• Director
  • EGA Futura

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a current flow for a community prospect to fill out as an application form flow. Once the form is filled out, our manager is notified, reviews the applicant, and sends them a login link to create a community user. 

My manager would like an update to the flow that when a user starts the flow and completes the first screen, they are prompted to create a Community login. This way they can explore the page right away without having to  finish the flow and then set up the user. 

Is there a way to add the COmmunity user creation page in a flow?
I have a Checkbox Group to display on a Screen Flow.  How do I select all checkboxes by default when the screen displays?
I am building a form which in the end is having some declaration which needs to be checked by the user in order to go to the next screen. Unable to get the same using checkbox and have used checkbox group however even in checkbox group selection of one is mandatory.
Is there any way to have all needs to be checked to move to the next screen As group is having only one marked as required condition
Hey all I just installed Account Contact Relationship Hierarchy by Salesforce Labs
https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N3A00000Ecr7DUAR

Its a great app honestly and it does mostly what i want it to do, but it feels like an unfinished product.
I know salesforce labs doesnt offer support and i cant find the source code of this app.

1. whats the point of having a general empty silhouette picture of a head without letting you populate a picture there?
Is there any one that know how i can get this picture to populate form my Linkedin Sales navigator integration?

2. How can i copy the "contact hierarchy" button or have another button link to it? my URL hacking skills are not there.

Thanks!
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create my first mail Template visualforce page , and in this page i have to put a related list associated on the Objects "contracts" , the relate list is called "Machines under Warranty" (ass you can see in pic):
User-added image

The primary objective is to create an email template wich contain the Machine in Warranty according to the actual contract of the client.

Here is my visualforce templace (sorry if its really bad because i don't have the time to train on this and i have an urgent asking from my Customer service):

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="PellencST Warranty test" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Contract">
<messaging:htmlEmailBody > 
<html>

<body>

<STYLE type="text/css">

TH {font-size: 11px; font-face: arial;background: #CCCCCC; border-width: 1;  text-align: center }

TD  {font-size: 11px; font-face: verdana }

TABLE {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}

TR {border: solid #CCCCCC; border-width: 1}

</STYLE>
      <font face="arial" size="2">

<p>Bonjour,</p>
<p>Nous vous informons que la garantie de vos trieurs optique PellencST arrive à échéance.</p>

<p>En effet votre contrat de garantie a débuté le {!relatedTo.StartDate} et se termine le {!relatedTo.EndDate} pour les machines suivantes:</p>

<p>Vous trouverez ci-dessous un tableau récapitulatif des différentes options de contrats de services auxquelles vous pouvez souscrire afin de garder un service adapté pour un fonctionnement optimum de vos équipements:</p>

<table border="0" >
    <tr >
        <th>Machine Name</th>
    </tr>
    <apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.Machine__c}">
        <tr>
            <td>{!cx.Machine_Name__c}</td>
        </tr>
    </apex:repeat>                
</table>
<p />

<p>Désormais votre dossier est suivi par notre Service Client ainsi pour tous conseils dans ces démarches vous pouvez contacter notre service au 04.90.09.47.94 ou par mail au sav@pellenct.com.</p>

<p>Le service client PellencST</p>

<p>sav@pellencst.com</p>
<p>+334 90 09 47 94</p>
<p>PELLENC ST</p>

<p>Pellenc ST | 125, rue François Gernelle | 84120 Pertuis | France | pellencst.com | +33 4 90 09 47 94</p>

<p>This email transmission is confidential and intended solely for the person or organization to who it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not take any action in reliance of it.</p>
<p>Ce message et les pièces jointes sont confidentiels et établis à l’intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation de ce message non conforme à sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite, sauf autorisation expresse.</p>
            </font>
        </body>
    </html>
</messaging:htmlEmailBody > 

</messaging:emailTemplate>

The thing is i got a problem with this part i think:

<table border="0" >
    <tr >
        <th>Machine Name</th>
    </tr>
    <apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.Machine__c}">
        <tr>
            <td>{!cx.Machine_Name__c}</td>
        </tr>
</table>
<p />

Salesforce keep repeating me "Error: Unknown property 'String.Machine_Name__c'

Can someone help me with this, or maybe with the full template as i think, i have made many mistake.

