• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I've just installed the Eclipse IDE with the Force.com plugin on a Mac and it's not behaving the way it did in Windows.  On my Windows machine I had two Force.com projects, one for my development sandbox and one for my production org.  I had selected all of the same metadata components in both projects and would use WinDiff to review all of the differences between the two organizations.  Now, on my Mac, a large number of the metadata objects aren't available to add to my production project.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be?

Thanks,

Allen

The components that I can select in the dev sandbox project that I can't select in the production project are:

email
homepagecomponents
homepagelayouts
layouts
letterhead
objects - standard
profiles
reports
reporttypes
scontrols
staticresources
workflows

• April 06, 2009

Hi everyone,

I've been working on getting an quote sent out as a pdf to customer using visualforce. Here, for some context.

I nailed this down, but I'm unable to come up with a way for this email to be fired based on a field update in an object. I would like to have this whole process run in the background, i,e. no new window which prompts for user to click any button. I have created a custom link (last resort) to display on the opportunity page layout, which redirects to a visualforce page, where a send email button needs to be clicked to send the email out to that particular contact whose on the opportunity record. I would like to move this process to the background and have it run automatically when a particular field is updated.

It would be great if I can write a trigger to run based on a field update, grab the context of the record in view (record id), and pass it to an apex class, where i can use it generate a link for pdf attachment using pagereference, and pass the parameters to my apex email class to send out the email.

Can this be done? If yes, any pointers, or else any alternatives.

Thanks