• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a somewhat unusual situation. I am currently developing a Siteforce site in a developer edition org with the plan to eventually export the site and then import into a production org of a client. A couple of the Siteforce pages will make use of the data services.

The question I have is if the object referenced exists in both the developer and production org, will the object remain linked correctly after the import or would I need to re-setup the data service elements? The setup would be quick to accomplish as it's not that complicated. I am leaning toward completing most of the development, importing the site into production, and then doing the data services part of it to avoid rework and save time.

Site.com

I'm currently working on the (free) developer edition of SIte.com to develop a custom CMS implementation for a customer.
From the dropdown menu under the Site.com tab, for the selected site, you have 3 options:

- Duplicate

- Export

- Delete

I have been able to successsfully import a demo site, I have been able to delete sites, but when I click Export, for any of my sites I get the following error:

__MISSING LABEL__ PropertyFile - val PicassoCrudPermissionDeniedException_desc not found in section Exception

Has anyone seen this before, and how do I fix this? Or is site export not an available feature for the developer edition of salesforce? (if so, why show it in a menu as an option?)

Please help!

Thanks in advance,

Yuri ... More

I have a somewhat unusual situation. I am currently developing a Siteforce site in a developer edition org with the plan to eventually export the site and then import into a production org of a client. A couple of the Siteforce pages will make use of the data services.

The question I have is if the object referenced exists in both the developer and production org, will the object remain linked correctly after the import or would I need to re-setup the data service elements? The setup would be quick to accomplish as it's not that complicated. I am leaning toward completing most of the development, importing the site into production, and then doing the data services part of it to avoid rework and save time.

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my Siteforce page to connect to a custom object in Salesforce. I've added a repeater and a repeater element, and I'd like to get the repeater element to display data from a custom field on my custom object. However, the only fields which show up for connecting are the standard and system fields on the object.

The same is true for the repeater itself, when setting up a Filter, and also for Custom Code elements - only standard fields, not custom. Surely there's a way of doing this that I'm missing?

Thanks,

Hetty

Hi there, 

We're running a Sites application at http://citizenschools.force.com/ctapp/ that allows people to sign up to be volunteers with our organization.

On Sunday, 10/11 at 11:30PM EST, we suddenly started to receive Apex Application errors (no changes had been made to the system that day, or in the preceding days).  

The error is:

Apex script unhandled exception by user/organization: 00540000000oi8Q/00D400000008qgXVisualforce Page: /ctapp/apex/CT_Application_Page4System.SObjectException: SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: CT_Application__c.Region__cClass.ctApplicationPage4.<init>: line 17, column 14External entry pointDebug Log:

Any ideas about what could have gone wrong, and where? We're thinking it's a permissions/access issue, but nothing seems to have changed!

Thanks so much,

--Dave