• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Let me first describe the scenario. I have one 'Reject' button on Opportunity detail page. On click of which a VF page is called and it displays the detail of that opportunity after making few changes to the record. So far so good.

After that if user clicks on standard 'Edit' button on the same detail page. Salesforce sets the value of retURL automatically to the URL of the VF page which was called on the click of 'Reject' button. This makes the reject controller to be called again on click of 'save' button, which should not happen.

How to override/change the behaviour of retURL being change on its own. I need the default value of this parameter.

Thanks !

Sharad

• February 11, 2009

Following is the code, I am printing the value of {!noOfBids} just to make sure that function in controller is working fine and returning the correct value. It does return a value which is greater than 0, still the block does not show up. If I remove this condition, it shows fine. Is this a Bug or I am doing something incorrect.

{!noOfBids} <apex:pageBlock rendered="{!noOfBids} > 0"> <apex:pageblockTable value="{!formalBids}" var="bids" border="2" width="100%" > <apex:column .... /> <apex:column .... /> </apex:pageblockTable> </apex:pageBlock>

• February 08, 2009

Due to the limitation on fixed height in page layout for VF page component. I decided to embed S-Control instead of VF page in page layout. For that, I would like to call my VF page from S-control.

Not sure, if this is possible and how to do that.

Appreciate any reply to help me advance in my development.

Thanks !

Sharad

• February 07, 2009

Hi,

I have created a custom button on Opportunity detail page called 'Reject' and associated a VisualForce page on click of this button. Created an extension to custom controller Opportunity.

Inside this VF page, I am displaying Opportunity detail page with few more information. This means I am showing the default standard buttons which are there in Opportunity detail page.

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" tabStyle="Opportunity" action="{!saveFormalBids}" extensions="INTLC_VFExtension_Oppor_Rejection" >
<apex:detail subject="{!opportunity}" relatedlist="false" />

After I click on 'Reject' button, VF page called fine and also does whatevr I specified in the controller extension. After the page is displayed, When user click on  standard 'Edit' button on Opportunity detail page, make some changes on oppor detail page and then click on standard 'Save' button, the same VF page and the extension controller get called which I attached on click of 'Reject'.

I believe, this should not happen on click of standard 'save' button as I haven't override this button at all.

Please advise if this is some bug or I am missing something here.

Thanks in advance !

Sharad

• February 02, 2009

Hi,

Let me first describe the scenario. I have one 'Reject' button on Opportunity detail page. On click of which a VF page is called and it displays the detail of that opportunity after making few changes to the record. So far so good.

After that if user clicks on standard 'Edit' button on the same detail page. Salesforce sets the value of retURL automatically to the URL of the VF page which was called on the click of 'Reject' button. This makes the reject controller to be called again on click of 'save' button, which should not happen.

How to override/change the behaviour of retURL being change on its own. I need the default value of this parameter.

Thanks !

Sharad

• February 11, 2009

OK, I have to create a special "control" that will be part of the page layout for one of the case record type's layout. I see that I can place an vf page as a 'field' in the page layout and I wanted to use this functionality. 

I created the vf page and simply put it has an apex:inputfield plus some of our own content in it. The extension class does get loaded and tied to case's controller and the field binds. The problems I have are:

1. I want to make it look like just another section item in the layout, since it now renders as an independent IFRAME. If I create a full vf layout from <apex: pageBlock> as I would for a full blown page then I get a block in a block which is utterly ugly. What am I missing?  

2. The vf page only shows in the VIEW mode, and with the field in edit mode, whilst when the whole page is in edit mode the vf page is not rendered at all? Again, how do I adjust that my control follow the layout's  mode (be a view when in view mode and show as editable when in edit mode)?

3. If #1 is impossible, can I at least embed a VF page as a pageBlock on its own. I tried dragging the page between two page blocks in page layout editor but it wont stick as a block, only as a section item.

Message Edited by mmix on 02-11-2009 11:22 AM
  • February 11, 2009

Following is the code, I am printing the value of {!noOfBids} just to make sure that function in controller is working fine and returning the correct value. It does return a value which is greater than 0, still the block does not show up. If I remove this condition, it shows fine. Is this a Bug or I am doing something incorrect.

{!noOfBids} <apex:pageBlock rendered="{!noOfBids} > 0"> <apex:pageblockTable value="{!formalBids}" var="bids" border="2" width="100%" > <apex:column .... /> <apex:column .... /> </apex:pageblockTable> </apex:pageBlock>

• February 08, 2009

Due to the limitation on fixed height in page layout for VF page component. I decided to embed S-Control instead of VF page in page layout. For that, I would like to call my VF page from S-control.

Not sure, if this is possible and how to do that.

Appreciate any reply to help me advance in my development.

Thanks !

Sharad

• February 07, 2009

I've added a VF page component to the top of a page layout using the "issue" severity format.  Works fine but there is an annoying white line that appears at the top of the page section.  What do I need to to remove this/set it to the background colour?

The VF page is as follows:

<apex:page standardController="xxx__c" tabStyle="Terms_of_Business__c">

<div id="training_message" style="height:80px; background:#F3F3EC;" >

<apex:pageMessage severity="info">

Click <apex:outputLink target="_blank" value="xxx" id="record1">here</font></apex:outputLink> for a demonstration of adding a Terms of Business record<br>

Click <apex:outputLink target="_blank" value="xxx" id="record2">here</font></apex:outputLink> for a demonstration of submitting and approving a Terms of Business record<br>

Click <apex:outputLink target="_blank" value="xxx" id="record3">here</font></apex:outputLink> for a demonstration of sending emails for a Terms of Business record</apex:pagemessage>

</div>

</apex:page>

The page section is set to 80px.

The white line looks like:

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Hi,

I have a VF page, which is embedded (as a URL s-control) in the Contact page layout.

I just want to display some fields (the point is to keep these fields read only).

How do I pass make the VF page know which record's information to display (how do I pass this info, and how do I use it in the VF page side). thanks.

Ben