• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I want to create folders and upload documents in SalesForce from .net code.  I am able to do both.  

Next, I want to store information about the user, the created document and the url where he created the document in sql server.  

As soon as I create a document using -  SFEnterpriseWSDL.SaveResult[] results = binding.create(sdocObj), I get back results.

But, I can not get the URL where the document was created using this.  Any idea how can I get this information back.

Swati 

Hi,

I want a situation where a user from my .net UI can create a folder under documents and add documents to it.  Now, I can figure out how to create documents in a pre existing folder.  But, I can not figure out how to create a folder under documents.

If anyone has any ideas, please share.

Swati 

Hi,

I am very new to Salesforce and till now I have been through the getting started docs on salesforce a little.  What we want to do in our project is to upload certain set of documents from a .Net web service on a folder on documents in salesforce.com.   

Can someone give me any idea how to proceed in the direction.

Swati 

Hi,

I want to create folders and upload documents in SalesForce from .net code.  I am able to do both.  

Next, I want to store information about the user, the created document and the url where he created the document in sql server.  

As soon as I create a document using -  SFEnterpriseWSDL.SaveResult[] results = binding.create(sdocObj), I get back results.

But, I can not get the URL where the document was created using this.  Any idea how can I get this information back.

Swati 

Hi,

I am very new to Salesforce and till now I have been through the getting started docs on salesforce a little.  What we want to do in our project is to upload certain set of documents from a .Net web service on a folder on documents in salesforce.com.   

Can someone give me any idea how to proceed in the direction.

Swati 

We recently ran into a problem when we create a document via the api when the document name is the same. The error we are getting is

"Create Failed: DUPLICATE_DEVELOPER_NAME: This Document Unique Name already exists.  Please choose a unique name. -- DeveloperName"

I thought that specifying the DeveloperName on the document object would be enough, but when I try that, the error I get is

"Create Failed: INVALID_FIELD_FOR_INSERT_UPDATE: Document: bad field names on insert/update call: DeveloperName -- DeveloperName"

This seems a bit contradictory. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!