• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

Currently we're tracking the initial response of our support engineer using the entitlement SLA module in salesforce. We're using this Entitlement module to track the initial response trigger by case comment and closing of the case, to track our support engineer performance qtr by qtr.

Now, we would like to track the follow-up response as well out of each case. We would like to be able to track how many case violate the SLA of follow-up response, for example: 2 hours follow-up response for Critical case, 4 hours follow-up response for High case, etc.

What would be the best practice to accomplish this? I don't think I can use the Entitlement module since each case can have multiple follow-up case comment.

Thanks.

Hi All,

We need an input on implementing an entitlement module within salesforce. I was able to setup a first response and resolution milestone, and there are email notification on 30 mins prior to violation.

However, we would like to add another condition where if Account on the case is a top account then we would like to send the email notification to managers, but not all other cases.

What would be the best way to accomplish this?

Thanks.

Is there an example on how to write a test class for this controller: Apex Customization for Submitting Articles from Cases

public class AgentContributionArticleController {
    // The constructor must take a ApexPages.KnowledgeArticleVersionStandardController as an argument
    public AgentContributionArticleController(ApexPages.KnowledgeArticleVersionStandardController ctl) {
        SObject article = ctl.getRecord();   //this is the SObject for the new article. 
                                             //It can optionally be cast to the proper article type, e.g. FAQ__kav article = (FAQ__kav) ctl.getRecord();

String sourceId = ctl.getSourceId(); //this returns the id of the case that was closed.
        Case c = [select subject, description from Case where id=:sourceId];

article.put('title', 'From Case: '+c.subject);  //this overrides the default behavior of pre-filling the title of the article with the subject of the closed case. 
        article.put('Details__c',c.description);  

ctl.selectDataCategory('Geography','USA');  //Only one category per category group can be specified.
        ctl.selectDataCategory('Topics','Maintenance');                        
    }

https://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/knowledge_caseclose_apex.htm

Thanks.

I don't see any option to refresh dashboard every hour. The only option is to schedule for once a day.

What would be the workaround for this?

Thanks.

Hi,

I put some validation on our visual force page, but our validation message has some id which i don't know how to disable it. The message is something like this:

• j_id0:j_id2:j_id32:j_id36:SerialNumber: Validation Error: Value is required.
  •  

And here is my visualforce code for that particular textbox:

<apex:actionRegion >
                        <apex:outputLabel value="Enter Serial Number:" style="font-weight: bold;" for="SerialNumber"/>&nbsp;
                        <apex:inputText value="{!inSerialNumber}" required="true" id="SerialNumber"/>&nbsp;
                        <apex:commandButton value="Go" action="{!action}" rerender="dynamic"/>

</apex:actionRegion>

And this is my controller:

if (inSerialNumber == null || inSerialNumber == '')
            {
                ApexPages.addMessage(new ApexPages.message(ApexPages.severity.FATAL, 'Please enter a value in serial number field.'));
            }

How to remove that random id in front of the validation message?

Thanks much.

When I submit / save the request into my custom object, I receive this error below: 

=================================================================

Visualforce Error

System.CalloutException: You have uncommitted work pending. Please commit or rollback before calling out

Class.ProductExt.ProductExtSoap.GetProductLicense: line 62, column 13 Class.ProductExtensionController.getProductDetail: line 89, column 22 External entry point

What is that error means and what am i missing?

Thanks.

<script type="text/javascript"></script>

Hi All,

We're using Self Service Portal in Salesforce and integrated with our Support Site which we built in-house.

There are some features / bug that I hope someone encountered in the past and have a resolution to it:

1. Is it possible to set the case comment as public by default? So that user doesn't need to check it everytime they create a case comment.

2. When we open the URL for case view and we're not login, we're being redirected to error message page which basically telling us that you're not login. However, there is no URL for login on the error page.

3. Can we set the from address to other than the owner email/creator of case comment? Something like noreply@domain.com.

Any help is greatly appreciate.

