• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Does anyone know if you can override the default layout for the lookup page on an object?  I want to add a button to add a new record when needed.  For example, you start a new case on an account, and need to lookup the contact for the case.  The contact at the company has not yet been entered and is not in the lookup dialog.  I want to be able to click Add New to bring up the add new contact page to add it on the fly rather than having to go back and add the contact to the company before starting the case.  Any ideas?

Hi guys, I am a new developer for SalesForce and am having some trouble finding documentation on some of the core functions.  I have found very basic documentation on the URLFOR function, but I can't find anything on the valid actions you can call from that function.  For instance, I have made a command button to close a case using the following button:

<apex:commandButton value="Close Case" action="{!URLFOR($Action.Case.CloseCase, Case.id, [retURL=URLFOR($Action.account.View, Case.account.Id)])}"/>

It works great and performs as expected, but where can I find a list of all the other possible actions? 

The main thing I am looking for in particular is the action for changing the owner of a case.  I tried to use the following command button:

<apex:commandButton value="Transfer Case" action="{!URLFOR($Action.Case.ChangeOwner, Case.Id, [retURL=URLFOR($Action.Case.View, Case.Id)])}"/>

But based on the error I am getting when I click it, this seems to be something for mass changing of owners.  Is there a different action to just change the owner of the case currently in context? 

Any help for this newbie would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi guys, I am a new developer for SalesForce and am having some trouble finding documentation on some of the core functions.  I have found very basic documentation on the URLFOR function, but I can't find anything on the valid actions you can call from that function.  For instance, I have made a command button to close a case using the following button:

<apex:commandButton value="Close Case" action="{!URLFOR($Action.Case.CloseCase, Case.id, [retURL=URLFOR($Action.account.View, Case.account.Id)])}"/>

It works great and performs as expected, but where can I find a list of all the other possible actions? 

The main thing I am looking for in particular is the action for changing the owner of a case.  I tried to use the following command button:

<apex:commandButton value="Transfer Case" action="{!URLFOR($Action.Case.ChangeOwner, Case.Id, [retURL=URLFOR($Action.Case.View, Case.Id)])}"/>

But based on the error I am getting when I click it, this seems to be something for mass changing of owners.  Is there a different action to just change the owner of the case currently in context? 

Any help for this newbie would be greatly appreciated :)

I've seen a lot of posts and articles showing how to invoke an action on an object from a commandButton or an outputLink.  Trying to do this for a new contact using contact standard controller, as I've seen suggested is possible, but keep getting Contact.New not an action errors.  Same setup works for for new account with Account standard controller or other actions on Contact, but just not the New action.  Trying to mimic New Contact button on Contact related list.

Is the New method not supported for Contact for some reason?

Thanks.

• March 23, 2009