• Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have created a public visualforce page that allows non-licensed users to enter data related to our accounts. This visulforce page is feeding a custom object titled Productivity. The users can visit the site but there are two issues that occur when trying to enter and save data:

1. Only the Project Number field is available for data entry -- all others fileds are closed

2. When clicking Save, the user gets a an Authorization Required error

I have pasted the code below. I have enabled debug logs but cannot find any exception errors.

Any guidance and recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Carlos

<apex:page standardController="Productivity__c">
<center>
<h1>Welcome to the Boart Productivity Suite</h1>
<br/><br/>
</center>
<apex:form id="ProductivityForm">
    <apex:pageBlock >
        <apex:pageMessages />
        <apex:pageBlockButtons >
            <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockButtons>
        <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Productivity__c}" var="p">
        <apex:column headerValue="Enter Your Details">
            <table>
                <tr>
                    <td>Project Number:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.Project_Number__c}"/></td>
                    <td>Customer:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.Cust_Name__c}"/></td>
                    <td>Date:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.Date__c}"/></td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                    <td>Region:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.DS_Region__c}"/></td>
                    <td>Zone:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.DS_Zone__c}"/></td>
                    <td>Branch:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.DS_Branch__c}"/></td>                    
                </tr>
                <tr>
                    <td>Rig:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.Rig__c}"/></td>                
                    <td>Shift Number:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.Shift_Number__c}"/></td>
                    <td>UOM:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.UOM__c}"/></td>

</tr>
                <tr>
                    <td>Drill Amt:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.Drill_Amt__c}"/></td>                    
                    <td>Drill Hours:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.Drill_Hrs__c}"/></td>                    
                    <td>Other Billable Hours:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.Oth_Billable_Hrs__c}"/></td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                    <td>Billable Reason:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.Billable_Reason__c}"/></td>
                    <td>Other Non-Billable Hours:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.Oth_Nonbillable_Hrs__c}"/></td>                
                    <td>Non Billable Reason:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.Non_Billable_Reason__c}"/></td>
                </tr>
            </table>
        </apex:column>
        </apex:pageBlockTable>        
    </apex:pageBlock>

</apex:form>
</apex:page>

Hi,

Our organization recently launched Salesforce and I have created a company dashboard with a dial that shows the total amount won YTD. This represents the total value of the contracts won. 

The C-level execs like that we can see the data now but their question to me is: have we won enough work to meet our revenue budget this year? And: how does this compare to a previous period?

My question to the community is how are your organizations measuring whether you have won enough deals in a given period? Our contracts span more than a calendar year so at the beginning of each year we enter it with a baseline of revenue. 

I need some help and ideas on how to handle this. I looked at customizable forecasting, but I don't think that will work for me. 

Thanks. 

Message Edited by loscar73 on 08-27-2009 09:46 AM

Hi,

I have created a public visualforce page that allows non-licensed users to enter data related to our accounts. This visulforce page is feeding a custom object titled Productivity. The users can visit the site but there are two issues that occur when trying to enter and save data:

1. Only the Project Number field is available for data entry -- all others fileds are closed

2. When clicking Save, the user gets a an Authorization Required error

I have pasted the code below. I have enabled debug logs but cannot find any exception errors.

Any guidance and recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Carlos

<apex:page standardController="Productivity__c">
<center>
<h1>Welcome to the Boart Productivity Suite</h1>
<br/><br/>
</center>
<apex:form id="ProductivityForm">
    <apex:pageBlock >
        <apex:pageMessages />
        <apex:pageBlockButtons >
            <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockButtons>
        <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!Productivity__c}" var="p">
        <apex:column headerValue="Enter Your Details">
            <table>
                <tr>
                    <td>Project Number:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.Project_Number__c}"/></td>
                    <td>Customer:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.Cust_Name__c}"/></td>
                    <td>Date:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.Date__c}"/></td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                    <td>Region:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.DS_Region__c}"/></td>
                    <td>Zone:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.DS_Zone__c}"/></td>
                    <td>Branch:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.DS_Branch__c}"/></td>                    
                </tr>
                <tr>
                    <td>Rig:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.Rig__c}"/></td>                
                    <td>Shift Number:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.Shift_Number__c}"/></td>
                    <td>UOM:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.UOM__c}"/></td>

</tr>
                <tr>
                    <td>Drill Amt:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.Drill_Amt__c}"/></td>                    
                    <td>Drill Hours:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.Drill_Hrs__c}"/></td>                    
                    <td>Other Billable Hours:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.Oth_Billable_Hrs__c}"/></td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                    <td>Billable Reason:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.Billable_Reason__c}"/></td>
                    <td>Other Non-Billable Hours:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.Oth_Nonbillable_Hrs__c}"/></td>                
                    <td>Non Billable Reason:</td><td><apex:inputField value="{!p.Non_Billable_Reason__c}"/></td>
                </tr>
            </table>
        </apex:column>
        </apex:pageBlockTable>        
    </apex:pageBlock>

</apex:form>
</apex:page>