• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We use web-to-lead to add customers from our website.

I have created a custom object that is a child (Orders) to our contacts object. This custom object stores all the order information for the customer based on the information they entered on the website (that was sent to the leads object through web-to-lead)

I would like to create a workflow that fires when the convert lead button is clicked. I need a new child (Orders) record to be created and the information from the lead object to be entered into that record. The workflow should link this newly created Order record to the associated Contact record that was created in the convert lead operation.

I have looked through the help files and seen that Workflows are used for the following:

Email alerts

Tasks

Field Updates

Outbound Messages

Is there any way that they can be used to create new records for a child object of Contacts when a lead is converted?

Any help would be most appreaciated!

Sean

I have installed the picture uploader 2.1 as a package. I would like to deploy it, but unfortunately I am not allowed access to do that.

The reason I want to it is because I have created a custom package that includes my contacts object. After uploadeding the newly created package I have trouble downloading in my developers account because it does have the picture uploader package installed (this is needed for the contacts object which accesses the picture uploader).

I tried to download the picture uploader again from the app exchange, but it is no longer there.

My solution is either to be able to deploy the picture uploader from my current salesforce account for access in the developer account.

Or to somehow find the picture loader to download - if someone knows where it is!

There is another another photo uploader on the app exchange, but changing the program we use to upload photos will create more work!

Any suggestions help?

I have created a custom object that has a pick list field. I would like to have the default value of the pick list be the value that was selected from the most recently created record.

For example:

Object1.Record1.value = X (a pick list field)

When I create a new record in Object1 called Record2 the default value in that field must be X if that is the most recently created record.

Can anyone help with this?

We use web-to-lead to add customers from our website.

I have created a custom object that is a child (Orders) to our contacts object. This custom object stores all the order information for the customer based on the information they entered on the website (that was sent to the leads object through web-to-lead)

I would like to create a workflow that fires when the convert lead button is clicked. I need a new child (Orders) record to be created and the information from the lead object to be entered into that record. The workflow should link this newly created Order record to the associated Contact record that was created in the convert lead operation.

I have looked through the help files and seen that Workflows are used for the following:

Email alerts

Tasks

Field Updates

Outbound Messages

Is there any way that they can be used to create new records for a child object of Contacts when a lead is converted?

Any help would be most appreaciated!

Sean

I have installed the picture uploader 2.1 as a package. I would like to deploy it, but unfortunately I am not allowed access to do that.

The reason I want to it is because I have created a custom package that includes my contacts object. After uploadeding the newly created package I have trouble downloading in my developers account because it does have the picture uploader package installed (this is needed for the contacts object which accesses the picture uploader).

I tried to download the picture uploader again from the app exchange, but it is no longer there.

My solution is either to be able to deploy the picture uploader from my current salesforce account for access in the developer account.

Or to somehow find the picture loader to download - if someone knows where it is!

There is another another photo uploader on the app exchange, but changing the program we use to upload photos will create more work!

Any suggestions help?

I have created a custom object that has a pick list field. I would like to have the default value of the pick list be the value that was selected from the most recently created record.

For example:

Object1.Record1.value = X (a pick list field)

When I create a new record in Object1 called Record2 the default value in that field must be X if that is the most recently created record.

Can anyone help with this?