• 25 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am trying to create a complex nested IF formula, but I keep getting an error 'invalid parameters'.  Can anyone see what is incorrect?

IF (ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Closed Won"),
IF( Qualifier__c <> OwnerId ,
IF(
Users__c<20,150,
IF(
Users__c<50,300,
IF(
Users__c<100,750,
IF(
Users__c>=100,1500,0
)
)
)
)
),
)

Hi - SF Help & training indicates that you can add up to 4 columns to a dashboard table.  I'm still struggling with it, I can only get it to show 2.  Has anyone been successful with this?

Thanks

Hi - I am trying to set a validation rule which will not let the sales team enter a close date less than the date when they mark an opportunity to closed/won. 

This is what I have:

AND(ISPICKVAL( StageName, 'Closing Agreement (Won)',  CloseDate < today()))

This is the error message:

Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function ISPICKVAL(). Expected 2, received 3

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I am trying to wite a formula which populates a field when another field isn't blank:

if GERMAN_TITLE_C  is not blank, then FIELD B = ENGLISH_TITLE_C, else Null

This is what I started with:

IF(NOT(BLANKVALUE(German_Title__c , English_Title__c, null)))

Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function BLANKVALUE(). Expected 2, received 3

Does anyone have any ideas?  Thanks!

I am trying to write a formula which compares 2 criteria, for quarterly reporting purposes.  One is a picklist value and one is a text formula field.  The scenario is this:

If ISPICKVAL = "MGM" and EXHIBITION MONTH = "JAN" THEN "MAR", EXHIBITION MONTH

OR

If ISPICKVAL = "MGM" and EXHIBITION MONTH = "FEB" THEN "MAR", EXHIBITION MONTH

OR

If ISPICKVAL = "MGM" and EXHIBITION MONTH = "APR" THEN "JUN", EXHIBITION MONTH...etc

Please help if you can.  Thanks!

Hi - I am hoping someone can help me with my dilemma.  We license movies for non theatrical screenings.  We have two types of agreements with our customers.  One type is a general agreement where we have screening dates that are specific, i.e. company XYZ will be showing Shrek on 2/12/10 and Iron Man on 2/24/10.  We have many customers that show up to 20-30 movies so all of these are separate products.

Our second type of agreement is a Master contract whereby a comany pays for 30 movies for the month of February and then later reports the screening information the next month.

For royalty purposes, we report the revenue to the studio by the screening date for the first type of contract and by the reported date for the second type of contract, but for the second type we still need to capture the screening dates for internal reporting purposes.

Right now I have 2 date fields at the opp product level.  "Start date" for contract 1 and "start date" and "screening date" for contract type 2.  The sales people have asked me if there is a way to autofill the start date for the second type of contract as it will always be the same and they don't want to have to key in 2 sets of dates when the order is for 40 movies (products).  Does anyone have a solution to this?  I have searched the community but can't find anything.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I am trying to write a validation rule which forces a currency entry when a stage is selected on an opportunity:

When stage = "needs assessment", first year value > 0

This is what I have: AND(ISPICKVAL( StageName, "Needs Assessment"), First_Year_Value__c <> 0 )

but I get no error message when I test it in an opportunity.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ellen

Hi,

Is it possible to have a message come up when a user selects a value from a picklist?  I don't need a validation rule, just a message.

Thanks

Ellen

Hi.  Our org. has thousands of products.  When we go to add multiple products to one order, we select a few from the first page of the products screen.  When we select "go to next page" we get the message that "your selections from this page will be lost."  How do we select multiple products from multiple pages without losing the products we have already selected?

Thanks.

E

Hi,

Is there a way to add the clone button to opportunity products? 

We have a lot of custom fields on our Opp. products page.  It defaults to one long horizontal screen.  Is there a way to set up the page like the other object pages?  My sales reps find it difficult to have to keep scrolling to the right.

I want to create a formula to subtract the value of a field titled 'Number of Patients on List' (in Opportunities) from a field titled 'Number of Patients' (in Accounts).

The problem is I can only see the field 'Number of Patients' when creating the formula and not 'Number of Patients on List' as it is in Opportunities and not Accounts. Is there anyway to get access to an Opportunity field in Accounts for the purpose of the formula?

I have tried referencing it as $Opportunity.Number_of_Patients_on_List__c but it is not recognised when I check the syntax.

Is there a way to do a cross-object formula?

I am trying to get the content that is my 'Account Record Type' Field to populate at the contact level for every contact under that particular account.  I have tried mapping, workflow, and formulas and am at a loss.  Doesn't see like it should be this hard.  I appreciate any help with this.

Where is Mapping of picklist values to a particular RecordType defined?

I couldn't find it in the API.

• March 04, 2010

I am trying to wite a formula which populates a field when another field isn't blank:

if GERMAN_TITLE_C  is not blank, then FIELD B = ENGLISH_TITLE_C, else Null

This is what I started with:

IF(NOT(BLANKVALUE(German_Title__c , English_Title__c, null)))

Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function BLANKVALUE(). Expected 2, received 3

Does anyone have any ideas?  Thanks!

I am trying to write a formula which compares 2 criteria, for quarterly reporting purposes.  One is a picklist value and one is a text formula field.  The scenario is this:

If ISPICKVAL = "MGM" and EXHIBITION MONTH = "JAN" THEN "MAR", EXHIBITION MONTH

OR

If ISPICKVAL = "MGM" and EXHIBITION MONTH = "FEB" THEN "MAR", EXHIBITION MONTH

OR

If ISPICKVAL = "MGM" and EXHIBITION MONTH = "APR" THEN "JUN", EXHIBITION MONTH...etc

Please help if you can.  Thanks!

I am trying to write a validation rule which forces a currency entry when a stage is selected on an opportunity:

When stage = "needs assessment", first year value > 0

This is what I have: AND(ISPICKVAL( StageName, "Needs Assessment"), First_Year_Value__c <> 0 )

but I get no error message when I test it in an opportunity.

Thanks

Ellen

Hi,

Is it possible to have a message come up when a user selects a value from a picklist?  I don't need a validation rule, just a message.

Thanks

Ellen

I am trying to create a complex nested IF formula, but I keep getting an error 'invalid parameters'.  Can anyone see what is incorrect?

IF (ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Closed Won"),
IF( Qualifier__c <> OwnerId ,
IF(
Users__c<20,150,
IF(
Users__c<50,300,
IF(
Users__c<100,750,
IF(
Users__c>=100,1500,0
)
)
)
)
),
)

The search lookup box is not working in my app for some objects.  If I leave the box empty and click Go I expect to see all the objects instances, but instead I see none.  If I enter the id of a known object it does find it.  Any ideas?

Is there a way of locking notes records after those are created? Or is it possible at least to remove edit and delete buttons from the notes layout.

Thanks,