• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is Chatter accessible to users of the Company Portal (also if anyone knows is GoogleDocs)?

Regards,

Jamie

Hi,

Could someone explain how to configure Sites so that you can have your website www.company.com be attached to the internal Salesforce site www.company.force.com address.  It looks like 'CustomWebAddress' field should have www.company.com and you need to create a CNAME (record) but how do you do that?  And is there any configuration steps to make it work.

from the Sites documentation

Secure Web Address
The optional branded custom Web address that you registered with a third-party
domain name registrar. The custom Web address acts as an alias to your
Force.com address.
To enable a custom Web address, create a CNAME record to your Force.com
domain with that registrar. If you have not registered this address, you encounter
Custom Web Address
an error. Custom Web addresses are not available in sandbox or Developer
Edition organizations.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Jamie

Marin based Financial services company is looking for a developer proficient with Apex and VisualForce development.  The candidate must know how to deploy managed packages across organizations and configure profiles and roles.  Additionally the candidate must have a strong computer science background or applied mathematics background.  The selected candidate will be working on site at the Marin based office.

I am trying to send myself an email with debugging information inside a trigger and  I am trying to pass a debugging message to debugEmail.sendMail

In the  trigger code upon compiling at the "debugEmail.sendMail(msg)" statement I get the error message  "Method does not exist or incorrect signature: debugEmail.sendmail(String)".  What does this mean and how do I fix it?

Trigger code has statements

------------------------------

msg = 'delta' ;

debugEmail.sendMail(msg);

as an Apex class I have the following:

public class debugEmail {

public static void sendMail(String msg) {

}

}

I am trying to write a basic trigger to update the value of a field CliffLength__c with the following:

trigger FillInVestingValues on SecurityTransaction__c ( before update) {

SecurityTransaction__c[] secTransactions = [select CliffLength__c from SecurityTransaction__c where CliffLength__c = null];
    for(SecurityTransaction__c onetransaction : secTransactions) {
         onetransaction.CliffLength__c = 6.2;
    }
  update secTransactions;
}

when I try to save the record expecting CliffLength field to get the value 6.2 I get the following error, what am I doing wrong?

Apex trigger FillInVestingValues caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: FillInVestingValues: execution of BeforeUpdate caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a0K50000000D2wYEAS; first error: SELF_REFERENCE_FROM_TRIGGER, Object (id = a0K50000000D2wY) is currently in trigger FillInVestingValues, therefore it cannot recursively update itself: Trigger.FillInVestingValues: line 7, column 3

We are looking for a Apax, VisualForce developer to help convert a financial services application suite onto the Force.com platform .  We are located in the San Francisco Bay Area

Regards,

Jamie

jcohan@all-rounds.com

Message Edited by jcohanallrounds on 04-09-2009 09:19 AM
Message Edited by jcohanallrounds on 04-09-2009 09:19 AM
Message Edited by jcohanallrounds on 04-09-2009 09:20 AM

If I have a master object called  Vehicles and and a child object called VehicleType with RecordType = {Car, Bike}, how can I show both types of record types results in the layout of the master? 

In this case some of the fields in Car do not apply to Bike so I would want to show the records related to Cars for the corresponding RecordType and different fields for Bike in its recordType layout.  I have only been able to show one generic layout but many of the fields of Car would not apply to Bikes. (see below)

Vehicles (Master)

---------------

Total Number of Vehicles:  2

Car (VehicleType object , recordType = 'Car')

---------------------------------

Acura     4 wheels     Rotary Engine     4 Doors      1 trunk

Bike (VehicleType object, recordType = 'Bike')

-----------------------------------------

Bianchi     2 wheels      

Is there a way to get the values of variables in apex either with an email being sent with the values or is there a way to get the values within Eclipse?

Also I have question about setting values in Lookup Relational widgets

in my Unit test I have the statment

Contact newContact = new Contact(lastname = 'Schwartz', firstname='Jamie', EIN_Tax_id__c = '1111', Investor_Type__c = 'Director' );

and I get the error message
System.StringException: Invalid id: Director 

Investor_Type__c is a Lookup Relation widget in the Contact object that links to the the InvestorType object and there is a value 'Director' in the object. 

Can you set the value of a Lookup Relational field via a new() in Apex?

Is there a way to control if fields are visible in a page layout which is based on the value of a PickList selection (this is different than visibility of fields based on a RecordType which is controlled by the Role of the user)?

if the user selects a picklist VehicleType = 'Car' on a tab then the sections with Car related fields is displayed.  If the user selects VehicleType = "Bike" on a tab then the section with Bike related fields are displayed.  Thus you put all the fields for all vehicles: bike, car, boat, airplane etc in one object and the visibility of the fields will driven by the value of VehicleType selected by the user.

[This is different than hiding values in picklist based on RecordType, since the user is going to select the VehichleType once he begins editting the record and selects the VehicleType and the appropriate fields related to that choice will be visible , and the fields that are not related to that VehicleType will be invisible]

Is there a way to have fields or groups of fields be visible/invisible based on the choice of a picklist field.

For example if VehicleType is 'Car' then fields pertaining to Car such as NumberOfDoors, Transmission etc are visible

and if VehicleType is 'Bike" then fields pertaining to Bike are visible such as  HandleBarType,  BikeSeatType 

I would like to put all the fields of all the VehicleTypes in one object and have the appropriate fields be visible or not depending on what the user selects from the picklist.  

