• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I created an Opportunity extension class and page, which retrieves related Deals. I could add this page to the Opportunity page layout but not as a related list.

Is there a limitation that the VF page can not be added to the related list or it's the way I defined the page? I am new to VF and pointers or useful code snippet will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Pr@sh...

Message Edited by prabhutum on 04-27-2009 07:13 AM

Cinovate is looking for an intermediate-level Technical Consultant. The ideal candidate will have 1-4 years experience in a developer, team leader, or technical consultant role.

This position offers a unique opportunity to work on exciting customer projects; each with diverse business and technical challenges. Cinovate is a fast paced environment, ideal for ambitious self-starters who enjoy something different each day.

Responsibilities:

• Work closely with project team to determine customer requirements
  • Design and implement technical solutions for customers built on the Salesforce.com platform
  • Configuration, APEX/Visualforce development, report writing
  • Devise and execute data migration strategies
  • Keep executive and project team members apprised of progress and time to completion for all tasks
  • Other duties that contribute to the successful completion of client projects on time and budget

Qualifications:

• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related-field
  • Experience with Salesforce.com configuration preferred, but relevant experience within CRM or related applications is also highly valued,
  • Experience with APEX, and Visualforce preferred
  • Java, JavaScript, PHP, MS .Net, SQL
  • Background in Web Development ideal
  • Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
  • Adept at translating customer requirements into technical specifications
  • Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task, and propensity to handle competing priorities and varying customer demands with poise and professionalism
  • Good business acumen with an understanding as to how a CRM application can be utilized to improve business processes and the bottom line
  • Strong understanding of the value proposition for Cloud Computing/OnDemand models

About Cinovate Cloud Innovation

Cinovate Cloud Innovation is an experienced Salesforce.com consulting partner focused on delivering high quality CRM solutions and helping companies harness the power of Cloud Computing/SaaS models.

Please submit your resume to careers@cinovate.com.  Only qualified applicants will be contacted.

• April 16, 2010
Cinovate is looking for a temporary, full-time, intermediate-level Technical Consultant. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years experience in a developer, team leader, or technical consultant role.
This position offers a unique opportunity to work on exciting customer projects; each with diverse business and technical challenges. Cinovate is a fast paced environment, ideal for ambitious self-starters who enjoy something different each day.

Responsibilities:

• Work closely with project team to determine customer requirements
  • Design and implement technical solutions for customers built on the Salesforce.com platform
  • Configuration, APEX/Visualforce development, report writing
  • Devise and execute data migration strategies
  • Keep executive and project team members apprised of progress and time to completion for all tasks
  • Other duties that contribute to the successful completion of client projects on time and budget

Qualifications:

• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related-field
  • Experience with Salesforce.com configuration preferred, but relevant experience within CRM or related applications is also highly valued,
  • Experience with APEX, and Visualforce preferred
  • Java, JavaScript, PHP, MS .Net, SQL
  • Background in Web Development ideal
  • Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
  • Adept at translating customer requirements into technical specifications
  • Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task, and propensity to handle competing priorities and varying customer demands with poise and professionalism
  • Good business acumen with an understanding as to how a CRM application can be utilized to improve business processes and the bottom line
  • Strong understanding of the value proposition for Cloud Computing/OnDemand models

To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to careers@cinovate.com.
Message Edited by cinov8 on 07-22-2009 06:10 AM

I'm new to the AppExchange and have several apps to publish. I know that each Developers org can only have 1 managed package, but my question is how do I ensure that I am representing only ONE Company profile and then listing all of my applications against the same company?

I know I will need to manage releases for these apps in separate environments, but I just want to ensure that I can cross sell with other listings and not create multiple profiles on the AppExchange.

Forgive me if this is basic but I am running short on time to investigate!

Thanks...

I am converting my website to Sites, but have some PHP script running on one page. Can Sites/Force.com host this code so that it continues to run or do I need to host that particular page outside the platform for now?

Thanks!

How do I package an Email Service that is to be deployed to a Professional Edition environment? The help documentation says this is how Email Services can be used with PE customers, but when creating my package (it is managed) I cannot see how to include the email service or have one created in the PE environment.

Please help!

Can the Outlook Connector be used when using an MS Terminal Services environment where all information is stored on the server, nothing on the local drive?

Thanks.

What is the required value to grant Read/Write access when creating a manual share via APEX? My code now is:

shareRule.AccessLevel = 'read';

..and I need them to have full access. I tried all the combinations but no luck.

Thanx.

Is there a way to display the help text to the end user when using an <apex:outputField> tag?

I am trying to create a custom VF page for both a regular Platform user (i.e. the company) and a Portal User (i.e. their client/partner) on the same custom object so they can each have a special view.

Do I really need to create two VF pages (even though they are identical) and then somehow display the right one based on the users' profile? I was hoping I could create one, override the "View" of the object and it would work, but I get a permissions error until I finally created two completely separate tabs/pages.

