• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to create a custom header for the partner portal.

I created an html with the following contect:

<div> this is the header </div>

I created a salesforce.com document for this html file.

On the partner portal settings page I change the 'Header' to the document created in the previous step.

When I log into the partner portal I get this at the top of my page:

<div>

this is the header

</div>

For some reason it's not interpreting the html code.  I tried adding doc type but no luck.  I have looked at examples and they look exactly the same as mine.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Michael

Good day,

My expertise is helping companies get the most out of their investment in salesforce.com.  I have been working with salesforce.com for the last 4 years and have more than 15 years of overall experience.

I have helped my clients:
*  Implement salesforce.com for the first time
*  Re-align an existing implementation of salesforce.com with new business processes and goals
*  Figure out how to solve problems using salesforce.com and related technologies
*  Integrate salesforce.com with other applications

I look forward to speaking with.

Thank you,
Michael

(415) 508-5748
Based in San Francisco, available globally
***** No third parties, please

Good day,

I offer Salesforce.com administration, configuration and customization services starting at $1200 per month for small companies.  This includes:

*  10 hours of salesforce.com administration, configuration and customization per month

*  Priority support to answer any questions (within 4 hours)

*  Quarterly recommendations on how you might get more value out of salesforce.com ( for example:  third party applications or services, new salesforce.com product features)

About me:

My specialty is helping small to global 2000 companies get the most out of their technology investments.  I have been working with salesforce.com for the last 4 years and have 20 years of overall experience.  My career was launched, while a freshman in high school, when I developed and sold my first commercial software application.

Thank you,

Michael

(415) 508-5748

****** Please, no third parties.

Good day,

I have a very simple trigger to convert leads.  We are using Person Accounts.  When I try to insert a lead here is the error I receive:

System.DmlException: ConvertLead failed. First exception on row 0; first error: UNAVAILABLE_RECORDTYPE_EXCEPTION, Unable to find default record type: []:

Here's the code:

trigger AutoConvertLead2 on Lead (after insert) {
    Lead thisLead = Trigger.New[0];

Database.LeadConvert lc = new Database.LeadConvert();

lc.setLeadId(thisLead.id);   
    LeadStatus convertStatus = [Select Id, MasterLabel from LeadStatus where IsConverted=true limit 1];

lc.setConvertedStatus(convertStatus.MasterLabel);
    lc.setDoNotCreateOpportunity(true);

Database.LeadConvertResult lcr = Database.ConvertLead(lc);

}

Any thoughts?

-Michael

Good day,

I have been implementing enterprise business systems for the last 18 years at medium size to Global 2000 companies.  My expertise is helping you get the most value out of your technology investments.

While I have been working with SFDC for the past few years I am not limited to just SFDC.  I have many years of experience with enterprise infrastructure like web servers and database clusters, integration middleware, SOA, ESB and other business systems like SAP, Oracle, Siebel, portals, content management, business intelligence, etc...

I look forward to speaking with you.
-Michael
(415) 508-5748

*** Please, no third parties.

Good day,

I have been implementing enterprise business systems for the last 18 years at medium size to Global 2000 companies.  My expertise is helping you get the most value out of your technology investments.

While I have been working with SFDC for the past few years I am not limited to just SFDC.  I have many years of experience with enterprise infrastructure like web servers and database clusters, integration middleware, ESB, SOA and other business systems like SAP, Oracle, Siebel, portals, content management, business intelligence, etc...

I look forward to speaking with you.

-Michael

(415) 508-5748

*** Please, no third parties.

Good day,

I have been implementing complex business systems for more than 20 years and have been working with salesforce.com for the last 4 years.  In addition to salesforce.com I am fluent in enterprise application architectures, integration, infrastructure and applications such as content management, sales force automation, portals, business intelligence, reporting and more. 

My specialty is high profile, urgent and extremely challenging and complex projects that require someone that shares in the responsibility of project success.  As you can image, I am not cheap.   But I have delivered significant business results for most of my clients and employers for more than 20 years.

I look forward to learning more about your project, ideas, challenges and business goals.

Thank you,

Michael

(415) 508-5748

michael.mott@ymail.com

Available globally

No third parties please.

