• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Everyone,

At some point yesterday (2/3/2013) it appears that a custom field we had created on the Case object which was defined as Long Text Area (10000) has had all its data truncated to no more than the first 255 chars. This has been applied to all Case records. The last modified dates of these records do not appear to be modified (so no one mistakenly updated them all with just the first 255 chars of data). Our sandbox instance (which was refresh 12/28/2012) is showing all records correctly. The field definition remains Long Text Area (10000) and that has not been modified since it was first created either.

Is anyone seeing anything like this? In prod we are on na13 and in the sandbox on cs15.

We are contacting Salesforce but wanted to post this here as well. Never saw such an issue in SF before...

Thanks,

-John

Hello,

I want to send an email to a Contacts associated with a Project (custom object) when the status of the Project changes.
I have done this by implementeing the follow code in an after update trigger on the Project__c

(core snippet):

for (Project__c project: listProjectNotifyContact)
{
    Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mailSingle = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();
    mailSingle.setTargetObjectId(project.Contact__c);
    mailSingle.setWhatId(project.id);
    mailSingle.setTemplateId(idNotifyTemplate);
    mailSingle.setSaveAsActivity(true);
    mailSingle.setOrgWideEmailAddressId(idOrgWide);
    listSingleEmailMessage.add(mailSingle);           
}

This seems to work just fine. I'm using a VisualForce email template and that is fine too.

Unfortunately what I'm not happy about is that we seem to keep getting "New Task" email notifications sent to the User who changes the status. (These notifications include a copy of the email that was sent to the Contact).

I want to preserve activity the Contact level (so we have the history that the email was sent) but we are getting tired of all the "New Task" email notifications.

Is it possible to disable those New Task email notifications at the User level, but keep the activity history for the Contact?

Thanks,
-lucena

Hi Everyone,

I'm signing a token using the APEX Crypto.sign() method.

I'm then trying to verify/decrypt the signature in C# .NET but I'm not having much luck.

Has anyone had any experience with this? What's the correct approach methodology? (Even if not in .NET but in something else?)

I've generated the PKCS8 private key using openssl.exe, and salesforce seems to sign it without error.

I've then tried to use the public key in C# .NET but I'm not seeing the right result.

Any thoughts/tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-lucena

Hi,

Not sure what i'm doing wrong but I'm not able to get a Case Close Template email to be sent.

I've checked the Support Settings and I'm using the same template for Case Creation Template as for Case Close Template. (The SAMPLE: Case Response one).

When I create a case in the Salesforce UI, I do receive a Case Creation e-mail.

However when I go now and close the case. I get no e-mail.

Been playing around for the past hour but can't get it to work. Maybe it's something silly i'm overlooking?

Any thoughts/help/suggestions to look into would be great.

Thanks,

-lucena

Hi,

I'm calling into a 3rd party API from Salesforce using the APEX WSDL wrapper. That 3rd party API provides access to pdf documents as blobs. I'm able to use APEX to access those PDFs and send them on as e-mail messages (using Messaging.SingleEmailMessage and Messaging.EmailFileAttachment) from salesforce. Works great.

However, I would like to also render that PDF in a VisualForce page (it can either render in the page or provide a popup asking the user if they want to save or open the PDF). I see lots of info on how to render existing Salesforce content in PDF but nothing about how you could do this if you already have the PDF in a blob lets say.

I would think it would be something like:

<apex:page contenttype="application/pdf">

<apex:outputText value="{!PDFBlob}" id="thePDFBlob"/>

</apex:page>

(where i can provide the blob in the controller) but outputText is not the correct component.)

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

-John

Hi Everyone,

At some point yesterday (2/3/2013) it appears that a custom field we had created on the Case object which was defined as Long Text Area (10000) has had all its data truncated to no more than the first 255 chars. This has been applied to all Case records. The last modified dates of these records do not appear to be modified (so no one mistakenly updated them all with just the first 255 chars of data). Our sandbox instance (which was refresh 12/28/2012) is showing all records correctly. The field definition remains Long Text Area (10000) and that has not been modified since it was first created either.

Is anyone seeing anything like this? In prod we are on na13 and in the sandbox on cs15.

We are contacting Salesforce but wanted to post this here as well. Never saw such an issue in SF before...

Thanks,

-John

Create a formula field on the cases object called "Reference"

with the following formula

"[ ref:???????.????" & SUBSTITUTE( RIGHT(Id,11) , "0", "") & ":ref ]"

Replacing the ?? with the data from one of your own ref records.

The Red ?? you can copy directly from one of your own Ref records

The Blue ?? are the first 4 of the Case ID which doesn't change

Once you've created this field you can add it to workflow email templates on the subject line and it will basicly do what SF does when you email out from a case

You can also copy  this Reference when someone sends you an offline email and forward it to your support email with the Ref pasred in the subject line and it will attach that email to your case.

Hi,

Not sure what i'm doing wrong but I'm not able to get a Case Close Template email to be sent.

I've checked the Support Settings and I'm using the same template for Case Creation Template as for Case Close Template. (The SAMPLE: Case Response one).

When I create a case in the Salesforce UI, I do receive a Case Creation e-mail.

However when I go now and close the case. I get no e-mail.

Been playing around for the past hour but can't get it to work. Maybe it's something silly i'm overlooking?

Any thoughts/help/suggestions to look into would be great.

Thanks,

-lucena

I've been adding custom fields and regenerating enterprise wsdl all day yesterday. Of a sudden I try again today and it won't generate. Instead it says:

Invalid Package Version Specification
The specified Package Version Namespace is not installed 

This may be connected to the 4 Installed Packages I have, which each has a Package Version select, but they only have one option in each select so i can't change the Package Version.

We have a Custom Object related to the Account Object called "Schedule" (Displays as a related list on the Account page). We have a trigger written saying that for an Account the Account to Schedule relationship can only be one to one. 

When a user merges accounts multiple schedules can be added to the master which is not allowed but the trigger we have written does not catch this. So I am wondering if there is a way to write a trigger where on a merge it will check if multiple Schedules are trying to be added to the master Account. Then display an error message so that the user needs to go back and remove the extra schedules before they can proceed with the merge.

Really, if anything else I would like more information about how a merge works behind the scenes.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

• August 25, 2009

Hey Guys,

This one has just popped up on a clients org when running test classes, im frantically searching through the config to make sure no one has change something to unique but i havent found anything yet, any ideas?

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: DUPLICATE_VALUE, duplicate value found: <unknown> duplicates value on record with id: <unknown>