• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have an external application written in RoR that needs to write to and retreive data from an encrypted text field in salesforce. I'm using the databasecom gem. Currently, it appears that i'm able to do both these things without doing anything special (like decrypting the values), that doesn't seem correct to me. Is this right? Is there something unique I need to do when working with encrypted fields via the API?

Thanks.

I have an external application that needs to write to and retreive data from an encrypted text field in salesforce. Currently, it appears that i'm able to do both these things without doing anything special (like decrypting the values), that doesn't seem correct to me. Is this right? Is there something unique I need to do when working with encrypted fields via the API?

Thanks.

I'm having a problem when i try to rerender a specific pageblock section as opposed to the entire page. Here's a snippet of the code:

The idea is that I only want a specific section to show, when certain criteria are met. So on the onchange event, i want to rerender that specific pageblock section. But it's not working correctly. It works if i try to rerender the entire page. But i can't do that because then i loose all the values that have been input into all the fields on the form. Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?

<apex:page standardController="case" sidebar="false"> <apex:sectionHeader title="Sponsor: {!$User.FirstName} {!$User.LastName}" subtitle="New Badge Request" /> <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock title="Edit Case" id="thePageBlock" mode="edit"> <apex:actionRegion > <apex:pageBlockSection title="Initiation Information" columns="1" collapsible="false" > <apex:pageBlockSectionItem > <apex:outputLabel value="Is Initiation Required for this Applicant?"/> <apex:outputPanel > <apex:inputField value="{!case.E_Initiation_Required__c}" required="true"> <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="something" status="status2"/> </apex:inputField> <apex:actionStatus startText="Updating required fields..." id="status2"/> </apex:outputPanel> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> </apex:pageblocksection> </apex:actionRegion> <apex:pageBlockSection id="something" rendered="{!case.E_Initiation_Required__c == 'Yes'}"> <apex:inputField value="{!case.Requesting_Organization__c}" /> <apex:inputField value="{!case.Sub_Agency__c}" /> <apex:inputField value="{!case.Region_Num__c}" /> <apex:inputfield value="{!case.Central_Office__c}" /> <apex:inputField value="{!case.Applicant_s_Supervisors_Name__c}" /> <apex:inputField value="{!case.Applicant_s_Supervisor_Phone_Number__c}" /> </apex:pageBlockSection>

</apex:pageblock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

When I put a date input field in a pageblock section that is rendered only when certain criteria are met, once the page is rerendered (by the event) and the field appears, the calendar stops showing up when you click on the field. Alternatively, if i put the field in a pageblock section that is always rendered, it shows up fine. Am I doing something wrong? Or missing something? Here is my code:

Just to further explain the code: The idea here is that when "existing employee" is choosen in the type of applicant field, a new section appears underneath with a lookup to the account object and the existing badge expiration date field. 

<apex:page standardController="case" sidebar="false"> <apex:sectionHeader title="Sponsor: {!$User.FirstName} {!$User.LastName}" subtitle="New Badge Request" /> <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock title="Edit Case" id="thePageBlock" mode="edit"> <apex:pageMessages /> <apex:pageBlockButtons location="bottom"> <apex:commandButton value="Submit" action="{!save}"/> <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/> </apex:pageBlockButtons> <apex:actionRegion > <apex:pageBlockSection title="Applicant Information" columns="1" collapsible="false"> <apex:pageBlockSectionItem > <apex:outputLabel value="Type of Applicant"/> <apex:outputPanel > <apex:inputField value="{!case.Type_of_Applicant__c}" required="true"> <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="thePageBlock" status="status"/> </apex:inputField> <apex:actionStatus startText="Updating required fields..." id="status"/> </apex:outputPanel> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> </apex:pageblocksection> </apex:actionRegion> <apex:pageBlockSection rendered="{!case.Type_of_Applicant__c == 'Existing Employee'}" columns="1"> <apex:pageBlockSectionItem > <apex:outputLabel value="Please lookup the name of the Employee:" rendered="{!case.Type_of_Applicant__c == 'Existing Employee'}" for="AccountName" /> <apex:outputpanel > <apex:inputField value="{!case.AccountID}" id="AccountName"/> </apex:outputpanel> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> <apex:inputField value="{!case.ID_Badge_Expiration_Date__c}"/> </apex:pageblocksection > </apex:pageblock> </apex:form> </apex:page>