Is anyone using GWT within a VisualForce page?

If so I need to know what steps to follow to get a simple "hello word" applicaiton going.

Do I use the Elipse GWT plug in to build the UI, upload generated code as static resource, then include in my VisualForce page?

Thank you,

Michael

Okay.  I have a button on the contacts list view.  The user selects the contacts, clicks the button and a window is poped up so the user can may a choice.  User is redirected to one of three pages depending on the user's selection.  

This is part of a managed packaged.  It works perfectly in my development envrinment but not in other orgs. 

Problem:  I receive the following error message when trying to redirect:

Page NewVBCampaign does not exist

Here's the code:

window.location.href="/apex/NewVBCampaign?campaignType=" + campaignType + "&sourceType=contact&selectedItems="+idArray;

I tried using URLFOR with Page.NewVBCampaign but that does not even work in the development org. 

Thank you,

Michael

I am trying to install a managed package that I created.  Here is the error from the package instalelr

testsuite_uploadsounds.testGetSoundFilesPOST();
testsuite_uploadsounds.testUpload()
Apex Classes(01p50000000D7M7)System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object
(callfire)

External entry point;
System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object
(callfire)

External entry point

Here is my test code:

@isTest
private class TestSuite_UploadSounds {

static testMethod void testUpload() {
        PageReference pageRef = Page.UploadSounds;
        Test.setCurrentPageReference(pageRef);

UploadSounds_ctlr pageCon = new UploadSounds_ctlr();

}

static testMethod void testGetSoundFilesPOST() {
        PageReference pageRef = Page.UploadSounds;
        Test.setCurrentPageReference(pageRef);

UploadSounds_ctlr pageCon = new UploadSounds_ctlr();

List<CFSoundfileDialer.SoundFileDescriptionType> CFSoundFileList = new List<CFSoundfileDialer.SoundFileDescriptionType>();

CFSoundfileDialer.SoundFileDescriptionType soundFile = new CFSoundfileDialer.SoundFileDescriptionType();

CFSoundFileList.add(soundFile);

pageCon.getSoundFilesPOST(CFSoundFileList);

pageCon.getSoundFiles();

}

}

I have other packages that use the same method and they install perfectly.

Thank you,

Michael

Good day,

I have been developing integrations and applications on the force.com platform for the last few years.  I am located in the San Francisco/Bay Area.

If you have 10 minutes I can give you a demo of a recent project.

Thank you,

Michael

(415) 508-5748

michael.mott@ymail.com

Good day,

I have been working with salesforce.com for the last 4 years and have more than  15 years of technology experience.

I am looking for part time remote administration and configuration work.  My rate for remote services is $30 per hour and if you purchase a 40 hour package ($1000) you can save $5 per hour.  My onsite rate is $40 per hour.

Thank you,

Michael

San Francsico/Bay Area

(415) 508-5748

michael.mott@ymail.com

My specialty is helping small to Fortune 500 companies figure out how to get the most value from their technology investments and how to use technology to solve complex business problems.

I have been working with salesforce.com for the last four years and have more then 20 years of technology experience.  This means that the solutions that I come up with are not limited to just salesforce.com but can include other technologies like Amazon Web Services, Flex, J2EE, Extjs and .Net.

If you are looking for someone with a broad view of business and a deep understanding of technology, I may be able to help.

Thank you for your time,

Michael

(415) 508-5748

Good afternoon,

I am using Flash Builder 4 and am trying to connect to salesforce.com via the partner wsdl.  When I try to connect to a SOAP based web service via Flash Builder for it asks for a URI and unfortunately, I can not get it to accept a local wsdl file.

What is the URI for the force.com partner wsdl?

Thank you,

Michael

Good afternoon,

I am having trouble displaying a list of items returned from a webservice callout.

