• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have done some evaluating of the Excel Connector and feel that it will be a valuable solution to our problem, however I think steps involved are going to be too cumbersome for the users do on a daily basis.

Basically I want to be able to create an excel spreadsheet with functionality built through macros, which have the ability to call the functions from the Excel Connector (i.e. refresh data, insert, update).

Is there any documentation that defines what the functions are so that they can be called from another macro/function?

In the documentation, Ron states

"Each user who requires the Sforce Connector will need to perform this step on their system.

In Excel the Macro Security settings must allow you to run Macros. Note the Add-In is not a signed macro file, so your may need to adjust your security settings to Medium or Low, unless you sign the file yourself. To check your settings click on the following links in Excel".

I would love to sign the code so we can keep our settings on high, but since this is a password protected VBA script I cannot make this work.

a: Is there some trick that would allow me to sign this code without the password?

b: (This is more directly to Ron Hess) If I provided a certificate, would you be willing to send back a signed vba file?

I know I can "just lower security to medium" and the user can "just choose to allow" every time they start Excel, but this is annoying for the user and I really don't want to start getting lax about any aspect of our security ;-)

Any ideas?

Phred

• February 24, 2009