I have a trigger that updates the case after it's been submitted, but what's not working is updating the record type. I've tried it a couple different ways and none of them seem to work. Here's the code: Thanks in advance.

trigger updateSponsor on Case (after update) { if (!StaticObjectHelper.getTriggerAlreadyFired() && Trigger.new != null) { StaticObjectHelper.setTriggerAlreadyFired(true); for(Case myCase:trigger.new) { system.debug(myCase); //if (myCase.RecordTypeId == '012300000003H1VAAU') if(myCase.Type_of_Applicant__c != null) { Case sponsorOnCase = new Case (Id = myCase.Id); sponsorOnCase.Sponsor__c = myCase.CreatedById; sponsorOnCase.RecordTypeId = '012300000003VO1'; //mycase.RecordTypeID = '012300000003VO1'; system.debug(sponsorOnCase.Sponsor__c); update sponsorOnCase; system.debug(sponsorOnCase); }// else nothing } } }

I'm making a visualforce page that is a form for submitting cases. What I want to do, is use the Account lookup input field to populate other input fields on the form with information from the account that is being looked up.

Is this possible to do using the standard case controller? Even if the case hasn't been created yet? Can someone give me some guidance. 

Thanks in advance. 

I'm a newbie to visualforce and I need some help. I'm trying to make visualforce page to submit a new case. The page i made is using the standard case controller, and it's working great. But what I want to do, is make it so that when the user clicks the submit button (currently using the save action) it checks that all the validations and required fields are ok (just like it does when it's assocaited with save), but instead of creating the new record I want it to luanch a pop-up where the user must agree to some terms before the case can be created. Then from within the pop-up, if they press OK, then I would want it to save the record and redirect the user, otherwise if they hit cancel, i want it to just hide the popup and allow them to make edits.

Is this easily doable? Can someone help me out? Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? I'm really hoping to use the standard controller because of the way the validations work.

Also, in an Ideal world, I'd really love the pop-up box to be like the module dialog window that was posted here, http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Tutorial:_Modal_Dialogs_in_Visualforce_using_the_Yahoo%21_User_Interface_Library  .

OR, I'm not sure if it's easier, instead of it being a pop-up, if it took the user to a new page, or even dynamically hid the existing sections and showed a new section, those options would work to.

Thanks.

I just read the posting "Modal Dialogs in Visualforce.." on the force.com blog, http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Tutorial:_Modal_Dialogs_in_Visualforce_using_the_Yahoo%21_User_Interface_Library .

I was wondering if you can do this same thing, using a custom button or link on a standard salesforce page. So basically launch a custom modal dialog off of a standard page, and then have the content from the dialog update the standard page. Any ideas?

I have an external application that needs to write to and retreive data from an encrypted text field in salesforce. Currently, it appears that i'm able to do both these things without doing anything special (like decrypting the values), that doesn't seem correct to me. Is this right? Is there something unique I need to do when working with encrypted fields via the API?

Thanks.

We are looking to amend our current sharing to be more restrictive. Within certain teams, we want to change so that the only Accounts that users can see in full are the ones they own themselves.

However, it doesn't make sense to simply hide all other Accounts from them. Instead, it would make sense for them to be able to see Accounts they don't own, but not in their entirety.

For example, on a Account record I don't own, I would be able to see the Account Owner and Account Name, but nothing else - that way I know who to contact internally about it.

How could this be achieved?

I'm having a problem when i try to rerender a specific pageblock section as opposed to the entire page. Here's a snippet of the code:

The idea is that I only want a specific section to show, when certain criteria are met. So on the onchange event, i want to rerender that specific pageblock section. But it's not working correctly. It works if i try to rerender the entire page. But i can't do that because then i loose all the values that have been input into all the fields on the form. Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?

