• 50 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Help this admin - wanna be developer out. Is there a faster way for creating custom fields that slogging through the multi step process? Especially when the layout and profile security settings will be the same exact clicks dozens of times?

I bet there's a tool that I'm just unaware of.

Message Edited by JAW99 on 05-22-2009 11:41 AM
  • May 21, 2009

Please excuse my ignorance on something that may be quite simple for some of you. Thanks in advance for assisting me in learning how to maximize the potential of Salesforce.

I am using the free quote line item app from app exchange and would like to have the visualForce page that generates the PDF be dynamic. Possibly an if statement that will go up to the quote and check the value of the custom picklist I created, 'template__c' and then use this value to determine which visualforce page to use for the quote. The conditions might be something like this:

String template;
template = quote.template__c;  

if ( template == 'quote1' ) {
PageReference pdfPage = new PageReference( '/apex/quotePDF');
}

if ( template == 'quote2' ) {
PageReference pdfPage = new PageReference( '/apex/quotePDF');
}

I could not figure out how to get the quote.template__c value and store it in a variable so that it could be used to select the correct template. This is the section of the controller that generates and attaches the PDF.

/* The action method that will generate a PDF document from the QuotePDF page and attach it to the quote provided by the standard controller. Called by the action binding for the attachQuote page, this will do the work and take the user back to the quote detail page. */

public PageReference attachQuote() {

/* Get the page definition */
PageReference pdfPage = new PageReference( '/apex/quotePDF' );

/* set the quote id on the page definition */
pdfPage.getParameters().put('id',quote.id);

/* generate the pdf blob */
Blob pdfBlob = pdfPage.getContent();

/* create the attachment against the quote */
Attachment a = new Attachment(parentId = quote.id, name=quote.name + '.pdf', body = pdfBlob);

/* insert the attachment */
insert a;

/* send the user back to the quote detail page */
return controller.view();
}

Message Edited by JamesZ on 07-24-2009 05:04 PM

Is it possible to write code that would embed a version number in the footer of a document when it was uploaded into Salesforce Content?

If it's possible, does anyone have a recommendation on who might be able to write this so that our company can embed versioning in documents that we would email and clients might print.

thanks,

james

Let me begin by saying that I can click to program (not a programmer).

I have designed a very basic survey form that I would like to display to customers so they can submit a review and then be redircted to a thank you page. I do not know how to execute the redirect when they click submit. I am using the following code to Save the record.

<apex:pageBlockButtons >
          <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Submit Questionnaire"/>
      </apex:pageBlockButtons>

The site is enabled and I can view the form and fill in all of the fields, however, when I click Submit the following error page is displayed, "Page Not Found {VisualForcePage}/{Record ID}"

I know that the guest user doesn't have permissions to view the detail record which is why they receive the "Page Not Found..." message and I don't want them to view it, I want them to be redirected to a second Visualforce Page that essentially says, "Thank You."

Hello,

I am trying to setup a date time stamp at the top of an email template so it would look something like this:

Jul 15 2009 10:01AM

I have tried using the {!Now()} function in my email template but it comes out as GMT which is a few hours ahead of us here in CST.  

Could anyone tell me a better way to add today's date to the top of an email?  I've been all through the discussion boards and Technical Library and can't seem to find it.  If I missed an example or discription a link to that would be great too.

Thanks in advance,

Marc Petersen

Let me begin by saying that I can click to program (not a programmer).

I have designed a very basic survey form that I would like to display to customers so they can submit a review and then be redircted to a thank you page. I do not know how to execute the redirect when they click submit. I am using the following code to Save the record.

<apex:pageBlockButtons >
          <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Submit Questionnaire"/>
      </apex:pageBlockButtons>

The site is enabled and I can view the form and fill in all of the fields, however, when I click Submit the following error page is displayed, "Page Not Found {VisualForcePage}/{Record ID}"

I know that the guest user doesn't have permissions to view the detail record which is why they receive the "Page Not Found..." message and I don't want them to view it, I want them to be redirected to a second Visualforce Page that essentially says, "Thank You."

Help this admin - wanna be developer out. Is there a faster way for creating custom fields that slogging through the multi step process? Especially when the layout and profile security settings will be the same exact clicks dozens of times?

I bet there's a tool that I'm just unaware of.

Message Edited by JAW99 on 05-22-2009 11:41 AM
  • May 21, 2009