• 25 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I made the mistake of clicking on the "Start DB Replication Monitor" button just to see what would happen, now Apex Explorer refuses to start. I get the following error when I attempt to login "ApexExplorer8.0.exe has stopped working."

I have uninstalled/reinstalled Apex Explorer a couple of  times after deleting whatever temp files I could find. I must be missing something though because even after reinstalling, it manages to find my default login/password from somewhere, and the replication monitor button is still clicked.

Where is this startup profile hiding?

Thanks!
BIll
  • December 23, 2008
This seems like it should be uber simple but I've been having trouble.  I have a custom object (Quotation) tied to Opportunity and would like to put a custom button on the opportunity page layout which creates a new quotation request.  It would pre-populate most quotation fields and open 1 field up for user input ... Upon save a new quotation record would be create and cancel should send the user back to the opportunity form.

The button with a custom url calling a VF page works fine and I can display / modify an existing record but I'm not sure about creating a new record.

Any help would be appreciated.  I'm a newb with regards to Apex/VisualForce so the more basic the instructions the better :).
  • December 03, 2008
I made the mistake of clicking on the "Start DB Replication Monitor" button just to see what would happen, now Apex Explorer refuses to start. I get the following error when I attempt to login "ApexExplorer8.0.exe has stopped working."

I have uninstalled/reinstalled Apex Explorer a couple of  times after deleting whatever temp files I could find. I must be missing something though because even after reinstalling, it manages to find my default login/password from somewhere, and the replication monitor button is still clicked.

Where is this startup profile hiding?

Thanks!
BIll
  • December 23, 2008
I have the following VF page.

Code:
<apex:page id="AddServiceCallTask" standardController="Service_Call_Task__c" extensions="extServiceCallTask">
    <apex:form >
      <apex:pageBlock title="New Service Call Task" mode="edit">
            <apex:pageBlockButtons >
                <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
            </apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Service Call Task Information">
                <apex:inputField ID="ServiceCallNumber" value="{!Service_Call_Task__c.Service_Call__c}">{!strSCN}</apex:inputField>
            </apex:pageBlockSection>
      </apex:pageBlock>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

And the following extension

Code:
public class extServiceCallTask {

public string strSCN {get;set;}

public extServiceCallTask(ApexPages.StandardController controller) {
        PageReference pageRef = ApexPages.currentPage();
        Map<String, String> pageParameters = pageRef.getParameters();
        strSCN = pageParameters.get('SCN');
    }
}

The extension outputs the parameter ( {!strSCN} ) underneath the inputfield (under the part where a value would be typed)  instead of setting it as the default value for the field.  The inputField references a lookup field.

There are several places where I need to use this functionality.  What am I doing wrong?