• 0 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

How do I package a web tab such that it is automatically added to the user's "Sales" application when the package is installed?

I've created the absolute simplest package possible:

1) Create package

2) Add web tab

3) Upload

I'm able to successfully install it to another account.  And that other account can successfully add the tab to their Sales application manually using the "Customize My Tabs" button of the little arrow tab.  However, my intent is for the tab to be automatically added when they install the application (otherwise installing the application has no visible effect, which is rather confusing).  Is this possible?  Specifically:

a) Is there some way to package the tab such that it is automatically added to all users's sales applications in the organization upon installation?

b) Is there some way to create a trigger on the application installation event that executes some Apex code that adds the tab?

c) Or should I hack an installation hook by causing some object to be created on installation, and then create a trigger on that object's creation that causes the web tab to be added to the user's Sales application?

Thanks for your help.  I'm a new Apex developer and still wrapping my head around the concepts involved.  Thanks!

-david

How do I package a web tab such that it is automatically added to the user's "Sales" application when the package is installed?

I've created the absolute simplest package possible:

1) Create package

2) Add web tab

3) Upload

I'm able to successfully install it to another account.  And that other account can successfully add the tab to their Sales application manually using the "Customize My Tabs" button of the little arrow tab.  However, my intent is for the tab to be automatically added when they install the application (otherwise installing the application has no visible effect, which is rather confusing).  Is this possible?  Specifically:

a) Is there some way to package the tab such that it is automatically added to all users's sales applications in the organization upon installation?

b) Is there some way to create a trigger on the application installation event that executes some Apex code that adds the tab?

c) Or should I hack an installation hook by causing some object to be created on installation, and then create a trigger on that object's creation that causes the web tab to be added to the user's Sales application?

Thanks for your help.  I'm a new Apex developer and still wrapping my head around the concepts involved.  Thanks!

-david

I created a package in my developer account and uploaded it. I was trying to install it in my org account, but I get the following error:
"This package is not yet available. Please wait, or contact the package owner."

I have uploaded the same package many times before and this is simply the latest version. I added a few triggers since the last version, but nothing substantial. I have experienced temporary delays before, but not this long (24 hours).

If I try and install the package back into my developer account (on 'na5'), it finds it. If I try to install it in my second developer account (on 'na2'), I also get an error. My org account is on the 'ssl' server.

I will try uploading it with the same elements as in the last working version and see what that does.

Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

Here is a screenshot for one version of the error:

Here is a screenshot for a similar error I got one time, even though I was trying to upload the same elements as above:
We get this message from an exception thrown trying to login to Salesforce.com from our application.  This works fine at a number of customers but we get this failure at this site.

What is the specific issue that would prevent us from working at this site vs other?  Is this Professional vs. Enterprise or Developer version?