• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey guys,

I am working on getting my app into the app store and during the review process I was told I need to fix this error:

*Sharing Violation - Apex controllers return SOQL results without adhering to sharing

Does anyone know what that means and/or how I can get this fixed?  For reference here is the code it is referring to:

String queryText = '%' + searchText + '%';

result = [select ID, FirstName, LastName, email, name from Contact Where Name like :queryText ];

Cheers

Matt 

Hey guys,

I am having a little problem when I try to upload my package.  When I go and test my apex code I have 91% test coverage.  But when I try to upload a package I get this error:

Component TypeNameProblem
Apex Class Average test coverage across all Apex Classes and Triggers is 7%, at least 75% test coverage is required

screenshot also attached...

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this or where a good place to start looking would be?

Thanks

Matt

Having a little problem where I am loading an Iframe and need to be able to identify the user that is coming in.  I am using {!$User.Id} to get that information on my visual force page, but this is not the same as what is on the user record.  It appears to be truncated by 3 characters.

If my user id is "00580000001qVmbAAE" then it returns "00580000001qVmb"   Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?  Or a way to access whatever ID visual foce is returning in my apex code (just stripping 3 chars off the end so not and option because I don't know if it always does that 0r its just doing it this time.)

ANy help would be REALLY nice right about now.

Thanks

Matt 

Hello all, I just released my first managed app and am having problems getting to one of my visual force pages.  I have setup my extension as gc and my tab works fine.  I also have a button that I installed on the contact page but when that page loads its address is https://c.na6.visual.force.com/apex/blabla but it should be https://gc.na6.visual.force.com/apex/blabla

Does anyone know how I need to change my button to point to the correct subdomain?

Thanks

Matt 

So I have build a little app that really only makes some api calls to my server and then creates a task on the contact for keeping a history.  I have built this out with VF and APEX because all the docs say that s controls are on there way out.  Now I cannot install my app on a group account without getting it verified  and that takes at least a week from what I have been told.  I am now 2 days into the process and still have not even received all the paperwork that I need to sign so I am guessing that my week time has not even started.  The more think about it the more depressing this is.  

Question:  If I just rebuild this in an S-Control and use remote JSON calls will I need to get verified to install my app on group or pro accounts? 

Thanks

Matt 

Hello all, 

Working on my first sales force thing and have been trying to figure out testing.  I don't really understand what it is I should be doing.  Here is my apex code:

public Task createTask {get; set;}

public String guid {get;set;}

public String subject {get;set;}

public String FirstName {get;set;}

public TaskController(ApexPages.StandardController stdCon){

createTask = new Task();

}

public void save(){

createTask.WhoId = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('Id');

createTask.Subject = subject;

createTask.Status = 'Completed';

createTask.Description = guid;

Database.insert(createTask);

}

I guess that I should be testing that is saves correctly?

Could anyone help me out here? 

Hello all, 

Working on my first sales force thing and have been trying to figure out testing.  I don't really understand what it is I should be doing.  Here is my apex code:

public Task createTask {get; set;}

public String guid {get;set;}

public String subject {get;set;}

public String FirstName {get;set;}

public TaskController(ApexPages.StandardController stdCon){

createTask = new Task();

}

public void save(){

createTask.Status = 'Completed';

}

I have a custom object that does a lookup to Contacts, here is the code that I am trying to upsert with and the error that I am getting...

var custom = new sforce.SObject("Custom__c");
custom.Code__c = data.guid;
custom.Type__c = campType;
contact = new sforce.SObject("Contact");
contact.Id = ContactId;
custom.Contact__r = contact;
var result = sforce.connection.upsert("Code__c", [custom]);

And here is the error that I get:

"Field name provided, Id is not an External ID or indexed field for Contact"

I don't really understand the external id stuff, I am just trying to create a new record and have a Contact attached to it...

Any help?

Matt

Hey guys,

I am having a little problem when I try to upload my package.  When I go and test my apex code I have 91% test coverage.  But when I try to upload a package I get this error:

Component TypeNameProblem
Apex Class Average test coverage across all Apex Classes and Triggers is 7%, at least 75% test coverage is required

screenshot also attached...

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this or where a good place to start looking would be?

Thanks

Matt

Hello all, I just released my first managed app and am having problems getting to one of my visual force pages.  I have setup my extension as gc and my tab works fine.  I also have a button that I installed on the contact page but when that page loads its address is https://c.na6.visual.force.com/apex/blabla but it should be https://gc.na6.visual.force.com/apex/blabla

Does anyone know how I need to change my button to point to the correct subdomain?

Thanks

Matt 

Hello,

We have several webservice callouts from few Apex classes. In one particar instance we have this request that could amount to more than 100k.

The question I have : can we use any particular HttpRequest 1.1 header attribute or any other apex attribute (i.e. timeout__x) to compress the content from apex classes?

Is there any other options just the way have it in HttpRquest class or that 100k limit is the absolute final?

Greatly appreciate your response.

Thank you.

--FM

Message Edited by prufrock on 03-19-2009 03:44 PM
Message Edited by prufrock on 03-19-2009 03:51 PM

So I have build a little app that really only makes some api calls to my server and then creates a task on the contact for keeping a history.  I have built this out with VF and APEX because all the docs say that s controls are on there way out.  Now I cannot install my app on a group account without getting it verified  and that takes at least a week from what I have been told.  I am now 2 days into the process and still have not even received all the paperwork that I need to sign so I am guessing that my week time has not even started.  The more think about it the more depressing this is.  

Question:  If I just rebuild this in an S-Control and use remote JSON calls will I need to get verified to install my app on group or pro accounts? 

Thanks

Matt 

Hello all, 

public Task createTask {get; set;}

public String guid {get;set;}

public String subject {get;set;}

public String FirstName {get;set;}

public TaskController(ApexPages.StandardController stdCon){

createTask = new Task();

}

public void save(){

createTask.Status = 'Completed';

}

Hello all, 

public Task createTask {get; set;}

public String guid {get;set;}

public String subject {get;set;}

public String FirstName {get;set;}

public TaskController(ApexPages.StandardController stdCon){

createTask = new Task();

}

public void save(){

createTask.Status = 'Completed';

}

It doesn't seem to me that an "after update" trigger will fire on the User object when a user logs in even though salesforce.com must update the field LastLoginDate on this object.

Am I missing something?  It would seem to me that if salesforce.com is updating this field on the User record everytime a user logs in then it would also fire the "after update" trigger.

thanx for any clarity you can add.