• ClosedWon

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

I've created a custom clone button for my support analysts to use so that no matter what status their case is in, and no matter what entitlement fields are populated, the newly cloned case will show a status of "New Incident" and all of the entitlement fields will be wiped clean.

Here is my code

/{!Case.Id}/e?clone=1&retURL=%{!Case.Id}&00N700000022SWB='New Incident'&00N700000028niR=&00N700000028niY=&00N700000028nir=&00N700000028niE=&00N700000028nid=

The code works nicely.  The problem I am running into now is that if someone click on the button to innitiate the clone, and them the do not save the clone and click cancel instead they get the "URL No Longer Exists" page.  The URL below is what is shown in the address bar...

https://cs3.salesforce.com/500/P0Q0000000cwJ9

If I just click the back arrow instead of cancel, the browser acts accordingly and goes back to...

https://cs3.salesforce.com/500Q0000000cwJ9

So, why is the "/P0" getting added when I click cancel, and how can I remedy this.

Cheers,

Ward

• May 01, 2009

Hi There - I'm wondering if someone can help.... I'm trying to create a formula field that shows the Month and Year of the Lead Created Date.  For example, if a Lead was created  on 1/11/2009, I want the formula field to show January 09.  I contacted SFDC support but they can't help with formulas.  I tried to create different formulas but I kept getting sytax errors.  Any help you could provide is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

• April 15, 2009
Hi All,

I want to replicate the Clone button as much as possible but with a few changes and I'm not sure how salesforce have done it.

When you click clone now you are taken to a copy of the object in edit mode. Has the copy actually been created at that point and we are just editing or are we just in a 'new' object window?

Also some of the Opportunity custom fields I have made read-only for certain users but I've noticed that clicking clone will still populate those fields in the new object. When I tried to replicate that behaviour I am told that I don't have permission to edit those fields. How does the default Clone button get around that issue?

TIA

Ben