Is this possible?

Hi,

I have a Lookup table i.e.   Key, Value  

How do I filter a LookupRelationship field so the resulting pull down list makes available a subset of the records in Lookup Table?

If the values are  'AccountType',  'Oil';  'AccountType', 'Technology',  'SizeType',  300 in the Lookup table and I want to filter the LookUpRelationship field by Key = 'AccountType' then the Lookup Relationship' field will only show  'Technology' and 'Oil'   (but not 300 because the Key = 'SizeType' and not 'AccountType')

Message Edited by jcohanallrounds on 03-18-2009 03:07 PM

Hi,

Could someone explain how to configure Sites so that you can have your website www.company.com be attached to the internal Salesforce site www.company.force.com address.  It looks like 'CustomWebAddress' field should have www.company.com and you need to create a CNAME (record) but how do you do that?  And is there any configuration steps to make it work.

from the Sites documentation

Secure Web Address
The optional branded custom Web address that you registered with a third-party
domain name registrar. The custom Web address acts as an alias to your
Force.com address.
To enable a custom Web address, create a CNAME record to your Force.com
domain with that registrar. If you have not registered this address, you encounter
Custom Web Address
an error. Custom Web addresses are not available in sandbox or Developer
Edition organizations.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Jamie

I am trying to write a basic trigger to update the value of a field CliffLength__c with the following:

trigger FillInVestingValues on SecurityTransaction__c ( before update) {

SecurityTransaction__c[] secTransactions = [select CliffLength__c from SecurityTransaction__c where CliffLength__c = null];
    for(SecurityTransaction__c onetransaction : secTransactions) {
         onetransaction.CliffLength__c = 6.2;
    }
  update secTransactions;
}

when I try to save the record expecting CliffLength field to get the value 6.2 I get the following error, what am I doing wrong?

Apex trigger FillInVestingValues caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: FillInVestingValues: execution of BeforeUpdate caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a0K50000000D2wYEAS; first error: SELF_REFERENCE_FROM_TRIGGER, Object (id = a0K50000000D2wY) is currently in trigger FillInVestingValues, therefore it cannot recursively update itself: Trigger.FillInVestingValues: line 7, column 3

If I have a master object called  Vehicles and and a child object called VehicleType with RecordType = {Car, Bike}, how can I show both types of record types results in the layout of the master? 

In this case some of the fields in Car do not apply to Bike so I would want to show the records related to Cars for the corresponding RecordType and different fields for Bike in its recordType layout.  I have only been able to show one generic layout but many of the fields of Car would not apply to Bikes. (see below)

Vehicles (Master)

---------------

Total Number of Vehicles:  2

Car (VehicleType object , recordType = 'Car')

---------------------------------

Acura     4 wheels     Rotary Engine     4 Doors      1 trunk

Bike (VehicleType object, recordType = 'Bike')

-----------------------------------------

Bianchi     2 wheels      

Is there a way to get the values of variables in apex either with an email being sent with the values or is there a way to get the values within Eclipse?

Also I have question about setting values in Lookup Relational widgets

in my Unit test I have the statment

Contact newContact = new Contact(lastname = 'Schwartz', firstname='Jamie', EIN_Tax_id__c = '1111', Investor_Type__c = 'Director' );

and I get the error message
System.StringException: Invalid id: Director 

Investor_Type__c is a Lookup Relation widget in the Contact object that links to the the InvestorType object and there is a value 'Director' in the object. 

Can you set the value of a Lookup Relational field via a new() in Apex?

Is there a way to control if fields are visible in a page layout which is based on the value of a PickList selection (this is different than visibility of fields based on a RecordType which is controlled by the Role of the user)?

if the user selects a picklist VehicleType = 'Car' on a tab then the sections with Car related fields is displayed.  If the user selects VehicleType = "Bike" on a tab then the section with Bike related fields are displayed.  Thus you put all the fields for all vehicles: bike, car, boat, airplane etc in one object and the visibility of the fields will driven by the value of VehicleType selected by the user.

[This is different than hiding values in picklist based on RecordType, since the user is going to select the VehichleType once he begins editting the record and selects the VehicleType and the appropriate fields related to that choice will be visible , and the fields that are not related to that VehicleType will be invisible]

Is there a way to have fields or groups of fields be visible/invisible based on the choice of a picklist field.

For example if VehicleType is 'Car' then fields pertaining to Car such as NumberOfDoors, Transmission etc are visible

and if VehicleType is 'Bike" then fields pertaining to Bike are visible such as  HandleBarType,  BikeSeatType 

I would like to put all the fields of all the VehicleTypes in one object and have the appropriate fields be visible or not depending on what the user selects from the picklist.  

Is this possible?

Hi,

I have a Lookup table i.e.   Key, Value  

How do I filter a LookupRelationship field so the resulting pull down list makes available a subset of the records in Lookup Table?

If the values are  'AccountType',  'Oil';  'AccountType', 'Technology',  'SizeType',  300 in the Lookup table and I want to filter the LookUpRelationship field by Key = 'AccountType' then the Lookup Relationship' field will only show  'Technology' and 'Oil'   (but not 300 because the Key = 'SizeType' and not 'AccountType')

Message Edited by jcohanallrounds on 03-18-2009 03:07 PM