I also need a custom VF page when both create an Inspection.

Any ideas? 

Is there a way to programmatically convert a Lead without creating an associated Account, Contact, or Opportunity? I create these via APEX for several reasons and just want to be sure to close the loop on the originating Lead.  If possible, it would be great to convert and associate the Ids for the Account and Contact I have created via code.

Thanks!

I have a Visualforce page on the home page and I want the users to be able to click on a button to launch a "Create New Task" window.  Right now I can have them click on a link and ensure the new page is refreshed within the entire window using:

<a href="/{!task.Id}" target="_top">View Task</>

But if I was using a commandButton which returns a Page Reference, how can I ensure it is pointed towards the parent window and does not just refresh within the iframe on the home page?

Thanks!

I have a visualforce page sitting on the home page within an iframe.  I want the user to be able to click a link on that visualforce page and display the details page for the specific object (e.g. a Task).

When the user clicks the link the page refreshes but only within that iframe. How do I get the parent window (i.e. my main salesforce window) to refresh as if the page was being accessed normally?

Thanks in advance...

• April 29, 2009
This is probably an easy question, but every time I output an error (custom or default) it always shows up on my page in bullet point format.  Is there a way to just output the text without the bullet point?
  • April 27, 2009
Cinovate is a Salesforce.com Partner looking for a Technical Consultant/Developer.

Responsibilities Include:
-  Working closely with other consultants to determine project requirements
-  Building client-specific solutions on the force.com platform using Apex and Visualforce
- Develop data mappings
- Effective, expedient completion of client projects

Qualifications:
- Salesforce.com experience (Visualforce, APEX, Configuration) preferred
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to translate customer requirements into specifications
- Time management, ability to multitask, and propensity to handle urgent interrupts with poise and professionalism
- Business acumen including a good sense of how a CRM application can be utilized to improve business processes and the bottom line
-  Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies
-  Self-starter who can multi-task

For more details on Cinovate, please visit www.cinovate.com

To submit your resume, please email careers@cinovate.com.
  • April 27, 2009

I am using a tab panel to reorganize an Account page.  The issue is that now users cannot leverage the inline editing functionality within the details page (e.g. click on a field to edit).  Can this be turned on somehow?

<apex:page standardController="Account" showHeader="true" tabStyle="account"> <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="name2" id="theTabPanel"> <apex:tab label="Details" name="AccDetails" id="tabdetails"> <apex:detail relatedList="false" title="true"/> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Contacts" name="Contacts" id="tabContact"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="Contacts" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Opportunities" name="Opportunities" id="tabOpp"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="Opportunities" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Projects" name="Projects" id="tabProj"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="Projects__r" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Open Activities" name="OpenActivities" id="tabOpenAct"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="OpenActivities" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Activity History" name="ActivityHistory" id="tabActHist"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="ActivityHistories" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Notes and Attachments" name="NotesAndAttachments" id="tabNoteAtt"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="NotesAndAttachments" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Expenses" name="Expenses" id="tabExp"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="Expenses__r" /> </apex:tab> </apex:tabPanel> </apex:page>

• April 22, 2009

I'm trying to allow the user to click a button in a pageBlockTable to launch a new URL.

Here is the page code:

<apex:column style="text-align: left;vertical-align:middle;">
           <apex:facet name="header">Action</apex:facet>
                    <apex:commandButton value="Log Time" action="{!LogTime}">
                            <apex:param name="selectedJob" value="{!job.Id}"/>
                    </apex:commandButton>
</apex:column>

..and here is the controller function:

public PageReference LogTime() {
        selectedJobID = System.currentPageReference().getParameters().get('selectedJob');
        PageReference ref = new PageReference('/' + selectedJobId);
        ref.setRedirect(true);
        return ref;   
    }

What am I doing wrong?

• April 17, 2009

I am trying to override the "New" layout for a related list object.  The flow is this:

1) User navigates to the related list and clicks "New Object".

2) They should be presented with all the fields on the detail page.

3) When they click Save, I want them to be redirected back to the parent record, not the details for the new related list object. It's like creating a new Contact off an Account, then being redirected to the Account after save as opposed to the Contact details.

How do I pass the parent record Id in via the related list object using Visualforce, or is there an easier way to do this?

• April 17, 2009

I am trying to place a dataTable within a section on a standard Opportunity detail page.  I can get the table to appear, but there is a large white space underneath the table which I cannot get rid of.  Can anyone offer advice on how to best embed a table in this manner and keep as much of the standard formatting as possible?

