• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

I am developig a web service for a custom Object.I got the multi select pick list values for currencies selected  like "usd,gbp.inr,sgd" etc  from my web service.

Now i am submitting a page with all the selected values from JSP, all the selected currency values in an array.

Now my problem is how to set multiple selected values for currencies selected multipicklist. can anyone please let me know how to set the values to a multi select picklist.Does i need to use any seperator or ?

thanks
Chandra.

Hi,

I am new to SalesForce/Visualforce,I have created a visual force page based on the example blog application,Created blogController and blog Custom object.
Now I want to put this blog page on my site.As said in example both are 2 different visualforce pages.Now In Site I can only specify one page as a home page,How to make it look like a normal web application such as login and show different options to create /read the blogs.and If i put get the listing of the blogs the page displays only the headers and not retrieving any content related to posts/blogs.I have created 2 new posts and was trying to show them on the screen.Is am i missing something ? Please help.

thanks
Chandra.

Hi all,

I am new to sales force.I am just a leraner in this area.My requirement is i need to write the code to upload the pdf documents to the server and retrive them using web services.I tried to follow the basic workbook example and i was ended with Email templates.

Now I tried to create a folder in force.com and want to put all my pdfs there.I tried to crate the folder with name "myFolder" it says invalid,then i queried for the folders in the work space I got my Email temlates folder nothing else.I read somewhere saying we can create a private folders in force.com, can anyone please tell me how to crate a folder with the specified name and to put some documents into that.

Thanks
Chandra.

Hi ,

I have developed a web service using apex code and succesful to invoke it using soap Client.

Now I have one new requirement to upload a file to the custom object. how do I upload a pdf/text file to the custom object from my local file system.Is there any way to do this ? Help Appreciated.

Thanks

Chandra.

Hi ,

I have developed a web service using apex code and succesful to invoke it using soap Client.

Now I have one new requirement to upload a file to the custom object. how do I upload a pdf/text file to the custom object from my local file system.Is there any way to do this ? Help Appreciated.

Thanks

Chandra.

Hi I am new to web services and as well for force.com
 Using the examples provided in force.com I have created a web service in apex code and was able to call from a soap client program using Axis1.4
 Now I have a reqirement to call the same webservice from Spring-WS environment.Can anyone please tell me how to invoke a service from Spring-WS and how can I set the username and pwd for the salesforce.com in request to invoke webservice.Help Appreciated.

Thanks
 chandra.

Hi I am using wsdl 2 java to get java source for the specified WSDL.Iam  using axis-2 1.4 and JDK 1.6 as my environment.

When i used to generate the java code from enterpriseWSDL for the example given in Force.com (QuickStat) I am only getting the 11 classes.Not able to get all the classes. Is i am missing something ? please help.

Hi all,
I am new to force.com and wanna learn what is force.com technology is.I am very much interested to learn webservices creation and invoking the same from a java program.

i found the web services api doc and crated a web service like this using an apex class.
global class Mywebservice
{
 webservice public static mywebservice()
{
System.debug('trying toi insert somehtning.');
}

public testcase
{
Mywebservice.myswebservice();
}

}

Now i am facing the problem.Shall i need to do anythning extra so that this service can be deployed. i donno really ???

after this I went to setup->create->API and clicked on enterpriseWSDL link and got the WSDL file to my computer.I went and verified if my webservice description is there or not  (it is not there).

I did the same to generate the partner wsdl and verified i didnot got anythng .. :(.

can anyone please tell me how to deploy the web service and how to invoke it by using what WSDL or does i need special permissions to do so?

thanks
chandra.

Hi all,
I am new to force.com and wanna learn what is force.com technology is.I am very much interested to learn webservices creation and invoking the same from a java program.

i found the web services api doc and crated a web service like this using an apex class.

{
{
}

public testcase
{
}

}

Now i am facing the problem.Shall i need to do anythning extra so that this service can be deployed. i donno really ???

after this I went to setup->create->API and clicked on enterpriseWSDL link and got the WSDL file to my computer.I went and verified if my webservice description is there or not  (it is not there).

I did the same to generate the partner wsdl and verified i didnot got anythng .. :(.

can anyone please tell me how to deploy the web service and how to invoke it by using what WSDL or does i need special permissions to do so?

thanks
chandra.

hi all,

I am new to force.com platform.

can any one of plz tel me how to generate java source by using wsdl file.

Here i am little confused too:(

there are options are there to use an enterprise wsdl and partner wsdl.

along with them we have a seperate generate wsdl for each apex class.which one to use to generate the java code.

and if possible plz send me some code snippets.

thanks a lot..

chandra.

Hi,
I have developed a simple apex class with a sebservice in it.I want to invoke that web service using a soap client.I was able to geenrate the enterpriseWSDL and got a bunch of java classes using wsdl2java tool.Now can you plz explain how to write a clint or a standalone program to invoke that web service.if possible some code snippet.

Simple apex class
global class MyWebService {
 webservice static void SayHello(String name){
System.debug('hello '+name);
        }
}

I had created a bunch of java files by using the utility of axis WSDL2java.It created almost 11 classes

1) InvalidFieldFault
2) InvalidIdFault
3) InvalidNewPasswordFault
4) InvalidQueryLocatorFault
5) InvalidSObjectFault
6) LoginFault
7) MalformedQueryFault
8) MalformedSearchFault
9) SforceServiceCallbackHandler
10) SforceServiceStub
11) UnexpectedErrorFault.

After creating all the java clsses,I had put them on eclipse and  ensure that they will compile.Now i need to write a soap client to call the webservice Mywebservice and get the response.can anyone plz help me on this.thanks in advance

Hi Guys,

I was tryng to invoke the simple web service which I had defined in force.com using apex code it is a simple say hello program which takes a parm and says hello.

I generated the WSDL for hte same hello program using setu -> api -> apex code -> generate wsdl.

Even i have generated the enterprise WSDL for hte same.

I used the WSDL2java and supplied the enterprise wsdl to geenrate the code and i had put in my dev envioronment and it compiled succesfuly.

Now can anyone of you please let me know how to write a SOAP clinet invoke the web service.

Thanks

Chandra.

Hi Guys,

I was tryng to invoke the simple web service which
I defined in force.com.

I generated the WSDL for hte same .

I used the WSDL2java and supplied hte enterprise wsdl to geenrate the code and i had put in my dev envioronment and it compiled succesfuly.

Now can anyone of you please let me know how to write a SOAP clinet invoke the web service.

Thanks

Chandra.

hi all,

can u guys please let me know how to host a simple helo world application as a webservice in force ?

thnks

chandra

Hi all,

I am developig a web service for a custom Object.I got the multi select pick list values for currencies selected  like "usd,gbp.inr,sgd" etc  from my web service.

Now i am submitting a page with all the selected values from JSP, all the selected currency values in an array.

Now my problem is how to set multiple selected values for currencies selected multipicklist. can anyone please let me know how to set the values to a multi select picklist.Does i need to use any seperator or ?

thanks
Chandra.

Hi ,

Thanks

Chandra.

Hi ,

Thanks

Chandra.

Hi all,

{
{
}

public testcase
{
}

}

thanks
chandra.

Hi Guys,

I was tryng to invoke the simple web service which I had defined in force.com using apex code it is a simple say hello program which takes a parm and says hello.

I generated the WSDL for hte same hello program using setu -> api -> apex code -> generate wsdl.

I used the WSDL2java and supplied the enterprise wsdl to geenrate the code and i had put in my dev envioronment and it compiled succesfuly.

Thanks

Chandra.

hi all,

can u guys please let me know how to host a simple helo world application as a webservice in force ?

thnks

chandra