• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

My VF Sites application is working fairly well now but there is one nagging detail - the title attribute on the apex:page tag does not seem to flow into the browser.

<apex:page controller="SitesSearchCustomController" action="{!init}" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" title="Foo">

results in a browser page that looks like this (note - no title appears)

Firefox 3.0.8

or (Chrome):

Chrome

or IE7:

What am I doing wrong?

Eric 

Message Edited by studebaker on 04-17-2009 05:57 PM

My Sites application i intended for intranet use (say, 1000 users). Of those 1000 users, only 100 have salesforce user IDs.

I want to put a link on the VF page that says "New Account (salesforce user id required)" and have that link, if clicked, open a new browser tab/window to the new Account (non VF) page.

I thought I could do the following:

<apex:outputLink target="_blank" value="{!URLFOR($Action.Account.New)}">New Account (salesforce user id required)</apex:outputLink>

but this generates a URL of the form:

http://myDomain.sandbox.cs3.force.com/mySite/001/e?retURL=/mySite/apex/myVFpage

Clearly this doesn't work as the generated URL should be either:

• https://cs3.salesforce.com/001/e (if I'm executing in Sandbox)
  • https://na5.salesforce.com/001/e (if I'm executing in Prod)
While I could create these URLs in the controller and make them available to the outputlink component, I'd have to write logic that hardcoded the URL to the Org ID which isn't very portable.

Any ideas here? 

I configured my Site in Sandbox to use Login IP Ranges on the <site name> Profile / Guest User License

1. If the user goes to the home page from one of the defined Login IP Ranges, the page displays

2. If the user goes to the home page from outside of one of the defined Login IP Ranges, the 'Under Maintenance' page displays.

This doesn't seem right - Shouldn't I get the Unauthorized Page?

I want unauthorized users to get a page stating that a) if they are an employee of mycompany - access is available only on the intranet/VPN and b) otherwise, access is denied.  The Under maintenance' page should be used when I, the admin, have the site down for maintenance.

Thanks

Eric 

My VF Sites application is working fairly well now but there is one nagging detail - the title attribute on the apex:page tag does not seem to flow into the browser.

<apex:page controller="SitesSearchCustomController" action="{!init}" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" title="Foo">

results in a browser page that looks like this (note - no title appears)

Firefox 3.0.8

or (Chrome):

Chrome

or IE7:

What am I doing wrong?

Eric 

Message Edited by studebaker on 04-17-2009 05:57 PM
Most of the documentation I've seen has us building our sites on the Developer Org. But it looks like Sites has been enabled on our company org. Can I build the site on our org or are we supposed to be doing this in the developer org?