• Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi everyone,

My users are used to adding a "Date Completed" to their cases, but they forget to actually close the case.  I could go about this in one of two ways:

OPTION 1: Create a validation rule whereby if the "Date Completed" exists, then the Case Stage must be set to Closed.

OPTION 2: If a Date Completed exists, the the Case Stage automatically moves to Closed.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

SFDC lists WON:SUM / CLOSED:SUM as the Custom Formula for calculating the Win-Loss percentage based on Record Count, but our percentage is very different if the Win-Loss percentage is based on the VALUE of opportunities.

Does anyone have any suggestions for building the Win-Loss percentage based on summarized opportunity values (i.e. VALUE of WON opportunities / VALUE of all opportunities).

I'm at a total loss and would really appreciate any help. 

Thanks. 

Hi there,

I'm trying to build a number of Custom Summary Formulas that would calculate the percentage of a summarized total to the overal total, but I'm not getting anywhere. And, unfortunately, SFDC Technical Support doesn't support Custom Summary Formulas.

Some examples:

1) I have the formula for a Win-Loss Percentage based on number (#) of Opportunities Won/ Total Opportunities Closed, but I cannot figure out this same formula based on the Value ($) of the Opportunities.

2) We are tracking yes/no values in one of our custom objects and I want to calculate the percentage of "Yes"/ Total Responses.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to build these formulas?  Or can anyone point me in the direction of resources that are not in the SFDC Help Section (which aren't overly useful).

Thanks in advance!

Jennifer 

Hi everyone,

My users are used to adding a "Date Completed" to their cases, but they forget to actually close the case.  I could go about this in one of two ways:

OPTION 1: Create a validation rule whereby if the "Date Completed" exists, then the Case Stage must be set to Closed.

OPTION 2: If a Date Completed exists, the the Case Stage automatically moves to Closed.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

SFDC lists WON:SUM / CLOSED:SUM as the Custom Formula for calculating the Win-Loss percentage based on Record Count, but our percentage is very different if the Win-Loss percentage is based on the VALUE of opportunities.

Does anyone have any suggestions for building the Win-Loss percentage based on summarized opportunity values (i.e. VALUE of WON opportunities / VALUE of all opportunities).

I'm at a total loss and would really appreciate any help. 

Thanks. 

Hi there,

I'm trying to build a number of Custom Summary Formulas that would calculate the percentage of a summarized total to the overal total, but I'm not getting anywhere. And, unfortunately, SFDC Technical Support doesn't support Custom Summary Formulas.

Some examples:

1) I have the formula for a Win-Loss Percentage based on number (#) of Opportunities Won/ Total Opportunities Closed, but I cannot figure out this same formula based on the Value ($) of the Opportunities.

2) We are tracking yes/no values in one of our custom objects and I want to calculate the percentage of "Yes"/ Total Responses.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to build these formulas?  Or can anyone point me in the direction of resources that are not in the SFDC Help Section (which aren't overly useful).

Thanks in advance!

Jennifer 

I have a custom object notes, which has 3 lookup fields (Projects, Contacts, Accounts).  I am trying to use a formula to auto-populate the Account lookup field based on the information in the Contact field, but I have been unsuccessful so far.  My formula for the account field is pretty simple:
Company (text) =
Contact__r.Account.Name

But this is not working.  Is there any way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?  I am limited to whatever is in professional edition but I am not opposed to doing any type of code writing. 

Thanks!