• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is there a way to customize the Logout page to redirect to a custom page rather than salesforce.com without using SSO?

Thanks

Hi,

when I set showHeader = "false", the System Log stop working (it does not show anything). If I set it to "true", System Log works again. It is a possible bug, or there's a way around?

Thanks

Hi,

I am having a little problem when trying to upsert data to my object. I defined an external ID field in my object, so it can be the mathching field to prevent duplications. The field type is "Auto Number", and when I upsert the data from my .csv file, Data Loader does not recognize my external ID. It said I don't have the external ID defined in my object. But if I change the field type to "Number" of "Text", Data Loader can recognize it.

So is this true that Data Loader does not like "Auto Number" as an external ID field. Is there anyway to go around it.

Thakns

I'm starting to do some research into what it would take to create a Visualforce popup window similar to the standard salesforce lookup windows.  For now, my intention is to try to come up with a stronger lookup window for one of our custom objects, and at the moment I plant to create a link on a visualforce page to bring the popup up.  (This link will be right next to the existing standard salesforce lookup icon.)

I figured I'd start by seeing if anyone else has had any success doing something like this.  The items I am going to tackle first are:

1.  Create the popup window.  -  Don't expect this to be a problem.
2.  Pass parameters to the popup through the URL - Don't expect this to be a problem.
3.  Emulate the existing functionality of an existing Salesforce lookup, so that the lookup window will disappear automatically if the parent window is reselected - Not sure how to implement this one yet
4.  Pass a value, in this case, an Id back to the parent window - Not sure how I'm going to do this, but I'm going to attempt to pass some sort of callback function into the popup so it can return a value

Being able to do something like this leads to the need to be able to override standard Salesforce lookup functionality.  That way this could be easily implemented on standard pages, in addition to VisualForce pages.

If anyone has attempted something like this with Visualforce yet, any learnings would be great!

Thanks!

Jon Keener