• 50 Points
  • Member since 2009

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We our developing an application using sites and customer portal. We have created a customsettings object with 2-3 fields. Now, we need to access these fields from customsettings inside a formula field. This formula works in salesforce;but does not work in Sites.

Any one has any ideas about this? or salesforce doesnot allow to access the customsettings on Sites?

Message Edited by Enzigma on 02-25-2010 09:29 PM

I have been executing the following query with success for a while now (over a year):

find {01234567890} in phone fields returning

contact(id, phone, firstname, lastname),

lead(id, phone, firstname, lastname),

account(id, phone, name)

But this has suddenly stopped working with the error

INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'lead' is not supported.

I have tested using System Log and the following query:

List<List<SObject>> searchList = [find '01234567890' in phone fields returning contact(id, phone, firstname, lastname), lead(id, phone, firstname, lastname), account(id, phone, name)];

And the query works with no errors about the lead type.

This works on an org with the jumping dog logo, but doesn't work on an org with the sun logo. (Both are '11).

Any help would be appreciated.

Is this just a limitation of the pre-release version? It's saying the package cannot be found. I've taken the existing package install url and replaced login.salesforce.com with prerellogin.pre.salesforce.com..

Is there a way to install packages in Winter '11 pre-release to make sure they're not going to break?

Thanks

• September 22, 2010

According to this page http://blog.sforce.com/sforce/2008/11/adding-a-visualforce-page-to-a-page-layout.html to add a visualforce page to a page layout the controller of the visual force page must match the object you want to add it to the page layout of.

What I have seen in reality is like this: if you want to add a VisualForce page to a page layout e.g. of Contacts then the standardcontroller must be set to Contact. At this point the VisualForce page appears in the page layout editor and it can be dragged in. After that you can then change the VisualForce page to have a custom controller and it will continue to work, and will continue to appear in the page layout editor.

This is kind of strange behaviour. Does anyone know if it's possible to add custom controlled VisualForce pages to a page layout in a more orthodox way? Is this a bug? I basically want to be able to write one VisualForce page with custom controller and be able to add it to any page layout I like.

• September 22, 2010

We use the API to SOSL search contacts based on a phone number as below:

"find {" + _utilities.EscapeSalesforceSpecialCharacters(clid) + "} in phone fields returning "
                                  + "contact(id, phone, firstname, lastname), "
                                  + "lead(id, phone, firstname, lastname), "
                                  + "account(id, phone, name)";

(We're also looking for accounts and leads).

Just recently it has stopped returning any contacts where the account field is not set. We have tested this on three developer orgs - all on NA7. 1 of the orgs returns contacts where no account is set, but the other two now don't. We've tested this by pointing the same bit of unit testing code at each org in turn and seeing which return contacts with no account. Seems strange that it would suddenly stop working.

Is there any setting in an org which would prevent contacts with no account from being searched in this way? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks..

I have an external app where I fetch contacts from a salesforce org using the entreprise web service. I want to be able to provide the users with a direct hyperlink to the contact page in salesforce e.g. http://emea.salesforce.com/<Id of the contact> so that they can click the link and go to the page. The trouble is I don't know how to obtain the base url. Does anyone know how to get it?

Thanks

• January 26, 2010

I'm a bit stumped on this. I've created a managed package which includes a hierarchical custom setting at the org level. This is then used in custom formula fields. All works well if you view the pages as a system administrator, but if you login as a standard user all you see is #Error!

I've checked and the fields are set as visible and read only, and the the standard user is set to view the correct page layout. The formula fields display fine if I replace the custom settings part with a string, and of course work fine for sys admins. Where else should I look to make sure standard users have access to this data?

Many thanks!

• January 25, 2010

Hi,

I have an app in my developer edition account which I need to get quickly onto a partnership demo org. What is the best / easiest way to do this? I tried packaging and uploading but it said I need 75% test coverage (which will take some time). I don't want to put it on the app exchange, I just want to get it onto a demoable org our company has to show to customers.

Is there a better way to do this?

Many thanks

• September 05, 2009

I'm trying to add a custom button inline with a standard field of a Contact. For instance a Contact page would have a field for e.g. phone number, the layout for the field would be label, number, custom button ("dial").

I can think of 3 ways to add custom buttons to the Contact page.

