• 50 Points
  • Member since 2008

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Does Roll Up Summary field supports formulas with expressions?

Thanks

Sankar

• November 02, 2009

Hi Friends,

I have a visual force page where i was displaying records with the field createdby.name. This was working for me before summer 12 release.

After i activated summer 12 release, createdby.name field does not show the value. The query have the value but when showing them in partner portal, it is not showing up.

If anyone have any idea on this issue please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi Friends,

When I try to accept the case records from the queue I am getting the following error message

"This profile is not setup to accept cases from queue"

I am already the member of the queue. The OWD is Private to the Case object.

My profile is having access to "Transfer Record" permission also having full access over case C, R, E, D, View All, Modify All.

But I still get the error while accepting the case from the queue.

Could anyone help me out in this issue???

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,

Elavarasan N.

• August 24, 2010

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement to count the no. of cases attached to an account.

We dont have have a roll-up summary field for this. So that i have created a trigger to do this (on Case object while insert, update, delete). It was working fine but later i fouint that while merging two accounts this case count is not getting updated. So that i have return on more trigger while updating an account so that i can get the correct case count.

But an account is having 1500 cases. While updating one of its cases its thrwing an error saying "too many query rows". While deactivate the trigger which return on account the updation happens without any error.

In the same way while updating 1000 account records at a time its throwing the same error. While deactivating the case trigger its working fine.

I am not able to understand this.

Please suggest me a way.

Trigger under account:

trigger updateNoOfCases on Account (after update) { try { for(Account accTemp : Trigger.new) { List<Case> caseList = new List<Case> (); caseList = [select id from Case where AccountId = :accTemp.Id]; if (accTemp.of_cases_attached__c != caseList.size()) { accTemp.of_cases_attached__c = caseList.size(); } } } }

Trigger on Case:

if(Trigger.isupdate) { List<Account> accountsWithCases= [select id, of_cases_attached__c, (select id from Cases) from Account where Id IN :Trigger.newMap.keySet() or Id In : Trigger.oldMap.keySet()]; for(Account a :accountsWithCases) { Integer count=0; for(Case caseObj : a.cases) { count++; } a.of_cases_attached__c=count; accObj.add(a); } update accObj; }

• December 08, 2009

Hi Friends,

I have written a trigger to update the "Total case attached(custom field on account)" to particular account.

Its working fine.

But for the existing accounts its not getting reflected.

So i have return one class to call from the Systemlog, so that it will go and update the account field.

But its saying like size exceed:1134 records. It seems like list can accomadate 1000 records.

Kindly give me a solution.

public class UpdateexistingAccountCaseRollup{ public static void updateAccountCases(){ List<Account> a = [select Id,of_cases_attached__c, service_location__c, (select Id from cases) from account]; List<Account> acc2=new List<account>(); for(Account acc : a) { List<Case> cases = acc.cases; acc.of_cases_attached__c = cases.size(); System.debug('***'+cases.size()); acc2.add(acc); } update acc2; } }

Thanks,

Ghilli.

• November 04, 2009

Hi Friends,

I have requirement like i need to repeat a list to show the label of the field in front end

While user select the field and save the data, only the api name of the field should get stored in DB.

Controller:

----------- 

List<String> fieldList = new List<String>(); 

Map<String, Schema.SObjectField> fMap = Schema.SObjectType.Account.fields.getMap();
         List<Schema.SObjectField> fTokens = fMap.values() ;

for( Integer i = 0 ; i < fTokens.size() ; i++ )
               {
                     Schema.DescribeFieldResult f = fTokens.get(i).getDescribe();
                     if( f.isAccessible())  { 
                      fieldList.add(f.getLabel());  
                     fieldList.add(f.getName()); 

}

VF Page:

----------

<apex:repeat value="{!matrix}" var="r" id="segId2">
            <td width="10%">
                 <apex:repeat value="{!r}" var="c" id="fldd">
                    <apex:inputCheckbox id="chk"  value="{!c}" onclick="return getValues(this,'{!$Component.fieldVal}','{!$Component.MarSeg}','{!$Component.hidd}');"/> <apex:outputLabel value="{!c}" id="fieldVal">
                    </apex:outputLabel>
                    <br />
                 </apex:repeat>

Here I need to use lable to display in the front end and while click save button i need to save button of the specific field into the DB.