<apex:page standardController="case" sidebar="false"> <apex:sectionHeader title="Sponsor: {!$User.FirstName} {!$User.LastName}" subtitle="New Badge Request" /> <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock title="Edit Case" id="thePageBlock" mode="edit"> <apex:actionRegion > <apex:pageBlockSection title="Initiation Information" columns="1" collapsible="false" > <apex:pageBlockSectionItem > <apex:outputLabel value="Is Initiation Required for this Applicant?"/> <apex:outputPanel > <apex:inputField value="{!case.E_Initiation_Required__c}" required="true"> <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="something" status="status2"/> </apex:inputField> <apex:actionStatus startText="Updating required fields..." id="status2"/> </apex:outputPanel> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> </apex:pageblocksection> </apex:actionRegion> <apex:pageBlockSection id="something" rendered="{!case.E_Initiation_Required__c == 'Yes'}"> <apex:inputField value="{!case.Requesting_Organization__c}" /> <apex:inputField value="{!case.Sub_Agency__c}" /> <apex:inputField value="{!case.Region_Num__c}" /> <apex:inputfield value="{!case.Central_Office__c}" /> <apex:inputField value="{!case.Applicant_s_Supervisors_Name__c}" /> <apex:inputField value="{!case.Applicant_s_Supervisor_Phone_Number__c}" /> </apex:pageBlockSection>

</apex:pageblock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

When I put a date input field in a pageblock section that is rendered only when certain criteria are met, once the page is rerendered (by the event) and the field appears, the calendar stops showing up when you click on the field. Alternatively, if i put the field in a pageblock section that is always rendered, it shows up fine. Am I doing something wrong? Or missing something? Here is my code:

Just to further explain the code: The idea here is that when "existing employee" is choosen in the type of applicant field, a new section appears underneath with a lookup to the account object and the existing badge expiration date field. 

<apex:page standardController="case" sidebar="false"> <apex:sectionHeader title="Sponsor: {!$User.FirstName} {!$User.LastName}" subtitle="New Badge Request" /> <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock title="Edit Case" id="thePageBlock" mode="edit"> <apex:pageMessages /> <apex:pageBlockButtons location="bottom"> <apex:commandButton value="Submit" action="{!save}"/> <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/> </apex:pageBlockButtons> <apex:actionRegion > <apex:pageBlockSection title="Applicant Information" columns="1" collapsible="false"> <apex:pageBlockSectionItem > <apex:outputLabel value="Type of Applicant"/> <apex:outputPanel > <apex:inputField value="{!case.Type_of_Applicant__c}" required="true"> <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" rerender="thePageBlock" status="status"/> </apex:inputField> <apex:actionStatus startText="Updating required fields..." id="status"/> </apex:outputPanel> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> </apex:pageblocksection> </apex:actionRegion> <apex:pageBlockSection rendered="{!case.Type_of_Applicant__c == 'Existing Employee'}" columns="1"> <apex:pageBlockSectionItem > <apex:outputLabel value="Please lookup the name of the Employee:" rendered="{!case.Type_of_Applicant__c == 'Existing Employee'}" for="AccountName" /> <apex:outputpanel > <apex:inputField value="{!case.AccountID}" id="AccountName"/> </apex:outputpanel> </apex:pageBlockSectionItem> <apex:inputField value="{!case.ID_Badge_Expiration_Date__c}"/> </apex:pageblocksection > </apex:pageblock> </apex:form> </apex:page>

I just read the posting "Modal Dialogs in Visualforce.." on the force.com blog, http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Tutorial:_Modal_Dialogs_in_Visualforce_using_the_Yahoo%21_User_Interface_Library .

I was wondering if you can do this same thing, using a custom button or link on a standard salesforce page. So basically launch a custom modal dialog off of a standard page, and then have the content from the dialog update the standard page. Any ideas?