On the visual force page I receive the following error:

Error: Unknown property 'WebServ.CampaignType.name'

Visual force page:

<apex:repeat value="{!CFCampaigns}" var="campaignList"> {!campaignList.name}  

</apex:repeat>  

Here's my controller code: 

Public List<WebServ.CampaignType> CFCampaigns;

public CF_ctlr() { WebServ.BroadcastServiceHttpPort webService = new WebServ.BroadcastServiceHttpPort(); WebServ.ArrayOfCampaignType result = webService.getFullCampaignList('2134ds'); this.CFCampaigns = result.CampaignType; } public List<WebServ.CampaignType> getCFCampaigns() { return this.CFCampaigns; } public String getCampaignId() { return this.CFCampaigns[0].name; 

} 

I verified that the property does exist and the getCampaignId method in my controller works. 

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael 

We have several projects that utilize the force.com platform and we need a web designer to design the user interface. 

This is part time long term work.  Work from home.

Please forward your information to careers@perforceApps.com 

Thank you,

Michael

No third parties please.

perforceApps specializes in building applications on the force.com platform.  Whether you are building a new business application from scratch or you want to integrate salesforce.com with your existing products or services to list on the AppExchange, we can help.

The advantages of using the Force.com platform include:
* Cost effective way of exposing your products and services to more than 50,000 new prospects
* Faster time to market and lower cost of development than other platforms
* Lower up front costs, pay as you add customers, and automatically scalable and reliable
* Gain opportunities to sell more products and services to existing clients
* Make in easier for existing SFDC users to use your products and services

To learn more please visit www.perforceApps.com or call me directly at (415) 508-5748

Thank you,
Michael
(415) 508-5748

perforceApps specializes in building applications on the force.com platformWhether you are building a new business application from scratch or you want to integrate salesforce.com with your existing products or services to list on the AppExchange, we can help.

* Cost effective way of exposing your products and services to more than 50,000 new prospects
* Lower up front costs, pay as you add customers, and automatically scalable and reliable
* Gain opportunities to sell more products and services to existing clients
* Make it easier for existing SFDC users to use your products and services

To learn more please visit www.perforceApps.com or call me directly at (415) 508-5748

Thank you,
Michael
(415) 508-5748

Message Edited by SFDCConsultant on 01-04-2010 12:17 PM
PerForceApps is the first and only company dedicated to building applications on the Force.com platform and for the AppExchange.

Whether you are building a new business application from scratch or
you want to integrate salesforce.com with your existing products or
services to list on the AppExchange, we can help.

* Give your current customers new ways to interact with your products and services

To learn more please visit http://www.perforceapps.com or call me directly at (415) 680-3162.

Thank you,

Michael

Message Edited by SFDCConsultant on 10-07-2009 02:26 PM

PerForceApps is the first and only company dedicated to building applications on the Force.com platform.

Whether you are building a new business application from scratch or you want to integrate salesforce.com with your existing products or services to list on the AppExchange, we can help. The advantages of using the Force.com platform include:

* Give your current customers new ways to interact with your products and services

To learn more please call Michael directly at (415) 680-3162.

http://www.perforceapps.com

What does this error mean and how do you fix it?

UNAVAILABLE_RECORDTYPE_EXCEPTIONThe appropriate default record type could not be found.

I'm simply trying to convert a lead.

$sql_get_orders = db_query('SELECT o.order_id, o.customer_id, c.sforce_id FROM orders o, customers c WHERE o.customer_id < 10 and o.customer_id = c.customer_id and c.sforce_id != "";');
while ($o = mysql_fetch_array($sql_get_orders)) {
 // convert our lead to account
 $leadConvert = new stdClass();
 $leadConvert->leadId = $o['sforce_id'];
 $leadConvert->convertedStatus = 'Qualified';
 $leadConvert->doNotCreateOpportunity = true;
 $leadConvert->overwriteLeadSource = false;
 $leadConvert->sendNotificationEmail = false;
 $result = $crmHandle->convertLead($leadConvert);
 var_dump($result);
}

Is anyone using GWT within a VisualForce page?

If so I need to know what steps to follow to get a simple "hello word" applicaiton going.

Do I use the Elipse GWT plug in to build the UI, upload generated code as static resource, then include in my VisualForce page?