Kindly suggest me a solution for this.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ghilli.

• October 23, 2009

Hi,

I have a requirement like this:

I have four record types for Opportunities. we can say RT1, RT2, RT3, RT4.

I have a field Type in Account object.

I need to display only 3 record types and want to hide the RT4 if the opportunity is created from the account whose type is not partner.

If oppty is created from the opportunity tab we can restrict through validation rule.

But when creating from the accout related list(whose type is not partner), i need to able to select only 3 record types rather than 4.

Please sugggest a way to do this.

Thanks,

Ghilli.

• October 07, 2009

Hi Friends,

I want to batch submit all of the forecasts which are owned by the salesrep(role based) and also i want to do this job for every one month period.

Can we schedule this through apex data loader????

If yes please tell met he way to do this.

If No please suggest me a way to do this task.

Thanks,

Ghilli.

• September 24, 2009

Hi Friends,

I am having 5 profiles in my developer account lets say profile 1, profile 2,..........profile 5.

I have given read, write permission for profile 1 on account object and only read permission for all other profiles from 2 to 5.

So that profile 1 user can able to add notes & attachments on account, others wont since they dont have the edit permission on accounts.

But profile 2 user need to add notes and attachments for an account. If i give edit permission for him, he will get edit permission for all other items in accounts. I want to give him access only to create notes and attachments.

Please tell me how to do this

also suggest me a solution for this requirement.

Thanks,

Ghilli.

• September 17, 2009

Hi Friends,

I am trying to integrate SAP with salesforce.

Please tell the way to do this using freewares.

Is there any tools or services provided by salesforce for this integration???

Also please tell me about "Integration as a Service" provided by salesforce.com?????

Please reply for this.

Thanks. 

• September 07, 2009
In the data loader, I am able to see the Translation(Record Type Translation) only, If I want to see custom and standard field label then which schema i need to choose?
  • August 31, 2009

Hi,

I have a scenario like this:

"Need to test how to do this: If SalesRep is in Station/Lettered Territory but Account is in Enterprise Terrotory, how do they make the Oppty territory get auto populated".

Please help me out in this to proceed further.

Its a critical requirement for my project.

Thanks,

Elavarasan.

• August 31, 2009

Test Territory Assignment - Accounts created by a Sales Rep who only has one territory should automatically be assigned to the reps territory. Please figure out how to make that work.

This is my project requirement .Can anyone tell me how to proceed with this .

Regards,

Ram

• August 31, 2009

Hi Friends,

I have one requirement in that if a Status check box is checked for a account, that account should not be edited by the user.

How to make this account as readonly.

Please guide me to do this.

Thanks.

Hi Friends,

IMAGE(
CASE(Marked_for_deletion__c,
"FALSE", "/img/samples/light_green.gif",
"TRUE", "/img/samples/light_red.gif",
"/s.gif"),
"Marked For Deletion Flag")

Here Marked_for_deletion__c is a checkbox. so i used TRUE and FALSE in the case functions.

But its showing error Like " Error: Incorrect argument type for function CASE(). "

Kindly help me out in this.

Thanks.

Hi All,

I have one requirement like i need to update the field 'Status'(custom field added to Account) to 'Yes' while attachment is added to the account. If no attachment is there under account the status to be changed to 'No'.

Kindly let me know where i need to trigger the event.

If we need to use Apex/VFPage, guide me to do that.

Thanks.

Hi Friends,

Kindly help me fo do this.

When i try to add a roll up summary field in account to count the cases, its showing the case object in the summarized object picklist.

So how to do this???

Trigger???

Thanks.

Hi Friends,

I need to disable the status picklist of the Oppurtunity standard object.

Kindly let me know how to do this.

Thanks.

Hi Friends,

I have one requirement like this.

I have once salesforce account, i am writing one apex class and generating the WSDL.