Hi,

I have a string, '11/20/2010 12:00:00 PM' and i would like to set this into Date format (NOT DateTime) since i want pass this value into one of my field of type date.

Here my function:

private Date setStringToDateFormat(String myDate)
    {
        String[] myDateOnly = myDate.split(' ');
        String myDateString = myDateOnly.get(0);
        String myHourString = myDateOnly.get(1);
        DateTime d = DateTime.valueOf(myDateString + ' ' + myHourString);
        return Date.valueOf(d);
    }

However, everytime I run this, i received an error Invalid Date/Time.

Could someone help???

I have a custom object (Quote) that is master-detail relationship with Opportunity.

I also created a custom VF page for my quote page.

On save button event, I would like to do insert to my quote custom object and it requires me to provide the Opportunity ID from which I created this quote.

How can I get an opportunity ID since my standardController is actually my custom object?

Hi All,

I have a <apex:inputText> which is getting the search value from user.

Then, I have a custom controller which will read those value and get the result through web service.

So far, I received these error everytime I run this:

System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object

Here is my VF page:

<apex:page controller="LicenseController" showHeader="true">
<apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.styles, 'dStandard.css')}" />
<apex:form >
    <apex:sectionHeader title="License Requests"/>
    Enter Serial Number: <apex:inputText value="{!inSerialNumber}" />  
</apex:form>
<apex:outputPanel id="dynamic">
    <apex:pageBlock mode="edit">
        <apex:pageBlockTable id="block" value="{!LicenseDetail}" var="licDetail">    
            <apex:column headerValue="Description">{!licDetail.Description}></apex:column>
         </apex:pageBlockTable>
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:outputPanel>
</apex:page>

And here is my custom controller:

public class LicenseController
{
    LicenseExt.ArrayOfLicenseEntity licenseEnt = new LicenseExt.ArrayOfLicenseEntity();

public PageReference action()
    {
        inSerialNumber = inSerialNumber;
        return null;
    }

public List<LicenseExt.LicenseEntity> LicenseDetail
    {
        get
        {
            LicenseExt.LicenseExtSoap lic = new LicenseExt.LicenseExtSoap();
            licenseEnt = lic.GetDeviceLicenses(inSerialNumber);
            List<LicenseExt.LicenseEntity> licenseList = new List<LicenseExt.LicenseEntity>();
            licenseList.Add(licenseEnt.LicenseEntity[0]);            
            return licenseList;
        }
        private set;
    }

public String inSerialNumber {get; set;}
}

This month Salesforce activated the latest Update and it is somehow affected our workflow rules. We have a quote object and when the status change from pending to approved, we called an outbound messaging which will update the status on our internal database (3rd party application). 

Since this critical update is being activated, everytime user approve the quote  in salesforce, the workflow doesn't seems to be called. I notice that salesforce posted this:

Possible Impact:
In rare situations, this update may result in fewer workflow notifications being sent out or in changes in the results of workflow rules and cross-object validation rules. 

How can we solve this issue or is there any workaround to this?

Thanks. 

Message Edited by softcloud2009 on 12-07-2009 06:15 PM

I attended the Dreamforce 2009 this morning and I saw that on the one of the demo, they were able to change the Opportunity Detail page look and feel to highlight certain field with bigger font. Can anyone share with me on how to do that? I couldn't find it anywhere on the site of how to do/activate that features.

Thanks.

Hi All,

We are implemented an approval process and allow for escalation if current approver didn't response in certain hours.

I already checked the allowed administrator or current approver to edit the field, however, when my apex trigger try to change the actor id to the next approver, it error out.

When I change the permission to allow modify all for that object, it work just fine, but then it will break the whole idea of approval, because everybody can go in and approve or reject that approval request.

Any idea....

I have a custom Expense object and we implemented approval process on the object. We also implement an escalation approval if the approver didn't response within 1 day. The problem is when our 'trigger after insert or update' try to update/assign the next actorID, it throw an error 'Insufficient priviledge'.