Thanks !!
I want to show 5 different custom object records in hierarchial way in Visualforce page. All these 5 objects are linked thru parent child relationships
CObject1
      CObject 2
             CObject3
                   CObject4
                         CObject5

As you see, each object is child to another. Now I want to display first record of CObject1 then followed by all its children and then second record of CObject1 followed by all 4 children and so on. How can I achieve it?

Hi all,

I am trying to build an email template, where I can diaplay information about three objects:

- Opportunity has a lookup to Account
- Account has a Contacts related list

What I want is to show:

- Opportunity.Name : it is possible
- Account data: it is possible
- Contacts data: not possible?

The RelatedToType would be Opportunity, so when the opportunity has change in the stage, this should fire an automatic email, the content in the email template.

Does anybody know if this can be handled in an email template?

Hi SalesForce Community. 

I am hoping you can help,I have encountered different issues with my email template, and i have searched different forums and getting my self more and more confused.

To give some context I am trying to Create a VF email template that returns fields from the related list on the sales_and_marketing__c object.

I have three objects in question (See Two images attached)
sales_and_marketing__c, 
Material_Records__c, 
Materials_Junction__c

When on the sales_and_marketing__c object there is a related list.
When you scroll down to the related list and click on new it opens up a pop up box which is the Materials_Junction__c. (See image below)
User-added image
Materials_Junction__c object has three fields. 

Material_Records__c Data Type Master-Detail(Material Records)
Quantity__c  Data Type Number(18, 0)
sales_and_marketing__c Data Type Master-Detail(Sales & Marketing)

When you click on the magifning class on "Materal record" fields you are presenting with the following.
User-added image

Which is this object 

Material Records Object

after selecting your materials you will return to this screen(See below) you add in a quanity amount and press save.
User-added image
Once you push "save" the materials you have selected along with quantity will be presented on the  sales_marketing object (as seen below)

User-added image

On my email template i should see .

Name of "Sales and Marketing" Record ( so example above it would be "Test")
Then 5 lines to show the products, item , quantity  

Products and Item comes from the Material_Records__c object, and quantity  from the Materials_Junction__c object

This is my attempt at my VF page 

<messaging:emailTemplate recipientType="Contact"
relatedToType="sales_and_marketing__c"
subject="Testing VF page: {!relatedTo.name}">

<html>
    <body>
    <STYLE type="text/css">
        TH {font-size: 11px; font-face: arial;background: #CCCCCC; border-width: 1;  text-align: center } 
        TD  {font-size: 11px; font-face: verdana } 
     </STYLE>

<p>Dear {!recipient.name},</p>
<p>Below is a list of materials related to : {!relatedTo.name}.</p>

<table border="0" >
    <tr > 
        <th>Action</th><th>Case Number</th><th>Subject</th><th>Creator Email</th>
    </tr>
    <apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.Materials_Junction__r}">
        <tr>
            <td><a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/{!cx.Materials_Record__c}">View</a> |
            <a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/{!cx.Materials_Record__c}/e">Edit</a></td>
              <td>{!cx.Materials_Record__r.Product__c}</td>
        <td>{!cx.Materials_Record__r.Active__c}</td>
        <td>{!cx.Materials_Record__r.Item__c}</td>
            </tr>
</table>
<p />
     </font>
        </body>
    </html>
</messaging:htmlEmailBody> 

<messaging:plainTextEmailBody>

Dear {!recipient.name},

Below is a list of cases related to Account: {!relatedTo.name}

[ product ] - [ active ] - [ Itemss] 

<apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.Materials_Junction__r}">
[ {!cx.Materials_Record__r.Product__c} ] - [ {!cx.Materials_Record__r.Active__c} ] - [{!cx.Materials_Record__r.Item__c} ]  

For more information login to http://www.salesforce.com
</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>    

How can a Flow's Wait Logic Offset Unit be set in minutes?  Is there a way to convert hours or days to minutes using decimals?  For example does 0.1 = 6 minutes?