I need to use this WSDL to create a apex class in diff salesforce account.

After creating apex class from the WSDL what i need to do in order to access the method which is there in WSDL.

Regards,

Elavarasan N.

Hi Friends,

I have created one approval process on Oppourtunity object.

And I have set the initial submitter as record owner.

If i create a new opportunity record, its getting created. But i can not find the Submit for Approval button in the related list.

In fact i can not find the Approval history relationlist itself.

Thank you very much.

Hi Friends,

I have Eclipse, Apache Axis, Apache Tomcat server installed seperatly.

How to make an environment to develop web services using java with the above said tools.

How can i configure eclipse to write a web service using java and axis.

Kindly tell me the steps to configure the eclipse with WSDL and Axis.

Thank you.

• April 23, 2009

Hi Friends,

I have a visual force page where i was displaying records with the field createdby.name. This was working for me before summer 12 release.

After i activated summer 12 release, createdby.name field does not show the value. The query have the value but when showing them in partner portal, it is not showing up.

If anyone have any idea on this issue please let me know.

Thanks.

Hi all,

I have a question, my case is I two profiles, one for Admin and other for Non Admin.

I have my page and class in Enable visualforce access & Enable apex class access in Non Admin profile.. All fields level security have been checked.. All the Custom Object Permissions hae been checked

There is a button call Visualforce page in a custom object.

For Admin profile everything works fine.

In Non Admin Profile, if View Setup and Configuration permission is checked, accessing the visualforce page works fine. If View Setup permission is unchecked, I can access to visualforce page but after I select any picklists in visualforce page -> Insufficient Privileges error message is shown

Are there any settings that need to be done? Any suggestions would be great..

Thanks

Hello All,

I have a Visualforce Page which  when viewed as an Admin works fine, the page has a rerender portion when on selecting a value from a drop down a couple of text boxes get rerendered.

I logged in as a different user and the page shows up fine, when i change the drop down the rerender gets called and i end up getting the message

"Insufficient Privileges You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary. "

The VF page, the apex class, the extension class, the objects used (have C R E D), all have the permissions for this profile. Also, all fields of the associated objects are visible to this profile.

With this error message i am unable to get any clue of what is happening actually, it's just supposed to rerender a few text boxes which are not associated with any access privileages.

Moreover, the debug log says "SUCCESS" and all getter and setter methods are called fine. Its only when the page refreshes itself that something goes wrong somewhere.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Edwin

Does Roll Up Summary field supports formulas with expressions?

Thanks

Sankar

• November 02, 2009

I have person accounts enabled for my organization.

I am trying to update a contact record. When I execute update query and if the contact record is my person account, it throws me below error:

INVALID CROSS REFERENCE KEY

Cannot select a person account.

I can understand that the contact record is actually referring to person account .. but then why should I able to select it using - select id from contact where id = 'personaccountid'?  

If anybody knows the resolutions, please do let me know.

Regards,

Chandrakant M

• October 14, 2009

Hi,

Can we customize the batch submit around Forecasting to set it at a timestamp.Something like the Forecast batch submit should run automatically at 00:00 hrs at the end of quarter.

Is this feasible. Any help is welcome.

Thanks & Regards,

Heena Bhatnagar

• August 25, 2009

Hi

I am fairly new to Force.com development and have hit an issue trying to build some relationships on a custom object.

I have an 'Assessment' custom object with a custom lookup field to a 'Claim' custom object.  I want to build a further custom lookup field on Assessment: 'Claim Contact' that looks up from another custom object, but this object is the detail in a master-detail relationship with the Claim object. 

I want to know how to constrain the 'Claim Contact' lookup so that it only shows values that are related to the Claim that has already been looked up on to the Assessment.

i.e. if the Assessment is linked to Claim A, which has child Contacts Jack and Jill, then these should be the only contacts I am able to pick using the 'Claim Contact' lookup on the Assessment.  If the assessment is not linked to any Claim then I need the lookup to return no results.

Is there a configuration solution to this or if not does anyone know what the best approach is to do this?

Many thanks in advance!