Thank you,

Michael

We need a freelance SF developer that can develop and implement our lead to quote process. Travel Industry experience is a plus. We have existing data schema and workflow mapping. etc. Developer must be proficient in Force.com pages, web to lead Apex, Visual Force, IDE, migration tools, Web Services, third party API Integration. This is the first phase of our project. We are looking to develop an ongoing relationship with a freelance developer.
  • October 20, 2010

A small to medium size company with 55 employees in a really cool business sector is looking for a long term consultant to help guide us through the Salesforce and IT maze.  The consultant will work a prenegotiated number of hours per month providing:

1) IT Vision and Strategy (This part is really important).

2) Direction and QC to an inexperienced Salesforce developer employed here.  This will mean you won't have to do all the programming grunt work.

3) Vendor selection and oversight of a server maintenance vendor (we can't do everything in the cloud - at least we don't think so...).

4) Employee training and communication, both of new features to existing employees, and existing features to new employees.

We are looking for someone with a talent for understanding business processes, not just software.  We are looking for someone who can articulate and communicate, not just mumble technical jargon.  We are looking for someone who is willing to teach and share their expertise, not just create black boxes.

We are a growing company that sells information, not products.  We have three offices in the US but our preference is for the consultant to be based in Southern California.  Again, we are not looking for a short term relationship but someone who will guide us over the long term.  If this is of interest to you please reply here with your contact details and we will get in touch.  No recruiters please.

• August 06, 2010

Good afternoon,

I am having trouble displaying a list of items returned from a webservice callout.

On the visual force page I receive the following error:

Error: Unknown property 'WebServ.CampaignType.name'

Visual force page:

<apex:repeat value="{!CFCampaigns}" var="campaignList"> {!campaignList.name}  

</apex:repeat>  

Here's my controller code: 

Public List<WebServ.CampaignType> CFCampaigns;

public CF_ctlr() { WebServ.BroadcastServiceHttpPort webService = new WebServ.BroadcastServiceHttpPort(); WebServ.ArrayOfCampaignType result = webService.getFullCampaignList('2134ds'); this.CFCampaigns = result.CampaignType; } public List<WebServ.CampaignType> getCFCampaigns() { return this.CFCampaigns; } public String getCampaignId() { return this.CFCampaigns[0].name; 

} 

I verified that the property does exist and the getCampaignId method in my controller works. 

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael 

Hi All,

We're a small start-up and don't have a lot of technical staff - and there's one big SF.com project we want to do - but do not have the technical stuff to pull off in a quality way.

I need a developer who can basically set up a custom program for us.

I can provide more detailed description, but in effect what we want is as follows:
- Customer completes a form which creates a new record in SF (this we can already do!!)
- That action triggers a succession of automated emails, daily - for 30 days or UNTIL the user buys the product (is converted from a lead in SF.com to a Contact.)

- The emails must be personalized (Name fields, etc.) to that individual, and we should be able to test this thing in advance to make sure it works.

Anyone out there up for assisting with this project? We have budget and a schedule which I am happy to discuss with qualified developers.

I will need some sort of references. Hope you understand!!

Thanks,

--CHJones

Looking for an individual to assist with business analysis, custom dashboards, heat maps, scorecards and process development/improvement.  Full time employment or consultant position can be home based.

We are currently developing an industry specific CRM application and need a visualforce and apex whiz to help us.  We are looking for someone who is based in the US, has great english skills, and with a little luck, based in Austin, TX. 

Good day,

I have been working with Salesforce.com for the last 3 years and have more than 20 years of overall technology experience.  I have worked both on implementations and have developed applications on the force.com platform and for the AppExchange.  My clients have included start-ups to Global 2000 companies including: Bank of America,  Citi, Wells Fargo, PPG, Bechtel, Kaiser, Ocwen, G.Neil Companies, Scotia Bank, American Express, and Daimler Chrysler.

I can help your company:

*  Customize salesforce.com to support your business processes in all areas of your business including sales, marketing, service, professional services, support, etc..

*  Develop new products on the force.com platform

*  Integrate your product or service with salesforce.com and package it for the App Exchange ( where more than 51,000 existing salesforce.com customers will be able to see your offering)

I looking forward to speaking with you. 

Thank you,

Michael

San Francisco, CA 

(415) 680 3162