can anyone on this board enlighten me on why I should or should not do this? I hear so many great things about the Macbook and I have kicked the tires in the Apple Store.  I'm just curious what your thoughts are?

Hello,

i am new to SalesForce and i am trying to create a custom object for example sales order and it's detail line items? i think it requires two objects, but how do i link them and create a data structure like:

SalesOrder     Item#

00001           ProductA

00001           ProductB

all in the same window.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Can you please explain how I can create a field in the Contact Details page called Account Type that will be able to display the content of Account Type from the Account Details record.

Jay
  • December 11, 2008
Hi there,

I upload some images & javascript files to Static Resource section. However when I try to access those resource in my S-Control by {!$Resource.resource_name}, it gives me a syntax error saying it does not exist. Do we allow to use Static Resource in our S-Control? If so, what did I do wrong? What is the correct way? Please help, and thanks in advance.
  • December 08, 2008
I use the following custom button OnClick Javascript code to pass some values and create a new Case from a Contract.

var CaseURL = "/500/e?CF00N70000002BrKD={!Contract.ContractNumber}&CF00N70000002BrKD_lkid={!Contract.Id}&cas4_lkid={!Contract.AccountId}&cas4={!Contract.Account}&cas5=Maintenance%20Request%20RMA&retURL=%2F{!Contract.Id}";
parent.frames.location.replace(CaseURL);

The code does exactly what it's supposed to do but when a value for Account is passed through that has an ampersand in it everything after the ampersand is left off ex. "Jack & Jill" becomes "Jack".  When you save everything it is corrected since the ID was properly assigned but I'd sure like to not have my users alarmed when they see the name botched.

So far I've tried to surround {!Contract.Account} with single (%27) and double quotes (%22) but all that does is put a single or double quote in front of the value.

Thanks much.
Details of the new features, and download info.
http://www.pocketsoap.com/weblog/2008/11/1832.html

Feedback welcome.
According to SFDC Support Task Record Types is not compatible with Connect for Outlook.  Does anyone have any further insite on this?  For example is this limitation documented some place?  Does anyone have a work around?

Thanks

Mark