• April 15, 2009

Hi Friends,

I have one scenario in that i need to send the account details to the owner's mobile phone.

I am using the following code to do that. But while executing its asking for the user id and password.

If i gave that also its again loading the same the page.

Please help me to rectify this.

The code is :

<html> <head> <script type="text/javascript" src="/js/functions.js"></script> <script src="/soap/ajax/10.0/connection.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> function init() { alert("hi"); var carrier = "{!User.Cell_Phone_Carrier__c}"; alert("hi4"+carrier); if ( carrier == "" ) { alert( "No cell phone carrier specified" + " in your personal information"); setTimeout("window.close();",100); return; } var cell_number = "{!User.MobilePhone}"; alert("hi5"+cell_number); if ( cell_number == "" ) { alert( "No cell phone number specified"+ " in your personal information"); setTimeout("window.close();",100); return; } var l = window.location; alert("hi2"+l.href); if ( l.protocol == "https:") { l.href = l.href.replace(/https/,'http'); alert("hi3"+l.href); return; } sforce.connection.remoteFunction( {url :"http://www.google.com/sendtophone",mimeType: "text/plain",requestHeaders:{"Content-Type":"application/x-www"+ "-form-urlencoded"}, method: "POST", requestData: "gl=US&hl=en"+ "&client=navclient-ffsms"+ "&c=1&carrier="+ carrier+ "&subject={!Account.Name}"+ "&text={!Account.BillingStreet}\n"+ "{!Account.BillingCity}"+ "&mobile_user_id="+ cell_number, async: true, onFailure : done, onSuccess : done}); } function done( response ) { alert("hi6"); document.getElementById('sendtophone'). innerHTML = response; setTimeout("window.close();",5000); } </script> </head> <body onload="init();"> <div id="sendtophone" > </div> </body> </html>

Thanks

• March 18, 2009
Is there a way to use Custom Labels in a Custom Object?
Hi All,

How to get the distinv values using SOQL.

In SQL we use DISTINCT keyword.

How about in SOQL.

Kindly tell me since its delaying my work.

Thanks.

• January 15, 2009
Hi All,

Good Evening.

I have one scenario in that i displaying 100 records in a manner that each page contain 10 records with a check box. We can navigate to the next 10 records using a Next button. And can come back to previous using Previous button.

If i select the check box i can edit that particular record alone.

If i am editing one record and move to second page there i am editing one record. I have to update this on the whole.

The problem here is if i move to second page the first edited record in the first page is not retained.

Kindly clarify this.

Thank you.
  • January 08, 2009
Hi All,

I have one requirement in that i am displaying all the accounts (nearly 100) in visual force page.

I need to customize the results on the page  so that i can specify the number of records to be shown per page.

(I will have one textbox. In that i can specify the number of rows to be shown and have a GO button to execute.)

How can i do this?

Kindly share your knowledge.

Thanks.

• January 08, 2009
Hi all,

I'd like to dynamically  render an Sobject to a VF page.

Here is my controller:

Code:
private list<SObject> obj;

public void setobj(list<SObject> s){obj=s;} public list<Sobject> getobj(){return obj;}
public PageReference init() {
 obj=[select Name from Account limit 10]; return null; }

Here my VF Page:

Code:
<apex:page Controller="Test" action="{!init}">
<apex:form>
<apex:repeat value="{!obj}" var="field">
   <apex:inputField value="{!field.Name}"/>
</apex:repeat>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

I've got this error message :
Read access not found for null.
I've also tried with outputText, inputText with no success.The only field I've managed to retrieve is the ID.

Any Idea ?

I have a problem: we should fire a trigger after a file was attached to a custom object. Unfortunately the “after insert” and the “before insert” event on the Attachment object doesn’t get fired (but the after delete event does but we don't need that).

Does anybody has an  idea why? It can't be the code, it's just debugoutput. Or any workaroung?

• April 17, 2008
I am developing a Ajax scontrol(Report) where I show next 100/50/25 days Events.Customer is asking for pagination as there are thousands of events.
Could some body please provide guidelines or samples for the best practices to use.
Thanks,
Sean