• 25 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

When using Axis API to send xsd:time or xsd:base64Binary type data in a SOAP call, there is a org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement class, I need to call its 'setObjectValue(Object newValue)' method to set the value for a element node. 

If this 'Object newValue' is in Java boolean type, then the element will be created as the xsd:boolean. But for now, I do not know what Java type is used for representing xsd:time and xsd:base64Binary. I looked up the Internet and tried for xsd:time to use java.sql.Time, but failed, the API call convered the created java.sql.Time to java.Util.Date, then the created element node is in the type of xsd:datetime.

Could any one give some advice on this, thanks!

I read the Primitive Data Types section in Chapter 2 of the Apex API 15 document. The type 'byte' has been mentioned. But I check the v15 Enterprise WSDL, and did not find the use of xsd:byte. 

So I would like to know, where does this 'byte' used in Apex API. Is it possible if I create a particular field on an sObject, and then the field with type 'xsd:byte' will appear in the Enterprise WSDL? 
  • January 29, 2009

If I use the 'limit' keyword in the query string as "Select Id from Account where Name='test' limit 1", will the query operation return immediately once it found a matched Account?

I am asking this because I would like to know if the query could be more efficient if I used the 'limit' keyword.

Message Edited by oneday on 01-29-2009 08:37 AM
  • January 29, 2009
I noticed that when calling Upsert operation, if I put a valid sObject Id in the Id field, and if the sObject withe external Id is existed, then it will update the sObject successfully. This give me a misconception that the sObject Id of this sObject has been updated. I looked up the document, and find no warning for this. So I wonder if Salesforce could modified the logic of this part, giving an error for this kind of situation?

Thanks
  • January 04, 2009
sorry, this is maybe a question not related to Salesforce. But I think here may have many experts.

I would like to know, in a xsd file, what should I do if I need to include schema definitions from the schema part of a WSDL file? Is there a way like ''?

Thanks
  • December 07, 2008

If I use the 'limit' keyword in the query string as "Select Id from Account where Name='test' limit 1", will the query operation return immediately once it found a matched Account?

I am asking this because I would like to know if the query could be more efficient if I used the 'limit' keyword.

Message Edited by oneday on 01-29-2009 08:37 AM
  • January 29, 2009

When using Axis API to send xsd:time or xsd:base64Binary type data in a SOAP call, there is a org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement class, I need to call its 'setObjectValue(Object newValue)' method to set the value for a element node. 

If this 'Object newValue' is in Java boolean type, then the element will be created as the xsd:boolean. But for now, I do not know what Java type is used for representing xsd:time and xsd:base64Binary. I looked up the Internet and tried for xsd:time to use java.sql.Time, but failed, the API call convered the created java.sql.Time to java.Util.Date, then the created element node is in the type of xsd:datetime.

Could any one give some advice on this, thanks!

I am doing some testing on my side.

I noticed that if I delete an Account, then the Contacts belong to it will also be deleted. But for custom sObject, the one with look-up field created on it, if I delete the parent sObject, the children attached to it seems not deleted.

Is this a difference between standard sObjects and custom sObjects?

I also found this in document:
"Lookup
This type of relationship links two objects together, but it has no effect on deletion, record ownership, or security"