User-added image
Hi,

I have a custom object to store Milestones and Tasks for a Project Management application which I am building in Salesforce. The Mielstone and Tasks are distinguishable in the custom object using a different record type.

Since Tasks are child of milestones , I need to display my complete project hierarchy using a tree view. I am able to bring in the data however I am facing issues with aligning the column width if I go deeper in the tree view. I want to show 4 columns. Can someone please guide me how to show the tree view keeping the column width fixed?

I tried using nested table but the view becomes clumsy with indendation of the column header as well.

What I want to achieve is something like the one given below

Name                                  Duration                           Assigned to
Milestone 1
        Task 1                         10                                    ABC
        Task 2                         20                                    XYZ
        Milestone 2             
                  Task 1 M2          10                                    DEF
Hi All,

I have orders, were generated by users and for every product we have QR code and code will scan using scanner or mobile app, when ever we scan that QR code that value should store into salesforce system. it is very urgent please help me out.

Thanks,
A.JAgadeesh.
Creating a VF email tempate for the opportunity object. On the opportunity object we have a related list called Note to Distributor (API Name: Note_to_Distributor__c). I am trying to have the Note to Distributor to appear in the the VF emial template. 

I am recieving the following error: Invalid field Note_to_Distributor__c for SObject Opportunity. This is the section of the code regarding the error. I am not sure why API Name for Note to Distributor is incorrect?
<apex:repeat var="noteToDis" value="{!relatedTo.Note_to_Distributor__c}">
              <tr>
                <td><a href="https://cs16.salesforce.com/{!noteToDis.id}">View</a> |  
                <a href="https://cs16.salesforce.com/{!noteToDis.id}/e">Edit</a></td>
                <td>{!noteToDis.Note_To_Distributor_Body__c}</td>
                <td>{!noteToDis.CreatedDate)}</td>
              </tr>

Here is the entire VF Email Template Code:
  relatedToType="Opportunity"
  subject="New Note to Distributor: {!relatedTo.ChannelRequestAuthorization__c}"
  replyTo="pmiprogrammanager@qlogic.com">
    <html>
      <body>
        <STYLE type="text/css">
          H3 {color: #004488}
          TH {font-size: 13px; font-face: arial; color: #004488; background: #dfdfdf;
               border-width: 1;  text-align: center } 
          TD  {font-size: 11px; font-face: arial } 
        </STYLE>
      <h3>Request:{!relatedTo.ChannelRequestAuthorization__c}- New Note</h3>    
          <p>A new note has been added to the opportunity request. Please see details below. For more information regarding this registration,login into your PMI account and or contact your Qlogic Channel Sales Representative.</p>
          <table border="1" >
            <tr> 
               <th>Request Details</th>
            </tr>
            <tr>    
               <td><b>Channel Authorization Number:</b></td>
           <td>{!relatedTo.ChannelRequestAuthorization__c}</td>
            </tr>
            <tr>    
               <td><b>Distributor:</b></td>
           <td>{!relatedTo.Distributor__r.Name}</td>
           </tr>    
           <tr>
               <td><b>Reseller:</b></td>
           <td>{!relatedTo.Reseller__r.Name}</td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
               <td><b>End User:</b></td>
           <td>{!relatedTo.Account.Name}</td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
              <th>Product List</th><th>Quantity </th>
            </tr>
            <apex:repeat var="opp" value="{!relatedTo.OpportunityLineItems}">
              <tr>
                <td><a href="https://cs16.salesforce.com/{!opp.id}">View</a> |  
                <a href="https://cs16.salesforce.com/{!opp.id}/e">Edit</a></td>
                <td>{!opp.PriceBookEntry.name}</td>
                <td>{!ROUND(opp.Quantity,0)}</td>
              </tr>
            <apex:repeat var="noteToDis" value="{!relatedTo.Note_to_Distributor__c}">
              <tr>
                <td><a href="https://cs16.salesforce.com/{!noteToDis.id}">View</a> |  
                <a href="https://cs16.salesforce.com/{!noteToDis.id}/e">Edit</a></td>
                <td>{!noteToDis.Note_To_Distributor_Body__c}</td>
                <td>{!noteToDis.CreatedDate)}</td>
              </tr>
       </table>
      <p/>
   </font>
  </body>
 </html>
</messaging:htmlEmailBody>  

I appreciate the help!