Here is the code I am using:

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity" extensions="BillingExtension">
    <apex:form >
         <apex:dataTable id="CurrentBillTo" value="{!Bills}" var="bill" bgcolor="#F3F3EC" width="50%" columns="3">
             <apex:column value="{!bill.Bill_To_Account__c}" style="text-align: left;vertical-align:middle;">
                 <apex:facet name="header">Bill To Account</apex:facet>
            <apex:column value="{!bill.Bill_To_Contact__c}" style="text-align: left;vertical-align:middle;">
                <apex:facet name="header">Bill To Contact</apex:facet>
            <apex:column value="{!bill.Billed__c}" style="text-align: left;vertical-align:middle;">
                <apex:facet name="header">% Billed</apex:facet>
         </apex:dataTable>
         <br/>
         <apex:commandButton value="Add New"/>
     </apex:form>
</apex:page>

• April 16, 2009
I am trying to display a list of Tasks in a Visualforce page.  Right now, when I display the "Subject" field it appears as text.  Is there a way to get this to display as a link much the same way as it would if being viewed on the home page or in any related list?  Thanks.
  • April 15, 2009
I'm trying to view my system.debug statements but they never show up in the system log in Salesforce.  Are there any common reasons why this would happen?  I'm in dev mode and using a system admin account.  Thanks.
  • March 30, 2009

I am converting my website to Sites, but have some PHP script running on one page. Can Sites/Force.com host this code so that it continues to run or do I need to host that particular page outside the platform for now?

Thanks!

I am trying to create a custom VF page for both a regular Platform user (i.e. the company) and a Portal User (i.e. their client/partner) on the same custom object so they can each have a special view.

Do I really need to create two VF pages (even though they are identical) and then somehow display the right one based on the users' profile? I was hoping I could create one, override the "View" of the object and it would work, but I get a permissions error until I finally created two completely separate tabs/pages.

I also need a custom VF page when both create an Inspection.

Any ideas? 

I created an Opportunity extension class and page, which retrieves related Deals. I could add this page to the Opportunity page layout but not as a related list.

Is there a limitation that the VF page can not be added to the related list or it's the way I defined the page? I am new to VF and pointers or useful code snippet will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Pr@sh...

Message Edited by prabhutum on 04-27-2009 07:13 AM

I am using a tab panel to reorganize an Account page.  The issue is that now users cannot leverage the inline editing functionality within the details page (e.g. click on a field to edit).  Can this be turned on somehow?

<apex:page standardController="Account" showHeader="true" tabStyle="account"> <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="name2" id="theTabPanel"> <apex:tab label="Details" name="AccDetails" id="tabdetails"> <apex:detail relatedList="false" title="true"/> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Contacts" name="Contacts" id="tabContact"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="Contacts" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Opportunities" name="Opportunities" id="tabOpp"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="Opportunities" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Projects" name="Projects" id="tabProj"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="Projects__r" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Open Activities" name="OpenActivities" id="tabOpenAct"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="OpenActivities" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Activity History" name="ActivityHistory" id="tabActHist"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="ActivityHistories" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Notes and Attachments" name="NotesAndAttachments" id="tabNoteAtt"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="NotesAndAttachments" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Expenses" name="Expenses" id="tabExp"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="Expenses__r" /> </apex:tab> </apex:tabPanel> </apex:page>

• April 22, 2009

I am developing a custom component that has one SelectList and one Command button.

The selectlist is in multi-select mode so an array of string is prepared to capture user selection.

When the button is clicked, an output label will show the values.

Here is the code:

<apex:component controller="zTestComponent" >

<apex:outputPanel id="thepanel">

<apex:selectList value="{!items}" multiselect="true">
<apex:selectOptions value="{!options}"> </apex:selectOptions>
</apex:selectList>
<apex:commandButton value="submit" action="{!submitMethod}" rerender="thepanel"/>
<apex:outputLabel value="{!message}"></apex:outputLabel>

</apex:outputPanel>

</apex:component>

public class zTestComponent {

public List<SelectOption> options
{
get
{
List<SelectOption> op = new List<SelectOption>();
op.add(new SelectOption('1','test 1'));
op.add(new SelectOption('2','test 2'));
return op;
}
}

public List<string> items
{
get;
set;
}

public string message { get; set; }

public PageReference submitMethod() {
message = '';

if (items != null)
for(string item : items)
{
message += item + ',';
}

return null;
}
}

When the button is clicked, the items variable is always null?!  Any one knows why?

I'm trying to view my system.debug statements but they never show up in the system log in Salesforce.  Are there any common reasons why this would happen?  I'm in dev mode and using a system admin account.  Thanks.
  • March 30, 2009

I'm trying to modify my Account view from displaying related lists to a tabbed interface.  I have done this successfully with standard objects, but I get an error when I try to append a Custom Object related list.

<apex:tab label="Expenses" name="Expenses" id="tabExp">
         <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="Expenses" />
 </apex:tab>

I have a Custom Object "Expense" with a master-detail relationship to Accounts.  I use the proper child relationship name but I get an error stating "Expenses" is not a valid child relationship to the Account entity.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

• March 20, 2009
I need to customise my company's customer portal site. I assume I would have to use Visual force for this.

Could somebody provide me with documentation of how one does about doing this? Where can I get documentation on this?

Thanks

Stephen
  • December 10, 2008