• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello

I want to create a workflow on the Case Object.

What we would like to have happen is:

The Case Owner should change to who ever is the current Support Owner, when Resolution Type is changed to "Escalate Client Services", Unless Support Owner is blank. (I have another workflow in place to take care of this part).

Current Object: Case
Fields:

Case Owner (Lookup)

Support Owner (Custom Field, Formula, Lookup) populated originally on the Account Object

Resolution Type (Picklist).

I'm fairly new to Apex Triggers so if that's the path I need to take, I would appreciate any assistance. :)

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks
Nancy

I posted an issue with a javascript button, but  in thinking on it, this may be better suited to a visualforce page.

If you wouldnt mind reading my issue and giving your feedback, I would greatly appreciate it.

I am trying to implement the service console and am stuck on a button issue.

Currently  I have a custom "New Case" button that displays within a contact.  It uses javascript to auto-pop some fields based on user settings

Ex:

window.parent.location.href ="%2F500%2Fe?00N800000034wTE={!$User.Language_Support__c}&cas3_lkid={!Contact.Id}&00N80000003MDbe={!$User.Default_Country_cases__c}&retURL=%2F500%2Fo";

In testing within the console, this will load the case creation form outside the console.  To get around this, I am using the following code (some hard coding in place right now to eliminate variables):

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/22.0/connection.js")} 
if (typeof(srcUp) == 'function') 
{
} else {    
     window.parent.location.href ="%2F500%2Fe?00N800000034wTE={!$User.Language_Support__c}&cas3_lkid={!Contact.Id}&00N80000003MDbe={!$User.Default_Country_cases__c}&retURL=%2F500%2Fo";
}
Now the behavior is working in console (as well as if not in console), however I believe that because the button originates from a "Contact" page, that somehow the controller class is not changing to a case controller.  Even though the main page is laid out correctly, I am not getting the Knowledge or other side bars that should be there (getting contact one still).
Any suggestions on how to fix this, or a more elegant way of doing this would be appreciated.  The built in "New Case" works fine, but I need to pass some $user parameters into case fields during submission, all while remaining within console.

Currently  I have a custom "New Case" button that displays within a contact.  It uses javascript to auto-pop some fields based on user settings

Ex:

In testing within the console, this will load the case creation form outside the console.  To get around this, I am using the following code (some hard coding in place right now to eliminate variables):

{
} else {    
}
Now the behavior is working in console (as well as if not in console), however I believe that because the button originates from a "Contact" page, that somehow the controller class is not changing to a case controller.  Even though the main page is laid out correctly, I am not getting the Knowledge or other side bars that should be there (getting contact one still).
Any suggestions on how to fix this, or a more elegant way of doing this would be appreciated.  The built in "New Case" works fine, but I need to pass some $user parameters into case fields during submission, all while remaining within console.

Hi,

I have a VF page that is working when using an inputfield with a rerender, but I am trying to apply inline editing to the page, and can not figure out a way to make both coexist.

I am at a deadend, and want to find if someone else has an idea.

Ex:

{
} else {    
}

Hello

I want to create a workflow on the Case Object.

What we would like to have happen is:

The Case Owner should change to who ever is the current Support Owner, when Resolution Type is changed to "Escalate Client Services", Unless Support Owner is blank. (I have another workflow in place to take care of this part).

Current Object: Case
Fields:

Case Owner (Lookup)

Support Owner (Custom Field, Formula, Lookup) populated originally on the Account Object

Resolution Type (Picklist).

I'm fairly new to Apex Triggers so if that's the path I need to take, I would appreciate any assistance. :)

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks
Nancy