Beth

I am trying to work out the best way to go about the below:

We have a event registration form in FormAssembly, that when a invitee fills it out it creates a Registration record in Salesforce 

What we need to happen is that when the record is created, a ‘ticket’ with a unique QR code is generated and emailed to the user. When the user scans the QR code at conference, the Attending tickbox is ticked under their registration in Salesforce and their badge (to go in their lanyard) is printed.

I know there are a number of apps available on app exchange but we don't require the whole kit and kaboodle, we just need to work out how to generate a unique qr code when a registration record is created, email it to the user, and save a copy of the email (or qr code) on the record, and finally, when the qr code is scanned at conference to have a 'attentding box' ticked under their registration.

Any ideas??

Thanks!  

Documentation says that "a single Flow may have up to 50 versions".

Is this the case even if the version is deleted? Trying to understand if it means 50 versions in the UI or that no matter what's been deleted, you cannot increase the version past 50.

Thanks,
Darrell

Hello,

Has anyone tried calling the $flow.CurrentDate system variable in flows? This actually seems like a bug. Regardless of what time you invoke the function, it ALWAYS returns 7:00 PM of the PREVIOUS day.

Is there a setting or way to fix this?

Hi All -

I am new, so please forgive my green - but I am having a perplexing problem in generating a Visual Force email template showing related lists for a custom object.

I CAN get a list of Cases related to an Account with no problem, but when I put in a custom object  (Child Relationship Name "Suppliers") which is also (Master-Detail) related to Account I get the following error: Error: Invalid field Suppliers for SObject Account

I have tried everything I can think of - using API name instead, appending "__c" to the end, but it seems that i can't make any lists at all with custom objects in this code.

Is there a restriction within this type of code that allows only lists with standard objects or is there something I'm missing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not good enough to make a custom Apex controller yet and a little under the gun to kluge something together.

Thanks much,

Lex

Below is relevant code:

relatedToType="Account"
    subject="Supplier report for Account: {!relatedTo.name}"
    replyTo="support@acme.com" >
<html>
    <body>
     <STYLE type="text/css">
           TH {font-size: 11px; font-face: arial;background: #CCCCCC; border-width: 1;  text-align: center }
           TD  {font-size: 11px; font-face: verdana }
     </STYLE>
      <p>Dear {!recipient.name},</p>
      <p>Below is a list of supplier records related to the account: {!relatedTo.name}.</p>
<table border="0" >
        <tr >
            <th>Action</th><th>Product</th><th>Status</th><th>Creator Email</th><th>BL date</th>
         </tr>
<apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.Suppliers}">
   <tr>
       <td><a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}">View</a> |  
       <a href="https://na1.salesforce.com/{!cx.id}/e">Edit</a></td>
(...snip...)

I have a custom object named Consultant that holds contact information for consultants of our company.  FirstName and LastName are the two fields within this custom object that represent the consultants name.  My issue, is that when running a lookup to this Consultant object, the record name is the value that comes up.  I can add fields to the lookup so you could see the FirstName and LastName but there is still a problem.  The object that is related to Consultant, will only show the record name in the lookup field in the record.  I want to make my record name for Consultant a formula field that is a concatenation of First Name and LastName.  The standard object Contact has a setup like this and I want to replicate it.  I don't see how to handle this if it's even possible.  Can this be done and if so, how?

Thanks,

Ralph

Hey guys,

is it possible to concatenate a Record Name with several fields ?

In fact, I want my Custom Object Record Name to look like the Standard Contact Object (First Name + Last Name).

Thx a lot,

Best Regards.
  • September 09, 2008
I have a custom object Employee which has a First Name field and a Last Name field.  I would like the "Record Name" displayed to the user everywhere for this object to be the concatenation of the First Name and Last Name field.  However, when the user enters a new Employee they should type First Name as one field and Last Name as another.  It seems to me that when I create a custom object the field name I give for the Record Name is the field that displays everywhere, but I don't see any way to make it a computed field. Is it possible to do this with a custom object? The build-in object Contact works this way, so I'm thinking there must be a way to do it.