I found out that the problem is because the record is LOCKED during our initial submission. Eventhough I manually unlock it, when the next approver response, it will back to LOCKED.

What would be the workaround to UNLOCKED all approval request? I know that administrator can unlock this, but we don't want to give administrator permission to all submitter.

Thanks. 

Hi Team,

We would like to locked the opportunity for any editing (except by Administrator) when the stage is 10 - Won or 10 - Lost. What would be the best way to handle this?

Thanks in advance.

We implemented an approval workflow and also approval escalation when initial approver did not respond within 24 hour. However, when we tried to UPDATE the ACTORID for the processinstanceworkitem, we received this error:

INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY

what permission do we need for the user to be able to update the processinstanceworkitem?

Thanks. 

All,

I was able to use the salesforce-outlook add-in to send an email using my outlook inbox and at the same time logged the activity in salesforce. However, I would also like to log the email when the customer reply to my initial email. Another word, I would like to automatically store the reply email from customer in salesforce.

Is anyone worked in the same case in the past?

Thanks.

All,

I couldn't find a good article on how to link the outlook message with one of the field in opportunity object. Basically, we would like to be able to push email thread from our inbox into one of the field in opportunity object.

Any help would be greatly appreciate..

Is there a way to add forecast tab/object into the console layout. I would like to add opportunity and forecast tab in one console layout for user ease of use.

Let me know if anyone done this in the past.

Thanks.

Message Edited by softcloud2009 on 05-29-2009 05:59 PM

Is there an example on how to write a test class for this controller: Apex Customization for Submitting Articles from Cases

public class AgentContributionArticleController {
    // The constructor must take a ApexPages.KnowledgeArticleVersionStandardController as an argument
    public AgentContributionArticleController(ApexPages.KnowledgeArticleVersionStandardController ctl) {
        SObject article = ctl.getRecord();   //this is the SObject for the new article. 
                                             //It can optionally be cast to the proper article type, e.g. FAQ__kav article = (FAQ__kav) ctl.getRecord();

String sourceId = ctl.getSourceId(); //this returns the id of the case that was closed.
        Case c = [select subject, description from Case where id=:sourceId];

article.put('title', 'From Case: '+c.subject);  //this overrides the default behavior of pre-filling the title of the article with the subject of the closed case. 
        article.put('Details__c',c.description);  

ctl.selectDataCategory('Geography','USA');  //Only one category per category group can be specified.
        ctl.selectDataCategory('Topics','Maintenance');                        
    }

https://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/knowledge_caseclose_apex.htm

Thanks.

How to hide/disable the 'Add Case Comment' button when the case status is closed?

Thanks.

I don't see any option to refresh dashboard every hour. The only option is to schedule for once a day.

What would be the workaround for this?

Thanks.

When I submit / save the request into my custom object, I receive this error below: 

Visualforce Error

System.CalloutException: You have uncommitted work pending. Please commit or rollback before calling out

Class.ProductExt.ProductExtSoap.GetProductLicense: line 62, column 13 Class.ProductExtensionController.getProductDetail: line 89, column 22 External entry point

What is that error means and what am i missing?

Thanks.

<script type="text/javascript"></script>

Hi,

I have a string, '11/20/2010 12:00:00 PM' and i would like to set this into Date format (NOT DateTime) since i want pass this value into one of my field of type date.

Here my function:

private Date setStringToDateFormat(String myDate)
    {
        String[] myDateOnly = myDate.split(' ');
        String myDateString = myDateOnly.get(0);
        String myHourString = myDateOnly.get(1);
        DateTime d = DateTime.valueOf(myDateString + ' ' + myHourString);
        return Date.valueOf(d);
    }

However, everytime I run this, i received an error Invalid Date/Time.

Could someone help???

I have a custom object (Quote) that is master-detail relationship with Opportunity.

I also created a custom VF page for my quote page.

On save button event, I would like to do insert to my quote custom object and it requires me to provide the Opportunity ID from which I created this quote.

