• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all

I am stuck with a wierd problem

The organizational time zone in the my system is set to EST. The users to the system can have any local time zone as set by the System Admin while the creation of the user record or changed by the user himself during any course of time. As per salesforce OOTB the system will shown the datetime fields to the user in the local user setting time but all the records in the SF database are stored in the organizational time zone(EST). This may lead to the date offset because of the time difference in the local user setting and the organization wide setting. This date offset will further lead to issues in the time sensitive business processes.

Is there a way of avoiding the date offset in datetime fields. As of now i am planning to keep corresponding String fields (populated by trigger / formula ) and then use these fields for the date time sensitive processes.

Please suggest, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Roshan Rao

Why Why Why ...... ISCHANGED() function is not allowed in the formula fields ?

well i can achive what i want to do in multiple ways (via trigger , workflow etc ) but i am working on an existing system and dont want to disturb the existing code.

Is there any way i can i get ISCHANGED() type of a functionality in a formula field.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Regards

Roshan Rao

Hello

I have written the following trigger for my custom object -

trigger field_update on PM_Requests__c (after insert, after update, after delete) {
    for (PM_Requests__c pm : Trigger.new) {
        Product2 p = [Select p.name from Product2 p where p.name= :pm.Products__c];
        pm.Product_Email_DL__c=p.Email_DL_for_PMs__c;        
    }    
}

It does not seems to be working properly and produces an exception (whenever I add a new record for that object) as -

Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger field_update caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: field_update: execution of AfterInsert caused by: System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject: Trigger.field_update: line 3, column 22

Please try to help me on this.

Thanks in advance...

Is it possible to fire off a trigger on the Note object and if one can not what is the possible work around for this?

Thanks

Stephen 

Hi all

I am stuck with a wierd problem

The organizational time zone in the my system is set to EST. The users to the system can have any local time zone as set by the System Admin while the creation of the user record or changed by the user himself during any course of time. As per salesforce OOTB the system will shown the datetime fields to the user in the local user setting time but all the records in the SF database are stored in the organizational time zone(EST). This may lead to the date offset because of the time difference in the local user setting and the organization wide setting. This date offset will further lead to issues in the time sensitive business processes.

Is there a way of avoiding the date offset in datetime fields. As of now i am planning to keep corresponding String fields (populated by trigger / formula ) and then use these fields for the date time sensitive processes.

Please suggest, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Roshan Rao

Why Why Why ...... ISCHANGED() function is not allowed in the formula fields ?

well i can achive what i want to do in multiple ways (via trigger , workflow etc ) but i am working on an existing system and dont want to disturb the existing code.

Is there any way i can i get ISCHANGED() type of a functionality in a formula field.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Regards

Roshan Rao