1) add custom buttons in the usual manner to appear at the top and bottom of the page

- These buttons are not inline, you end up with lots of buttons in a row - messy.

2) make an s-control which includes the number plus a "dial" button.

-  If you replace the standard field with one made in an s-control you lose the double-click to edit functionality, plus the field doesn't show up in edit mode.

3) make an s-control underneath the number, i.e. a blank field, no label, with just a "dial phone" button.

- This is not inline, it's below the number, and is again messy

The only other option I can think of is to completely replace the Contact page (and many other pages) with VisualForce replacements. This is not a viable option as it is a huge amount of work, and when SalesForce releases updates the pages would quickly go out of date, etc. etc.

Are there any other options I am missing?

Thanks.

• September 03, 2009

I'm trying to put a Visualforce page in the sidebar. I know you can do this by adding a homepage html component containing an iframe that points to your Visualforce page, but this seems to cause a "Redirect Loop" error in Firefox.

"Redirection limit for this URL exceeded.  Unable to load the requested page.  This may be caused by cookies that are blocked."

It works ok in IE though.

Does anyone know any other or best practice ways to include Visualforce content in the sidebar?

Thanks,

Tom

We our developing an application using sites and customer portal. We have created a customsettings object with 2-3 fields. Now, we need to access these fields from customsettings inside a formula field. This formula works in salesforce;but does not work in Sites.

Any one has any ideas about this? or salesforce doesnot allow to access the customsettings on Sites?

Message Edited by Enzigma on 02-25-2010 09:29 PM

We have recntly distributed a managed package to our company internally.

This package contains custom page layouts with custom links.

To [Profile] Standard Platform Users and System Administrators this works fine without any problems, however with custom profiles used by the majority of our organisationinplace of the link they are presented with #Error

The only way we are able to enable this custom link for custom profiles is by enabling "View All Data" in the Administrative Permissions section of the custom profile.

This may not be appropriate for future deployments.

Could anyone assist in explaining why this is the case and/or how to resolve the issue. I am happy to provide further information on how the organisation is setup and how the package was created if required.

Thanks in advance.

• January 28, 2010

I have an external app where I fetch contacts from a salesforce org using the entreprise web service. I want to be able to provide the users with a direct hyperlink to the contact page in salesforce e.g. http://emea.salesforce.com/<Id of the contact> so that they can click the link and go to the page. The trouble is I don't know how to obtain the base url. Does anyone know how to get it?

Thanks

• January 26, 2010

I'm a bit stumped on this. I've created a managed package which includes a hierarchical custom setting at the org level. This is then used in custom formula fields. All works well if you view the pages as a system administrator, but if you login as a standard user all you see is #Error!

I've checked and the fields are set as visible and read only, and the the standard user is set to view the correct page layout. The formula fields display fine if I replace the custom settings part with a string, and of course work fine for sys admins. Where else should I look to make sure standard users have access to this data?

Many thanks!

• January 25, 2010

I'm trying to add a custom button inline with a standard field of a Contact. For instance a Contact page would have a field for e.g. phone number, the layout for the field would be label, number, custom button ("dial").

I can think of 3 ways to add custom buttons to the Contact page.

1) add custom buttons in the usual manner to appear at the top and bottom of the page

- These buttons are not inline, you end up with lots of buttons in a row - messy.

2) make an s-control which includes the number plus a "dial" button.

-  If you replace the standard field with one made in an s-control you lose the double-click to edit functionality, plus the field doesn't show up in edit mode.

3) make an s-control underneath the number, i.e. a blank field, no label, with just a "dial phone" button.

- This is not inline, it's below the number, and is again messy

The only other option I can think of is to completely replace the Contact page (and many other pages) with VisualForce replacements. This is not a viable option as it is a huge amount of work, and when SalesForce releases updates the pages would quickly go out of date, etc. etc.

Are there any other options I am missing?

Thanks.

• September 03, 2009

I'm trying to put a Visualforce page in the sidebar. I know you can do this by adding a homepage html component containing an iframe that points to your Visualforce page, but this seems to cause a "Redirect Loop" error in Firefox.

"Redirection limit for this URL exceeded.  Unable to load the requested page.  This may be caused by cookies that are blocked."

It works ok in IE though.

Does anyone know any other or best practice ways to include Visualforce content in the sidebar?

Thanks,

Tom