How can I get an opportunity ID since my standardController is actually my custom object?

Hi All,

I have a <apex:inputText> which is getting the search value from user.

Then, I have a custom controller which will read those value and get the result through web service.

So far, I received these error everytime I run this:

System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object

Here is my VF page:

<apex:page controller="LicenseController" showHeader="true">
<apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.styles, 'dStandard.css')}" />
<apex:form >
    <apex:sectionHeader title="License Requests"/>
    Enter Serial Number: <apex:inputText value="{!inSerialNumber}" />  
</apex:form>
<apex:outputPanel id="dynamic">
    <apex:pageBlock mode="edit">
        <apex:pageBlockTable id="block" value="{!LicenseDetail}" var="licDetail">    
            <apex:column headerValue="Description">{!licDetail.Description}></apex:column>
         </apex:pageBlockTable>
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:outputPanel>
</apex:page>

And here is my custom controller:

public class LicenseController
{
    LicenseExt.ArrayOfLicenseEntity licenseEnt = new LicenseExt.ArrayOfLicenseEntity();

public PageReference action()
    {
        inSerialNumber = inSerialNumber;
        return null;
    }

public List<LicenseExt.LicenseEntity> LicenseDetail
    {
        get
        {
            LicenseExt.LicenseExtSoap lic = new LicenseExt.LicenseExtSoap();
            licenseEnt = lic.GetDeviceLicenses(inSerialNumber);
            List<LicenseExt.LicenseEntity> licenseList = new List<LicenseExt.LicenseEntity>();
            licenseList.Add(licenseEnt.LicenseEntity[0]);            
            return licenseList;
        }
        private set;
    }

public String inSerialNumber {get; set;}
}

Hi All,

I have an apex class which are generated by WSDL. I also have custom Controller which basically get all the support cases for particular customer and I store it in List<>. My question is how to show the output in VisualForce page.

I keep getting the error of: Error: Unknown property 'supDetail.Number'

Here is my apex generated from WSDL:

public class ArrayOfSupportCaseEntity {
        public SupportCaseEntity[] SupportCaseEntity;
        private String[] SupportCaseEntity_type_info = new String[]{'SupportCaseEntity','http://abc.com/','SupportCaseEntity','0','-1','true'};
        private String[] apex_schema_type_info = new String[]{'http://abc.com/','true','false'};
        private String[] field_order_type_info = new String[]{'SupportCaseEntity'};
    }
    public class SupportCaseEntity {
        public String CaseNumber;
        public String Description;
        public String Model;
        private String[] CaseNumber_type_info = new String[]{'Lfid','http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema','string','0','1','false'};
        private String[] Description_type_info = new String[]{'AuthCode','http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema','string','0','1','false'};
        private String[] Model_type_info = new String[]{'PartID','http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema','string','0','1','false'};
    }
    public class SupportCaseSoap {
        public String endpoint_x = 'http://www.abc.com/SupportCase/SupportCase.asmx';
        public Map<String,String> inputHttpHeaders_x;
        public Map<String,String> outputHttpHeaders_x;
        public String clientCertName_x;
        public String clientCert_x;
        public String clientCertPasswd_x;
        public Integer timeout_x;
        private String[] ns_map_type_info = new String[]{'http://abc.com/', SupportCase};
        public SupportCase.ArrayOfSupportCaseEntity GetSupportCase(String customerNumber) {
            SupportCase.GetSupportCase_element request_x = new SupportCase.GetSupportCase_element();
            SupportCase.GetSupportCaseResponse_element response_x;
            request_x.customerNumber= customerNumber;

What is the best way to re-run the assignment rules on existing Leads? So we have the existing Leads which have been created in the past before we setup assignment rules. Now, we would like to assign these Leads to the proper owner.

Can we use Data Loader and do update on the record

Hi Team,

We would like to locked the opportunity for any editing (except by Administrator) when the stage is 10 - Won or 10 - Lost. What would be the best way to handle this?

Thanks in advance.